• Advertisement

The Secret Life of Pets

Clappy

Another film that was mentioned in the 2016 animated films topic from Illumination Studios.

Plot: Taking place in a Manhattan apartment building, Max (Louis C.K.!!!)'s life as a favorite pet is turned upside down, when his owner (Ellie Kemper) brings home a sloppy mongrel named Duke (Eric Stonestreet). They have to put their quarrels behind, when they find out that an adorable white bunny named Snowball (Kevin Hart) is building an army of abandoned pets determined to take revenge on all happily-owned pets and their owners.

Honestly the plot slightly resembles Toy Story a bit, but that aside, I am definitely looking forward to this. The animation looks great, the voice actor cast is stacked, and the trailer did a great job amusing me far more than than I expected. I can't wait to see this!

A friend of mine has been really looking forward to it so I'll probably end up seeing it with her. The positive response I'm seeing for it is also nice to see. Doubt it's near Toy Story levels of feels (or even most family pet movie feels), but the idea of a Toy Story story revolving around our furry friends is an honestly interesting take for me.

come to think of it, it seems a lot like the Pal and Kate episodes of Arthur. Just minus Kate.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, JCM said:

This movie is getting surprisingly good reviews. I probably won't watch it, but I'm glad it's not another Minions.

Don't get your hopes up. There's another Minions short that's supposed to be shown before the film.