• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

Hey wait a second... the first of the sixteen... so nobody had the same #1 worst episode? Interesting.

Actually some people had the same #1. What I meant by that comment was that one user's #1 didn't even make the countdown. :P

It's weird, because this has all the makings of a bad episode... but I don't really hate it. I don't like it, for sure, but it's not really an outlandishly bad episode to me. I'd like to hear Cha's thoughts on this one, as it's her #1 pick.

This episode felt so off to me. It was one of the only few episodes I refused to watch when it came out. I felt bad for poor old Sandy and the idea of her pelt coming off that easily is just strange. The Bikini Bottomites treated her as if she was fully naked which she wasn't. Plus, Plankton randomly just came in her bathroom when she was showering, what the heck. The ending was just stupid IMO. Maybe I just really dislike how they treated Sandy. But the main reason I dislike this is because, I feel kinda offended as a female watching this. It just makes me feel all feminist.

• Like 1

I'm guessing Atlantis will be in here somewhere

it is even with david bowe. why? advertisemnts and dumb songs! its ok but i am an SBoptimist mainly. so i had trouble with minee and put down episodes that i have no reaction to. and what weapon shoots ice cream!??!sorry bout that david bowe.

31. Blackened Sponge

tumblr_l63p3uqRrD1qbaxlqo1_400.gif

Image is only fitting because I'm also at Cha's medieval dungeon right now.

56 points. 5 out of 17 lists. (#6 Wooden Steel)

The episode starts off SpongeBob dreaming that he tried to beat Jack M. Crazyfish at his own game to save the woman tied on the train lines. Actually in a game of scissors, paper, rock, but I digress. SpongeBob eventually jumps in from of the train but just as it is about to him he wakes up. Soon after, SpongeBob gives himself a black eye due to an attempt to open up some toothpaste. He lies to Patrick, Sandy and the Krusty Krab customers describing that he defeated an outlaw.

However, Crazyfish arrives at the Krusty Krab, which makes SpongeBob tell the truth and giving himself another black eye in the process. but Crazyfish just claims he just came to the Krusty Krabs because he heard SpongeBob makes good Krabby Pattys. at the end after he accidentally threw the food to Crazyfish face they play a game of scissors, paper, rock. and Crazyfish then cheats in the game as SpongeBob screams ending the episode.

Short summary for a short episode. Almost forgot about this one until I re-watched it. It was a pretty stupid one and I didn't like it. I mean I guess the moral is to not tell tall tales because they may come back to bite you in the butt. Not like it matters anyway. But yeah, it could have helped if it was an interesting episode. However, this was incredibly boring.

• Like 2

Actually some people had the same #1. What I meant by that comment was that one user's #1 didn't even make the countdown. :P

That would probably be mine

Ok SpongeBob nostalgics. Last pre-movie SpongeBob episode on here.

34. Can You Spare a Dime?

Tbettel.jpg

53 points. 3 out of 17 lists. (#6 4EverGreen)

When Mr. Krabs' first dime goes missing, he accuses Squidward of stealing it. After a heated argument with his boss, Squidward quits his job. SpongeBob meets Squidward outside of the restaurant insisting that if Squidward ever needs anything, he can seek help from him.

Time passes and SpongeBob encounters Squidward again. Squidward has become a beggar, and is now homeless, living in a cardboard box. SpongeBob takes Squidward into his own home in order to nurse him until he can look for a new job. That very night, Squidward keeps on calling SpongeBob for various reasons each time, which ends with SpongeBob falling down the stairs. Gary tries to tell SpongeBob that Squidward is taking advantage of him, but SpongeBob is in denial. Many months later, Squidward has become completely dependent upon SpongeBob, turning him into a manservant of many sorts (he is even forced to wear a maids outfit). SpongeBob is finally beginning to lose his patience when time cards fly so much that the old narrator got tired of waiting so long and they had to hire a new one. SpongeBob conveys several hints to Squidward in order to push him towards finding work (for example, when serving Squidward a bowl of alphabet soup, SpongeBob arranges the letters to read "GET A JOB").

These hints are of no use, so when SpongeBob tries to make it as simple as he can by actually talking and not using hints, and Squidward still doesn't notice, SpongeBob actually takes the bed Squidward is lying on, runs with it through the upstairs wall, and tries to convince Mr. Krabs to give Squidward his old job back. Mr. Krabs refuses, even after SpongeBob offers him more than just one dime, SpongeBob gets extremely angry and begins to strangle and shake Mr. Krabs until he finds that his first dime (a large coin-shaped rock; Mr. Krabs explains that he has "been in business for a long time") was in his pocket. He restores Squidward's position, but then claims that it was Squidward who placed the dime in his pocket, beginning a new dispute. SpongeBob is shown putting on his maid outfit while the two are still arguing.

Seriously though, I would love to know what's wrong with it. Was it Douche Squidward? I mean yeah he goes over the top but it's actually hilarious.

The reason why I despise it so much is because of the stupid premise, the fact that first they made Squidward's life miserable, than they had Squidward make Spongebob's life miserable! :rolleyes: Just because the writers made Spongebob make Squidward's life SO miserable in "Boating Buddies," does NOT give Squidward an excuse for making Spongebob's life miserable in "Can You Spare a Dime?" and the reason I say this is because, two wrongs do not make a right. I also find it HIGHLY improbable that Squidward COULDN'T find another job BESIDES the Krusty Krab, and that he wouldn't take a hint from Spongebob about leaving Spongebob's house to find a job and that Squidward should live back at his OWN house, and finally; I know Mr. Krabs is a cheap tightwad, but being GIVEN a bunch of dimes is a whole lot better than carrying around one huge OLD dime! :huh: Come to think of it, how could Mr. Krabs NOT realize there was a HUGE, stone dime in his pants?! :o As far as bad pre-movie episodes go, this one takes the cake in being the WORST! :angry: Enough said! B)

Just because the writers made Spongebob make Squidward's life SO miserable in "Boating Buddies," does NOT give Squidward an excuse for making Spongebob's life miserable in "Can You Spare a Dime?"

Can You Spare a Dime?: Adventures in Chronology.
  • Like 6

I absolutely disagree with your opinion 4EverGreen, but at least someone shared it with me.

30. Rule of Dumb

954811.jpg

58 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#3 Wumbo)

A starfish from the Royal Ministry comes to visit Patrick for a delivery. After Patrick opens, he thinks the starfish is a librarian and has come for overdue library books. Patrick runs to SpongeBob's house and cries about it. SpongeBob covers for Patrick by coming up to the man and greeting him. The starfish then asks SpongeBob if he knows Patrick, but SpongeBob lies and says, "No, I don't know any starfish!" in surprise. When the starfish announces he has a gift for Patrick, which is a crown; Patrick dashes out of SpongeBob's house and grabs his gift. He starts chewing it and licking it, and announces it's a terrible-tasting gift. The starfish explains it's an item to wear, not to eat. Patrick is pleased when he gets the shiny crown.

SpongeBob becomes Patrick's servant and shows a treaty to the citizens of Bikini Bottom whenever Patrick takes something from them. SpongeBob assists Patrick firstly by going to the Krusty Krab and ordering for Patrick when Mr. Krabs looks at Patrick in shock and comes to him in a happy way. But SpongeBob is thrown away by Mr. Krabs and Patrick orders for himself with 10 Krabby Patties, a large fries, and a shake; Mr. Krabs lays out a buffet for him on the table consisting plates of Krabby Patties, a dozen shakes, and fries. Soon, Patrick requests for more ketchup, but Mr. Krabs tells him to pay a bill instead. Patrick then states that he has no money and anything he gets is free. Mr. Krabs gets upset at this and kicks both SpongeBob & Patrick out of the restaurant and screams out the front door, "Nobody eats for free at me restaurant, king or no king!", and closes the doors.

He then finds a fish with a Krabby Patty and a shake and asks if he was going to eat it, and when the blue fish says he was planning to, Patrick takes it. Then a nerdy fish comes up with a comic book collection, and becomes overjoyed at it especially at one of the comics "Wonder Space Fish", and states his 40-year old life and his comic book collection are complete, but he bumps into Patrick and Patrick takes the comic books, and Horace (who worked his whole life on the comic book collection) becomes sad. When the nerd begins to cry, Patrick laughs viciously, and he exclaims happily that he loves being a king. Patrick then gets other citizens to line up leading to his rock, which is turned into a magnificent castle, with one of their possessions. After SpongeBob gains a walker from an old man for Patrick, he comes down to give Patrick his opinion on whether to put his plasma screen TV by the fancy egg display or the indoor swimming pool, which is seen shaped as a star, and is obviously known because he is a starfish.

Next morning, Squidward wakes up and he is blown away by the wind inside of his house because Patrick is making a crane move it back a little to build a ferris wheel. Squidward finally explodes after coming out of his house and announces to everyone that Patrick couldn't be a king because he is much too stupid and tells them that he can't be a king of anything (except of being a moron). Patrick then explodes and requests SpongeBob to attack Squidward. SpongeBob pretends to go to Squidward right away but really asks Squidward to sign a treaty. But Squidward rolls up the treaty and plugs it into one of SpongeBob's craters just by throwing it. Patrick's insane and awful attitude inside his castle makes SpongeBob afraid of him, and he slowly walks away, saying he needs to go to the Krusty Krab for work. Realizing that his servant just left him, Patrick goes for a drink.

On his way, Patrick looks at himself in the mirror and sees that he is literally turning into a monster. He gets frightened at this sight and goes back to the starfish who made him king. He gives the crown back to the Royal Ministry starfish and rechecks the paper of ancestors who was made to be king. After wiping a stain on the other side of Patrick's family he realizes that Gary is the one who really has struck royalty. SpongeBob and Patrick become servants and Gary gets the crown. The episode is finally ended with a happy and questioning "meow" from Gary.

I was absolutely terrified for a minute when this episode was only going to appear on my list. Suddenly, the final three users to send me lists all had Rule of Dumb on them and all was right with the world. Remember when I mentioned Douche Patrick all the way back towards the beginning? Well this was the epitome of Douche Patrick. I can't think of a more out of character Patrick episode than this one. From the moment he was named a king, his inner-douche just came out. Btw, speaking of things out of context, I'm pretty sure Bikini Bottom already has a king who would have a problem with this named Neptune?

Oh and for god's sake, why were there so many Spider-Man film references in this episode? Patrick seeing what he has become in the mirror was Norman Osborn seeing his Green Goblin self. Oh and "with great power comes great responsibility". Yeah everyone started using that quote to death after the original Spider-Man came out. I mean there are more I can list off, but I haven't seen this episode in years and those were the two that always stuck out the most.

• Like 3

29. Plankton's Regular

377759.jpg

63 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#4 Clappy)

Plankton is once again complaining about how he has no customers, with Karen being annoyed by the constant whining. A recurring fish named Nat, instantly comes in and asks for a Chum Stick. Plankton at first thinks he is kidding, but Nat is actually serious. After Nat eats the Chum Stick, he says the Chum Stick was so good, he would come back the next day. Plankton is overjoyed at the fact, and brags to Karen, who is barely shaken by the fact. Plankton decides to wait with a Chum Stick for Nat. Eight hours later, Plankton wakes up by the clock and realizes it's closing time, and concludes that it was not true that Nat was coming back. However, at that moment, Nat appears. Plankton gives him the chum he had been saving, which Nat thinks is perfect after he looks like it was a very appalling meal. Nat says he will come back the next day and the next week, telling Plankton he has a regular customer on his hands.

At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is bowling, using his money as the bowling balls and pins. Plankton appears, and Mr. Krabs tries to squish him with a spoon. Plankton assures Mr. Krabs that he doesn't need to compete with the Krusty Krab anymore since he now has a regular customer. Mr. Krabs laughs at him, and shows off all his customers eating Krabby Patties. Then Nat appears asking Plankton for another Chum Stick in front of Mr. Krabs. Nat carries Plankton back to the Chum Bucket, with Plankton mocking Mr. Krabs and insulting him. Mr. Krabs explains the situation to SpongeBob, and orders him to get Nat to eat food from the Krusty Krab and not at the Chum Bucket. Every attempt is unsuccessful, first when SpongeBob simply shows Nat a Krabby Patty, which Nat immediately doesn't like just by smelling it, secondly SpongeBob fake trips off a rock with a Krabby Patty coming straight for Nat's mouth, thirdly, SpongeBob transforms into Karen and pretends to give Nat a chum stick which is a Krabby Patty, he ties up and gags Karen so they won't notice him, fourthly, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob trick Nat into going into a shortcut leading to the Chum Bucket which really leads to the Krusty Krab, they make chum Nat doesn't like. Mr. Krabs bursts into tears, saying that he cannot afford Plankton to have even just one customer. SpongeBob says that if he wants Nat to eat at the Krusty Krab, he will have to make chum as good as Plankton. This gives Mr. Krabs the idea to steal the chum recipe.

That night, Mr. Krabs sneaks into the Chum Bucket trying to steal Plankton's recipe but Plankton catches him with the spoon security system. SpongeBob then grabs Plankton and starts talking about irony of the situation, but Plankton then uses the spoon security system on SpongeBob. After Plankton reveals the name of his system, Karen shows, on screen, that Nat is heading for the Chum Bucket with a fortune. Nat comes back telling Plankton that the Chum made him sick twice, since Nat only pretended to like the food so Karen would pay him, SO that Plankton should stop his self complaining, Because of this Plankton once again feels miserable again, and realizes that he never had a regular customer. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to escape, but he decides to stay and laugh at Plankton's misery, which enjoys seeing Plankton cry.

I hate this episode so much. This and my number three episode flip flopped so much on my original countdown, but after re-watching this for the first time in a long time, I kinda wish I had this a 3 instead. You know how I am a huge Plankton fan? Well, it wasn't always that way. I use to think he was a pretty entertaining villain and I still do today. However, this was the first episode that actually had me sympathizing for Plankton.

In the newer seasons, they have expanded on the main character's quirks into personality traits. One of the most annoying is Mr. Krabs obsession over money. I mean it was tolerable for a little while, but it became disgusting in this episode. He didn't want Plankton to have a single customer? What the *dolphin noise*? I mean he just wanted to see Plankton miserable for his own greedy sake. The ending broke my heart seeing Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob happy over Plankton's misery. I mean the guy was balling his eye out over Karen and Nat deceiving him and all they could do was laugh and smile. *Dolphin noise* this. At this point, it made me start rooting for Plankton to actually steal the krabby patty secret formula. The chances of this actually happening are slim to none, but Mr. Krabs character jumped the shark at this point to me.

Doesn't mean I don't find Krabs entertaining anymore. Now I am just rooting for Plankton to have his official come uppance after watching one of the most despicable endings in SpongeBob history.

• Like 4

28. One Coarse Meal

618180.jpg

69 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#4 Wumbo)

Mr. Krabs is sleeping in his money bath, then he smells something burning, then SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that it smells like Plankton with his explosives. Plankton then explodes the Krusty Krab, while his machine caught SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs. Then Pearl comes to the kitchen and scares Plankton, which makes him go to the Chum Bucket.

He tells Karen about his fear of whales and she tells him there's no whales in the Chum Bucket. Then, Mr. Krabs, disguised as Pearl, scares Plankton. He enters in the Chum Bucket and Mr. Krabs appears saying that he wants the meat of Plankton. Plankton then runs away and has nightmares about an evil Pearl eating him and his cousins.

Plankton appears in the road, about to commit suicide by being run over by a bus, but SpongeBob talks him out of it and tells Plankton that it is Mr. Krabs disguised as Pearl. Plankton is angered until SpongeBob talks about Mr. Krabs' fear of mimes. Plankton decides to torment Mr. Krabs with a mime. Later, SpongeBob scares Plankton away with holographic whales to keep him from getting the formula. SpongeBob then releases Krabs and the mime continues to torment him.

So I'll be honest. This was one of those episodes that I didn't watch before entering the countdown. I understand all that hate for it now. I loathed it as well and now has a safe and secured spot in my Bottom 10. Just like in the episode previously discussed, it was an episode where you feel sympathetic for Plankton and want to see Mr. Krabs lose for once. The only thing that makes this better than Plankton's Regular is that Plankton does get some sort of revenge with finding out about Mr. Krabs fear of mimes. But yeah, once again, this is a moment where you wonder what redeeming qualities Mr. Krabs actually has. What a *dolphin noise*.

• Like 7

Yeah, beside a few funny scenes, I also hated this episode. The ending was sad.

That's weird, I thought you loved it based on the review given:

Don't forget he also got customers in the Spongebob Movie. Anyways, this episode gets a solid 9.5/10, loses points because of the door scene.

Rule of Dumb and One Coarse Meal. Two awful episodes because of a character that acts like a complete douche-bomb. I only wish they were higher.

As for Plankton's Regular, this episode was just kind of there for me. For some reason, it didn't bother me as much as One Coarse Meal, probably because Plankton wasn't driven to the point of SUICIDE. Honest to God, what were they thinking?

• Like 4