• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

Hi guys. I'm a little busy today. I won't be home on my laptop til 5 ish at the earliest. Sorry for only doing one episode yesterday, but when I get home I'll make up for it by doing 11, 10, and 9.

Hi guys. I'm a little busy today. I won't be home on my laptop til 5 ish at the earliest. Sorry for only doing one episode yesterday, but when I get home I'll make up for it by doing 11, 10, and 9.

i was drill seargeant because i think eotm is on here somewhere

14. All That Glitters

474.png

After selling everything, SpongeBob attains Le Spatula from the man from the store. He shows him off to Mr. Krabs, and, later, before he flips a patty, he refuses. He says it is disgusting, and that he and SpongeBob aren't friends at all. He then suddenly grows robotic legs and runs off. Mr. Krabs confronts SpongeBob, and SpongeBob runs off to the hospital, where old Spat lays. He suddenly runs out of life as SpongeBob watches, and SpongeBob cries in agony. Then a doctor appears, and, after some conversation, tells him that's not his spatula, and that Spat is in the infirmary. SpongeBob runs over to Spat, but Spat turns away from SpongeBob. SpongeBob cries he's sorry for buying Le Spatula, claiming it was his moment of weakness.

My thoughts? Someone give SpongeBob some anti-depressants. My god his excessive crying got ridiculously old ridiculously fast. I mean it's a freaking spatula. Clearly it isn't that important to him if he has gone through spatulas as fast as Kim Kardashian has gone through boyfriends. If there were any comical scenes, they were unrecognizable behind all the melodrama. Oh and nude SpongeBob has never felt so forced. Sorry 4EverGreen, but what was the point of having SpongeBob naked for half the episode? I mean it's just a stupid French talking spatula. Oh and even then, the French spatula is mean spirited to the point that you want to burn it's batteries completely out. Worst episode of Season 4 hands down...to me at least.

First off, it's a cartoon, it doesn't necessarily NEED logic to have something happen in it. If logic were a part of the "Spongebob Squarepants" cartoon world, fire would NOT be possible UNLESS you were inside Sandy's Tree Dome. Second, while I am upset that EIGHT people put this on the list, the silver lining here is that it is at LEAST not the number one worst episode on this list, so it must be doing SOMETHING right! :lol: It certainly does in my honest opinion! :D Enough said! ;)
  • Like 1

Because lastchance is very impatient even though I was going to post another episode shortly.

11. Boating Buddies

20090306140426!Boating_Buddies_Are_SpongeBob_%26_Squidward.jpg

105 points. 5 out of 17 lists. (#1 4EverGreen)

SpongeBob is brushing Gary when he hears a strange noise. He goes outside to investigate only to find out that it's Squidward breathing. Squidward then tells SpongeBob that he will pay him five dollars if he gives him peace and quiet rest of the day. However, Squidward already gave Spongebob five dollars to leave him alone yesterday. He gets annoyed, so Squidward begins walking away. He then finds out that SpongeBob is following him so he starts running and he jumps into his boat. However, he can't find the key and SpongeBob arrives at Squidward's boat. Squidward then becomes furious, only to find out that SpongeBob wanted to give him his keys. Squidward then drives away and crashes into a stop sign. He then gets pulled over by a police man, telling him that he needs to do boating school.

Then the scene changes to Squidward walking up to Mrs. Puff's boating school and when he opens the door, he see's SpongeBob and then starts to cry. During class, Squidward is forced to sit next to SpongeBob. Then Mrs. Puff asks Squidward why he is enrolled in Boating School, so he tells everyone. Then Mrs. Puff tells SpongeBob to illustrate his side of the story, but SpongeBob just draws on the chalkboard a picture with him and Squidward saying "Spongebob And Squidward, Best Boating Buddies Forever". Then it is lunchtime and Squidward tries to avoid SpongeBob. He then decides to eat in the bathroom, where he gets beat up. Then he arrives back in class with SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff tells him that he has to drive with SpongeBob for a test. So they get inside a boat and SpongeBob is the driver. However, he drives out of control and ends up in a research lab. There, he, Squidward, and Mrs. Puff shrink and get washed down the drain. SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff end up in a water fountain back at Mrs. Puff's boating school, while Squidward ends up in the bathroom and gets beat up again. Then the scene changes to everyone back in class. Mrs. Puff explains that everyone is going to do a test. But when SpongeBob tries to help him, Squidward snaps at him that they aren't "Boating Buddies" and he never wants help from him ever again.

However, Squidward can't do the test because he can't pick up the pencil, so he asks for SpongeBob for help; when the young sponge reminds him of what he said, Squidward denies it, only for his voice to be recorded by another student. Finally, when Squidward admits that he and SpongeBob are "Boating Buddies", SpongeBob cheers. But time runs out and Squidward asks Mrs. Puff what to do. She then says that he needs to come back the next week. Then Squidward finds out that SpongeBob also failed the test and he has to come back the next week too. So Squidward screams and the episode ends.

I know the hate this episode gets, but you know what? I enjoy it. Does Squidward deserve the treatment he gets? No. But this is one of those instances where Squidward Abuse should not be the main judgement of an episode. Otherwise, a lot of people would be complaining about multiple newer season episodes for this sole reason. Oh wait, they already kinda do. Nevermind that. I like this episode and I am one of the few that I know that actually enjoys it. The humor is great and their is never a dull moment...to me it is at least.

• Like 4

I can't remember if I put that episode in my list, but if I did, I would take it off because the only problem I have with it is Spongebob's cheeks.

ok that makes no sense to me.

4EverGreen? Good choice, bro.

Thank you! :D Although I'm a little surprised that this episode isn't actually #1 on this list overall! o.o What could possibly be considered even WORSE than "Boating Buddies?" :huh: I guess we're going to find out! B) Enough said! ;)
  • Like 1

10. To Love a Patty

tumblr_laot70BC5A1qbaxlqo1_400.gif

I saved you all the time from showing you a disgusting image of Patty.

107 points. 7 out of 17 lists. (#2 PatBack)

It starts out when SpongeBob is cooking Krabby Patties. He makes several krabby patties and falls in love with one, naming it "Patty". The patties are taken to customers who start wolfing down on the food. Consumed by guilt, SpongeBob rescues Patty by replacing her with a shoe.

SpongeBob shows Patty around his home. Patrick and Sandy arrive, only to question SpongeBob's desire of the sandwich. SpongeBob ignores their judgments and goes off to do numerous activities with the sandwich; such as going to the fair, rescuing it from hungry clams, and riding a boat down a river. They go down a waterfall and SpongeBob puts the sandwich back together.

The patty has spoiled. Oblivious to this, SpongeBob decides to take it on a date. Later at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob informs Mr. Krabs about his date. Mr. Krabs thinks he dating a girl, and finds it strange when he discovers the date is a krabby patty. At a point during the date, Squidward tries to tell SpongeBob that his date is just a rotten krabby patty. SpongeBob still thinks Patty is beautiful until he smells her, then sees the hideous appearance of the expired patty.

SpongeBob questions how this came to be. Mr. Krabs tells the fry cook that he once fell in love with a krabby patty. He then tells SpongeBob that krabby patties are meant to be loved and eaten. SpongeBob finally knows what he must do and eats his date, feeling nauseous afterward.

Can I just say one thing? The song isn't too bad. It kinda has a catchy tune despite awful lyrics. Now that I got that note of positivity off my chest....ARE YOU *DOLPHIN NOISE* KIDDING ME? I know SpongeBob loves his job, I know he loves what he makes, but having an episode revolved around SpongeBob emotionally involved with what he makes? That is incredibly stupid. I know SpongeBob is suppose to be a juvenile character...but this? SpongeBob needs to go have another visit with Dr. Peter Lankton because this is just disturbing. I wish I could find a better image than that GIF because there are even more disturbing images of SpongeBob literally having a "LET'S GET IT ON" face with that krabby patty. Oh and btw, nice attempt to gross us out with images of how disgusting the sandwich has gotten. Too bad the fact that SpongeBob wants to make love with a sandwich is even more disgusting though. Immature and incredibly stupid.

• Like 4

9. Slide Whistle Stooges

1247843972_1.jpg

114 points. 7 out of 17 lists. (#2 Halibut)

SpongeBob and Patrick get new slide whistles and keep playing them, much to the annoyance of Squidward. He becomes increasingly annoyed as they use the slide whistles as sound effects for everything he does. He eventually has enough of it and flees his house. SpongeBob and Patrick follow after him thinking he's finally playing with them and ignoring his cries to leave him alone. He snaps and grabs SpongeBob's slide whistle and uses it on them. SpongeBob says he has quite an ear for music and soon buy's one himself.

Squidward then plays it around the town: first he scares a fish out of his wits as he thinks he's being annoyed by ghosts and Squidward impersonates a baby and scares Sally out of her wits making her see Squidward as a "baby assaulter", but it annoys a lot of people. Soon they form an angry mob and end up on the warpath against Squidward. Squidward manages to take control over a gasoline tanker truck, destroys the Chum Bucket and the Krusty Krab ,jumps over a row of boats through a ring of fire and drives away from the mob Squidward says he doesn't want to stop but then SpongeBob and Patrick (driving a boat) asks if he is sure he doesn't want to stop then Squidward sees that SpongeBob was trying to warn him a cliff was ahead but there's nothing Squidward can do about it.

SpongeBob and Patrick stop just in time but the gasoline tanker truck keeps going and falls off the cliff causing it to explode,much to the joy of the town as they see that Squidward is finally stopped. At the hospital, the whistle gets stuck in his throat and since they don't have the technology to remove it, they just left it there. SpongeBob and Patrick then play around the hospital with the whistles.

First off, I like the slide whistles. I don't know why. At first I thought the slide whistles would get on my last nerves, but they never did. Now do I hate this episode? I can't say that I do. I don't like it though. This episode has it's fair share of flaws. Squidward joining in on the slide whistling festivities was a nice plot twist because I thought they would go for the obvious of having the two of them just torture Squidward with slide whistles. However, I find what Squidward was doing with the slide whistles was getting obnoxious. I mean good to see him have some fun, but it was getting to the point of bizarre and making me go WTF.

But I do hate the ending to this. Having Squidward drive a gasoline truck off the ledge because he was too busy slide whistling was just a dark joke. And speaking of dark jokes, I find SpongeBob and Patrick going around a hospital slide whistling and everyone laughing about it sort of sick and twisted for a kid's show. I just think the writers were out of material, so let's just have SpongeBob and Patrick make some obnoxious jokes at the fatally ill's expense. So yeah I guess this was a bad episode, but I think it's ranking on here is incredibly surprising.

• Like 3