• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

Just giving you guys a heads up. Wumbo is currently at #9 and if he is going to do two episodes a day like he did yesterday, then I assume his list will be done by Saturday. So if you haven't sent in your Bottom 25 yet, please do so by the end of the week. Saturday will be the last day I'll be taking lists. No exceptions...unless that is not the last day Wumbo will be finishing it up.

Yeah, I'll probably be finishing it up by Saturday. Btw, list sent. This countdown got a whole lot more Wumbo, friends.

So the deadline has passed for accepting lists. I am going to finalize the Top 50 at some point tomorrow and start this countdown officially either: tomorrow or Sunday.

Criticism is always more fun than praise.

Why do you think people barely watch any Best Songs of 2012 lists? Yeah, Dose of Buckley. You got it right. Nobody thinks it's funny when someone praises something. It's all about criticism.

Ok so let's get this countdown started off right by revealing the number 50 episodes....and yes that is not a typo. The number 50 spot was a tie since both episodes had the same point total, but appeared on the same number of lists.

50 (1). Truth or Square

SB-Truth%20or%20Square-320.jpg

35 points. 2 out of 17 lists. (#4 Wooden Steel)

In this special, it's the 50-year anniversary of the Krusty Krab, and SpongeBob is more ready than ever. When he arrives, Mr. Krabs tells him to keep an eye out for Plankton, for this would be the perfect opportunity for him to steal the formula. Meanwhile, Plankton tells Karen that he's going to plan to sneak in during the festivities, when Krabs and the others would be distracted.

Mr. Krabs lets SpongeBob decorate, but on a tight budget. When he, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick go to see the ice sculpture, they get locked in the freezer. The majority of the rest of the episode is the four reminiscing over certain memories, such as first Krabby Patties and starring in plays. Eventually, SpongeBob uses the gang as a battering ram to escape, only to discover that all the customers have left. So SpongeBob sings a song to get them to come back. Also, random stuff with Patchy.

Congrats Truth or Square. You not only appeared on the Best Ever countdown, but you appeared on the worst. While it wasn't on my list, I often think it's overrated due to it's pointless celebrity cameos, bad songs, random fan service skits, and lack of an intriguing plot. So I guess it doesn't surprise me that it not only has it's lovers (ex. Best Ever Countdown) and it's haters (ex. It's spot on this countdown).

50 (2). Yours, Mine and Mine

2911671.jpg

35 points. 2 out of 17 lists (#6 CommanderYoru)

Patrick is at the Krusty Krab and orders a Kid's meal. Since he doesn't have any money, SpongeBob pays for it. He agrees to share it with SpongeBob, but didn't save any of the meal for him. Patrick then wants his money back because his meal didn't come with a toy, again despite the fact that SpongeBob paid for it, not him, but Mr. Krabs sticks some straws and goggly eyes on a Krabby Patty and calls it a Krabby Patty shaped toy. Or a Patty Pal.

Patrick then reminds SpongeBob that they are sharing this meal, ignoring that he ate it all himself and takes Patty Pal. It is the end of the day, and Patrick still won't let SpongeBob play with Patty Pal. So yeah, the rest of this episode is pretty much Patrick acting like an obnoxious douche and not letting SpongeBob have his turn with the miniature hamburger...I mean Patty Pal. After minutes of bickering around every area of Bikini Botom imaginable, Patrick turns up the douche meter by eating the Patty Pal. Mr. Krabs resolves this dilemma by handing them two Patty Pals, which Patrick offers to pay for...by using SpongeBob's wallet.

Yeah Patrick came off as an arrogant *dolphin noise* throughout this whole episode. Couldn't stand him, so I guess it's deserving of a spot on here in my eyes.

• Like 8

Gonna go ahead and reveal 49 while I'm at it. I'm gonna try doing two episodes a day, maybe three. Last one for today though since number 50 was two episodes. :P

49. Are You Happy Now?

300px-Areyouhappynow.jpg

35 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#7 Sabre)

SpongeBob is reading the "Krusty Krab Schedule" book, much to Squidward being annoyed. SpongeBob then claims that the book has a list of "his happiest memories"...which I guess is work. Squidward takes the book and "accidentally" drops it on the grill. However, SpongeBob has multiple copies of the book in a cabinet, which he proceeds to get one. SpongeBob then asks Squidward if he has a happiest memory, in which he replies, "No".

Feeling concerned, SpongeBob tries to ask Squidward if he can help make a happiest memory for him, which he accepts. First, SpongeBob takes Squidward to a concert. That didn't go well, however, since the violin player accidentally shot Squidward in the eye with the bow. Then, both of them head to the Bikini Bottom Art Museum. One of Squidward's masterpieces is in the museum, which is praised by critics. Squidward is happy until a famous art critic named Fiasco burns his artwork with a flame thrower. And after that, SpongeBob takes Squidward on a hot air balloon ride. That doesn't go well, since Squidward is afraid of heights, so SpongeBob tries to get Squidward down by popping the balloon and both of them land on Mount Bikini, ruining a mountain climber's chance to be the first one on the mountain. Then, the two along with the mountain climber slide off the mountain due to an avalanche.

When SpongeBob and Squidward slide back to their homes, Squidward insists that he will never have a happiest memory. 2 weeks later, Squidward is left in his house doing nothing but being unhappy. SpongeBob then becomes even more concerned for Squidward and tries to get ahold of him, but fails. He then traps Squidward in a box, and takes him to the Krusty Krab, where he reveals that he created a party to cheer Squidward up. Sadly, SpongeBob failed to get anyone else to come, so he made paper-mâché sculptures of himself. Squidward hates seeing more than one sculpture of SpongeBob in one place so he snaps and destroys all the paper-mâché sculptures and claims this to be his "happiest memory".

Can't really say much about this episode since I've only seen it once and it was mostly forgettable. However, it was actually kinda depressing to me that Squidward has no happy memories. While I wouldn't say the Squid abuse was that bad, it was kind of tasteless to make jokes at his expense when he was that depressed like having the art critic burn his "masterpiece".

• Like 7

I'm surprised my rating for this one was the highest. Despite having a few adequate moments (the return of Fiasco was nice and ... uh ... I'm sure there's something else) there was nothing really to comment on. It was just so dull and, although Squidward's fake out suicide gags didn't offend me much, they were pretty tasteless and not suited for the show...

So I told a few XAT goers yesterday that I thought #48 was underrated. Well enough with the teasers, here it is:

48. Face Freeze

12057384.jpg

36 points. 2 out of 17 lists. (#3 Sabre)

SpongeBob and Patrick are eating lunch at the Krusty Krab. While eating they start making ugly faces at each other. Mr. Krabs rushes out of his office to see them making faces at each other and tells them to stop. He then tells them a story about a man who wouldn't stop sticking his tongue out. His face got frozen with his tongue out. Then after it got frozen, it falls off. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified of this story and vow never to make faces again.

After trying hard not to, they end up making faces again. SpongeBob then suggests they really put Mr. Krabs' myth to the test and they go to places in Bikkini Bottom. Then at the Goo Lagoon, Sandy finds them, and says they need help. I couldn't agree more. So after going camping that night for the first time since The Camping Episode, they decide to sleep in their new faces.

The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick wake up and realize their faces are frozen and both of them can't move their faces. They start screaming and rush to Sandy's house for help. Sandy then starts giving them a face massage. However, this just makes their faces droop down to their chins. SpongeBob then goes to work at the Krusty Krab anyways.

Eventually, Mr. Krabs finds out about SpongeBob's face freeze and face-pulling because Patrick walked into the Krusty Krab with a contorted frozen face. An angry Mr. Krabs then makes a face and it freezes, then Squidward comes in and laughs at them, he laughs so much that his face froze. The episode ends with them laughing and Squidward crying.

364624695_640.jpg

Now why do I think it's an underrated episode? I just don't get what others don't like about it. It's a harmless episode that actually has a sense of morals because SpongeBob and Patrick get punished for ignoring Mr. Krabs warning. Kinda like in Hooky. I mean yeah making faces is often one of the lowest forms of comedy, but I thought the animation designs were actually kinda interesting. My only problems were the sometimes recurring goof of SpongeBob and Patrick being able to breathe in Sandy's tree dome and the ending where Mr. Krabs and Squidward get their faces frozen so fast. While I'm not saying I like this episode, I thought it was probably around a 6/6.5 out of 10 in my opinion. Btw, if Mr. Krabs and Squidward had to get the face freeze, I wish they would have gotten these instead:

MOAR_KRABS_by_Sporemaster.jpg

Skodwarde_1.jpg

Btw, the next episode on the countdown is a pre-movie SpongeBob episode, so I'm pretty sure the comments will be interesting to read.

• Like 3

Gonna go ahead and reveal 49 while I'm at it. I'm gonna try doing two episodes a day, maybe three. Last one for today though since number 50 was two episodes. :P

49. Are You Happy Now?

300px-Areyouhappynow.jpg

35 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#7 Sabre)

wait, thats tied with 50 in points.