• Advertisement

Spin-Off/Lit Reviews!

Blackout

Bikini Top---"Sing"

B

I'm going to be honest here, okay? I didn't feel this episode was worth the wait. =/ It was really good, but I felt the "shocks" of this episode were satisfying enough after the over-month wait. I felt these were what I call "fill-in shocks." They were pretty OMG, but not great enough for me. You also need to resume doing the "Previously on Bikini Top..." because the gaps between episodes gives us more than enough time to forget what happened. However...I did enjoy the tension between Seth and Heather and can't wait to see how that comes. I was also pretty surprised at how Jake kicks Morgan out of the car. I felt the episode then dipped in the vampire part. That part was the weakest part of the episode; it felt rushed. But it did redeem itself with the Molly plot line and then finishing out with a lovely bang with the song "Sing" sung by Anna. Overall, I feel this episode deserves a B, the lowest grade I've given Bikini Top this season. 305752.gif Still a great episode, though. 630566.gif

I'm going to review two spin-offs today, teenj's "The Misadventures of Tom and Lou", and tvguy's "The Krusty Plane".

The Misadventures of Tom and Lou-The Pub Club-D-

Wow, teenj. That episode wasn't bad, it was really bad. The plot was terribly cliche, nothing was funny, nothing was in place, the characters have no personality at all so far, and nothing was resolved properly. Please try to improve this spin-off.

The Krusty Plane-C+

I thought it was decent. I liked it for the most part, but I was disappointed by the short length of the episodes, and the lack of dialogue. Good work, I'll keep reading.

I'm going to review two spin-offs today, teenj's "The Misadventures of Tom and Lou", and tvguy's "The Krusty Plane".

The Misadventures of Tom and Lou-The Pub Club-D-

Wow, teenj. That episode wasn't bad, it was really bad. The plot was terribly cliche, nothing was funny, nothing was in place, the characters have no personality at all so far, and nothing was resolved properly. Please try to improve this spin-off.

The Krusty Plane-C+

I thought it was decent. I liked it for the most part, but I was disappointed by the short length of the episodes, and the lack of text. Good work, I'll keep reading.

The next ep. will focus on the car being fixed

630566.gif .

New Pisces Moon - A

I love how new storylines are rising and new questions are building. Overall, the episodde leaves me wanting more.

Storm Racers - B

I like it! I kinda thought the way the alien just poofed them on the ship and gave them powers was too quick, I wish you would have put in something else for why the alien chose them and not just "your the first ones I met". Overall, I look forward to the next episodes and seeing how this all builds up 630566.gif .

Warning: Harsh review ahead!

Journey of Sebastion: D-

Luke, I got to say I really had hopes for this spin-off when it began. You had just gotten off guest writing for me, and everyone was clamoring for you to be a full-time writer. However, I have to say, you really didn't live up to expectations that much at all. There are many problems so I'll just address them individually:

Format: The one positive in a sea of negative was when you changed from Script format to the current format you use. Although, I can't help but say something still feels missing about this. B-

Plot: When you first showed the community your idea, it sounded like an intriguing idea that could make for a memorable spin-off, at least I thought. However, it has been half-baked to imperfection with mistakes. For example, you don't spend 6 episodes detailing how they make a plan to attack. You spend 6 episodes detailing how they try to use the plan! To me this is very lazy writing, and a misuse of a great idea. F

Characters: The characters here are very bland and unmemorable. This actually bugs me quite a bit, because this was an original complaint of mine FROM THE FIRST EPISODE! I'm very disappointed that in 2-3 seasons, you couldn't fix this problem. F

Episodes: While we're on the subject of seasons, I have to point out one big pain in the ass: 10 episode seasons are way too short. Even LOE had longer seasons (granted only 2 more but still.) Whatever the case, my point remains: make longer seasons that are interconnected! D-

Grammar: This is the biggest thing that bugged me. Seriously, learn to do Quotations Quotes. Your quotes are like this: "We need to think of a plan.", said Cecil. That is not right. It just kills me inside. And I know this isn't the first time that people have collectively brought this up to you, so please fix this! F

Overall Verdict: Luke, I'm afraid I can't sugarcoat my opinions any longer. Some of these mistakes may have been acceptable in the beginning, but now it's hard to tolerate many of them any longer. I'm honestly a bit worried about what direction your going to take MM & BB: Origins on at this point. I'm not trying to be harsh/rude, I'm just giving my opinion.

Luke, I got to say I really had hopes for this spin-off when it began. You had just gotten off guest writing for me, and everyone was clamoring for you to be a full-time writer. However, I have to say, you really didn't live up to expectations that much at all. There are many problems so I'll just address them individually:

Format: The one positive in a sea of negative was when you changed from Script format to the current format you use. Although, I can't help but say something still feels missing about this. B-

Plot: When you first showed the community your idea, it sounded like an intriguing idea that could make for a memorable spin-off, at least I thought. However, it has been half-baked to imperfection with mistakes. For example, you don't spend 6 episodes detailing how they make a plan to attack. You spend 6 episodes detailing how they try to use the plan! To me this is very lazy writing, and a misuse of a great idea. F

Characters: The characters here are very bland and unmemorable. This actually bugs me quite a bit, because this was an original complaint of mine FROM THE FIRST EPISODE! I'm very disappointed that in 2-3 seasons, you couldn't fix this problem. F

Episodes: While we're on the subject of seasons, I have to point out one big pain in the ass: 10 episode seasons are way too short. Even LOE had longer seasons (granted only 2 more but still.) Whatever the case, my point remains: make longer seasons that are interconnected! D-

Grammar: This is the biggest thing that bugged me. Seriously, learn to do Quotations Quotes. Your quotes are like this: "We need to think of a plan.", said Cecil. That is not right. It just kills me inside. And I know this isn't the first time that people have collectively brought this up to you, so please fix this! F

Overall Verdict: Luke, I'm afraid I can't sugarcoat my opinions any longer. Some of these mistakes may have been acceptable in the beginning, but now it's hard to tolerate many of them any longer. I'm honestly a bit worried about what direction your going to take MM & BB: Origins on at this point. I'm not trying to be harsh/rude, I'm just giving my opinion.

Wow I want someone to review BT like this.

[align=center]Bikini Top Review

This is MY opinion, and nothing more.[/align]

Well, 70s, here's an official review and in depth review... 428899.gif

I really liked this spin off when it started off. The dialogue was great, the action was awesome, and it was pretty damn authentic when it came to the actual high school drama. The music selection was phenomenal, and featured non-mainstream music, which you don't usually find in other spin-offs. Maybe what I adored so much about this spin off was how real and fun it was, to read. And then the vampire crap came along... honestly, I hate all the vampire crap. Vampire stuff is now such a cliche, and now that a lot of the show revolves around it, it's made it less fun to read, and not as real. Yeah, it's much more suspenseful and action-packed, but I liked the beginnings of this show SO much more. I wish BT hadn't gone this route. At all.

Format: The format is great, even though I'm not a fan of the current plot. It's extremely detailed and much of the dialogue is real and memorable.

Plot and Character: As I stated before, in my opinion, the concurrent high school drama plot was far superior to the vampire cult. I sort of feel like it's like Twilight, minus the romance, plus the action. I don't like Glinda. At all. I think that her character is dumb, and not developed enough. Bryan was the main character, and I feel that now he's been overshadowed by superior characters, and now he's trying to reclaim his spotlight. Other characters, however, are great and well-developed. Some examples of these are Naomi, Seth, Jackie, Heather, and Anna. I feel these characters are perfect characters, and that they operate much like a normal human would, and they show several shades of emotion. Astenias is just another cliche villain who will end up getting defeated by the (supposed) main character(s) in the end. Am I right? There's nothing that sets him apart, and he's just not original. I know you can be original. Now, that's what I WOULD'VE said before I read the new episode. The new episode was amazing, full of suspense. But.... I HATE. THE. DAMN. VAMPIRES. I'm fine with the suspense and action, but I just have so much damn contempt for the vampires in the story. Every else is so nice, original, and fresh. That was probably the biggest shocker in any spin off I've read, in "Nothing Else Matters." Everything moves so quickly, and it leaves the reader wondering, only given tidbits of info. But I have the vampires. :/

Episodes: Episodes are great. I love Season 1, and Season 2 has been meh IMO.

Grammar: Nothing really needs to be said here.

Overall Verdict: I still have hope, as action and a little bit of drama keep me interested. I'd really like if you went back to BT's roots in Season 3, but I may not be as interested (and may even stop reading) if all of the damn vampires persist. :/ Just my opinion.

Time to join in Fa's ride.

SHOW: Storm Racers: B+

Kind of reminds me of Power Rangers, could be its base idea, but I still like it. Though, I find USMI better than this...but it's just me and my opinion. Even if there were few things that I didn't like, but this is still another successful spin-off from Jjs.

Format: Pretty much, how the spin-off is arrange and everything, it's pretty good. Enough said, really. A

Plot: The plot overall is excellent, but it could use a little bit more, IMO. Anyways, the way the 5 were chosen and stuff, the Universe Key collection, it's all good. B+

Characters: And of course, I seem to be liking the characters so far, the Vandals(especially Argoron) are really good, and Plankton's robots, the leader seemed to be top notch, and Rark seems to be good, especially for the performance in Episode 7, I say. A+

Episodes: For the episodes...I give Episode 1 a B-, it was a tad short, but the introduction was the reason why it is in that shape, Episode 2 is better, and gets a B, Episode 3, the plot was good, but short, gets a C-, Episode 4 is my #1 favorite so far, B+, now for Episode 5, it was good, could use a bit more words, and storyline, B-. Episode 6, the sports episode, was indeed good, and we get to see the robots again, B. Episode 7, I liked Rark's storyline and all, and Laneld's character, I wonder what comes next, B+. Overall, the episodes are mostly B's, and the final tally is a.... B.

Grammar: The grammar, it is valid, understandable, and such, nothing too bad about it. A+

Overall Verdict: In the end, it could use bits of more action, cool storyline, and sometimes the episodes can be a bit more lengthy too.

You are so correct about the lazy writing with short episodes/seasons, that's a highly fatal flaw that even I've noticed. But I have put effort into making the plot more exciting, I have tried to improve the grammar, and from the beginning, I've been trying to make the characters complex. Thank you for the constructive criticism though.

It's that time again! Another wonderful Fa review! This time, I review ACS' Spybob and Spypat.

Spybob and Spypat- D

Once again, I'll individually go over points of discussion of the reviewed spin-off:

Format: While I'm not too much of a fan of the recap format (just care for those lively details) I can live with it. However, I feel that some of your text was bunched too close together, which could make it harder for some to read. C

Concept: This was my biggest gripe of the whole episode. While I'm not too fond of using the concept of an aired SB ep, what pissed me off the most were how some parts (like the entire ending) felt blatantly ripped-off from "Spy Buddies", which in my opinion is lazy writing. F

Episodes: I have a problem with how this is going to continue from here on out. This episode felt more like a homeage to "Spy Buddies" than a spin-off, which makes it harder to continue on with this. Serious flaw much? F

Overall: I'm afraid, that this spin-off has some serious flaws to it that can seriously hamper it down from some unoriginality to the way the text is grouped to how it'll continue. I hope that you take this to heart, and improve. Final grade- D

Note: The opinions made in this review are solely those of Mr. Southparkfa