• Advertisement

Spin-Off/Lit Reviews!

Blackout

I think I am going to review as well. This might be a tad bit harsh, but I have been wanting to state this for a while now.

I am not going to give a grade because I do feel that the work of this spin-off is great (I specifically bolded that portion just to let him know that none of his work isn't anything bad). It's just one gripe that has been bugging me for quite some time.

First off, let me first post the description that is underneath the spin-offs forum.

Spin-offs are a grand tradition that SBC has always had, and always will have. They are the users' chance to express their creativity, and showcase their ideas for events after SpongeBob, or even before SpongeBob. It doesn't even have to be about SpongeBob itself. It can just be under the sea, or feature a minor SpongeBob character. Everyone is encouraged to join in the fun! (Reviews and News are also founds here.)

The spin-off that I want to talk about is Bikini Top. 70s, I seriously do enjoy your spin-off. I don't love it like most people, but I do like it. I have been trying to figure out for quite some time now that there was something holding me back from loving it and I think I finally realized what was wrong. I just don't think spin-off is the right word for it.

Let's apply the description of the spin-offs towards it. I might be wrong, but I think I have only seen one SpongeBob character major or minor mentioned in any of the episodes that I have read (Sandy Cheeks). The concepts towards most of these episodes are so hard to imagine taking place under the sea. I know that I included werewolves into Bikini Bottom High back in the day and I immediately regretted that decision. You know why? Because having werewolves under the sea was way too out there. I have a feeling including vampires under the sea is just as hard to believe.

70s, you have a great work on your hands, but I feel that this work is much more of a lit than a spin-off. I hope that my review doesn't bother you, but I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

This isn't the end of my review series, I plan on doing more full on reviews on a couple more spin-offs. While I may no longer be a writer, I have been getting back into reading. I don't have negative things to say, but I just want to chime in my two cents. Examples of future installments include Down Under, Patrick's Big Break, Storm Racers, Team SpongeBob, just to name a few.

Spin Off Action: The Reboot (Episode 1, for now) - F

Oh, Tvman, you tried so hard...Oh wait, I don't know that, because it surely doesn't show in this spin off. I have so many gripes with this, so, I thought, let's review the first episode.

I...I strongly dislike it. Hate is TOO strong of a word, however. Just...Gah.

-Okay, Jesus being black...The fuck broski? And...its just ridiculous. WHY?

-Sex and rape. Dude, why? It doesn't fit at all with something based off of TDI/A/WT. Just why? This honestly feels like it was written by a 9 year old who just found otu what sex and rape are and that he shouldn't be talking about it. And, I know RRR just shrugs it off, but thats because thats a comedu show. This shouldn't exactly be full fledged comedy. And, just having "Oh, Naomi was getting raped" is un-acceptable.

-RUSTY'S NOT A SPIN OFF CHARACTER

-There's way too much cussing. I know I used to use exess cussing, but dude, there's like 3 cuss words every two seconds. Why? It feels so forced.

-Okay, just a minor one now. You said "Naomi has to deal with all of these vampires" or whatever; Dude, from what I know(I caught myself up), Naomi doesn't even KNOW about the vampires yet.

Oh, and having a real spongebob character showing boob in a spin off...Whatever floats your boat, brah.

• Like 1

SHOW: Spin-Off Action: The Reboot(So far): D

Remember tvguy, this is my honest opinion. Anyways, I was about to review either Down Under or TCA(again), but this caught my eye. So, what do I dislike about the reboot? My review will explain it all.

Format: This is the good part of the spin-off, the dialog is fine and organized, some bits are not in order, but yeah, excellent work for that. A-

Plot: Well, obviously some parts fit in with the original Spin-Off Action, I believe most of them do not. When you said reboot, I guess you weren't kidding, and made the season almost totally different from the others. I have to be honest, the rest of the plot with the contestants, is what I can't remember right now, but I can just say it didn't interest me. And just one more thing, I don't know why Sebastion got booted off, to be honest, but I'd be surprised if it was because he "smelled like shit" or something. D+

Characters: For the characters, it's just really bland. First off, Spongdob is in this spin-off, and he doesn't even exist yet. Second, Gakuto shared his appearance for one episode, and he hasn't been found yet, Well, I shouldn't be surprised that it's just a spin-off, but it's not like I'm trying to ruin the space time continuum of it. Third, why is Rusty in it? He's a fanfic character. Fourth, who the hell is Log? Is he the ninth contestant you forgot to introduce, or is he there for some reason? Fifth...no comment about Jesus. Some other characters feel out of character IMO, Sebastion looking like a wimp after being voted off, as an example. And for Naomi, she's fine, but I felt her character was overdone. So in the end, some characters are out of place, and the selections weren't good enough to me. F

Grammar: You did good on the grammar, really. So yeah...that's it. A+

Overall Verdict: Tvguy, with honestly, the first episode was a tad rushed, and I didn't think it was planned that well. Which is which I recommended Clappy's previous and abruptly ended SOA season.

Spin-Off Action: Reboot- F

It's Spin-Off review time! Here's your host, Mr. Southparkfa! Today I shall be reviewing Tvguy's reboot of the popular Spin-Off Action, a series originally written by Clapmaster. Well, Tvguy you (may) have tried to revamp Clappy's popular spin-off, but I'm afraid you've done a great injustice to an amazing spin-off. Per usual, I'll just go over the problems individually:

Format: Eh, you did a decent enough job making the episode readable, although there are some small mistakes, it's formatted nicely. B+

Plot: Holy damn, you really meant it when you said reboot. I mean, the majority of the show is completely unlike the previous seasons, which isn't a great thing here. The plot just didn't interest me, and I really couldn't follow alot of it anyhow. Oh yeah, the majority of us frown upon rape scenes in spin-offs. In Rusty's Raping Rampage, the raping is acceptable due to being an MA series and a fan-fic, while Spin-Off Action was pretty clean for the most part. D-

Characters: Holy shit, put on your rain cap of critisim, because I've got alot to say about your characterization. You chose very odd characters. Spongedod was a joke spin-off, and Rusty is from a fan-fic, not a spin-off. Not only that, but you didn't characterize them like they were in their original series'. However, I would like to talk now about how black jesus made me feel in this episode. It was probably one of the most offensive things I've ever read in a spin-off. Not only was it offensive to religion, races, and just in general, he wasn't anywhere close to funny. Black Jesus alone makes me not want to read this ever again. F-

Overall: Tvguy, you really have a rushed episode, and it shows. It was unfunny, it was crude, it wasn't anywhere like the original show, and it was just plain unenjoyable. I will have trouble being able to give this reboot another chance, but I sincerely hope you take this critism to heart. F

Skodwarde: A+

Oh my god, this spin-off is the shit! The jokes were creative and to the point, that made me burst with laughter for two days straight! The characters are awesome, especially Skodwarde, he says....well nothing, but he's awesome for saying nothing. What's not to love about the re-arranged plots, more hillarious stuff, and the biggest mystery about Squidward? This spin-off is truly GENIUS! Loved it, five stars, Steel out.

Yeah, this was a dare, but seriously though, I actually love Skodwarde

Spongebob's Atlantis - B+

Why do you guys hate it so much? Seriously,its better than other spin-offs who have declined in quality (hai Down Under). It only has a few grammar errors, so? When 70s makes a spelling error, you guys don't get on him. Your all just scared he is gonna ban you if you guys don't like his shit. Bikini Top isn't even spin-off, literature crap, that has lost its spark (just end the shit 70s). Same goes for Down Under. Spin-offs such as this and Adventures of the underground City deserve more popularity 901662.gif .

Why do you guys hate it so much? Seriously,its better than other spin-offs who have declined in quality (hai Down Under). It only has a few grammar errors, so? When 70s makes a spelling error, you guys don't get on him. Your all just scared he is gonna ban you if you guys don't like his shit. Bikini Top isn't even spin-off, literature crap, that has lost its spark (just end the shit 70s). Same goes for Down Under. Spin-offs such as this and Adventures of the underground City deserve more popularity 901662.gif .

You just got awesome, bro.

I don't know if this is serious or if this was just a dare but I lol'd pretty hard regardless. That was seriously funny.

Um... was that serious? Cause that's not what OMJ dared you to do...
Was not serious at all 428899.gif . I decided to go the extra mile and make it as believable as possible.

Being the bandwagon hopper that I am, I'm going to review tvguy's reboot of Clappy's once ended spin-off, Spin-off Action. Tvguy, I'm sorry, but like the other reviews, this one's going to be kinda harsh. Also, in bandwagon hopping fashion, I'm going to review the pros and cons of your spin-off individually too.

Spin-Off Action: The Reboot: D-

Format: Like a lot of your spin-offs, the format is good, and most of the grammar is decent, unlike the god-awful work I've done with the quotation marks in my spin-off. A

Plot: The plots of the two episodes you've written so far didn't interest me, and they felt rushed too. I am well aware that this is your spin-off now, and you can do whatever you want with it. However, most of the plots and ideas in this spin-off are just absurd. Black Jesus? People's head's exploding from looking at a vagina? I couldn't believe what I was reading. F

Characters: I'm not going to comment about you bringing characters from fanfics and joke spin-offs into the show, because what bugged me a lot more was that a lot of the characters that were brought from other spin-offs were out of character. Naomi was very unlikable, and your portrayal of Sebastion just confused me. I still have no idea why you made him into a wimp who smelled like shit and wept like a crybaby. D-

Dialogue: All I can say is my God, the dialogue in this spin-off is so BAD. I don't have any problems with cursing, but like Ex said, your characters are cursing every two or three seconds. I'm not kidding, their dialogue could be replaced with just, "Fuck fuck fuck shit, sex fuck rape shit fuck." Please give your characters some actual dialogue instead of just making their mouths filthier than the Angry Video Game Nerd's. F

Once again, I'm sorry that I'm saying stuff like this about your show tvguy, but this spin-off is seriously flawed. Please try to improve it, and if anybody needs me, I'll be riding on the good old bandwagon.

SHOW: Total Cartoon Action: D

Pretty much, I've decided to review TCA again, but in this format, and with some more details. A D isn't pretty good. 4EverGreen, I hope you're ready to see what I'm going to review.

Format: To make one thing perfectly clear, I'm not going to nitpick about the whole walls of text. But I'm going to give a little friendly advice. The format you use for this spin-off is confusing to read through. For it to be clearer, make a new paragraph when another character speaks out some dialouge. This is an example:

"Hey Billy, have you seen Human Centipede yet?" Richard said.

"It sounds so scary, but I'm definately going to see it, right after I see Green Lantern," said Billy.

In the end, this is what I'm going to grade your format: D+

Plot: To be honest, I'm not fond with the similar storyline to the original TDA, but I'm still reading this for a reason: the suspense. The suspense is where I want to see who gets the boot and stuff. Another thing that makes the plot predictable is the characters' similar actions. In addition, I feel that you can't give everybody detail, because I believe that's why it's taking you a tad longer to finish an episode. Oh, and to bring up another subject, the jokes aren't funny, but I shouldn't be surprised that I don't laugh much. Like when the contestant had to get half-naked, or Haggis' Beatles reference. In the end, the suspense gets me, like I want to know what you mean by "American Spray Paint" or whatever the next episode will be called. D-

Characters: Now, it's obvious that the characters have similar traits to the original, and there's probably those that are duplicate. I find some of the characters a bit of a problem. First, I'm going to talk about Larry. His dialogue gives a new meaning to predictable. His growing envy, taking revenge on Spongebob, and Sandy is like whatever he keeps talking about. I consider it as...an antagonist with a repetitive conscience. Next is Lil, she's just like 80% Izzy, while the rest of her is plain Lil, just saying. Dog pretty much has the meaning of cruel irony in his new character trait, but I guess that's what happens when you're 16...but I have to admit, his past or whatever is interesting. Next, Craig Mammalton, the angel version of Larry. In Sun Bleached, he was snooty, somewhat braggy, and maybe sensitive with people without tan skin. In TCA, he's pretty much reasonable. Though, the more I read through Craig, the more I would reconsider hating him. Last is Patrick. In the orignal Spongebob, he's supposed to be dumb, but in TCA, he's somewhat smart, and more of a safety freak, but I guess that's what happens when you want a girlfriend. D+

Grammar: There's really nothing much to say about the grammar. It's perfect as it is, but the format would be in the way of it. B+

Overall Verdict: Hopefully 4EverGreen, you'll try better on this, and my grade will be better.

A Spin Off Isle Review

Overall Grade: D

Plot: Okay, so here's my problem with this spin off, and I'm not sure if it's just how you write or what, but it seemed rushed. Not as in the writing way of rushing, but in the way that everything plot-wise felt rushed. Like chronologically. Skodwarde and Spongepool both arrive and instantaneously begin to bicker, and yet just after the "Meanwhile..." it claims the whole camp already knows of the bickering. Unless it was explosive (which you didn't make it out to be), I doubt the camp would know about it within a few second. Also, Skodwarde doesn't really seem to have any motive for starting a fight besides 'hating everybody' which is pretty stupid. :/ UNLESS... it was intended to be a joke. Also, the Mud Man is (at least from the way I took it in) portrayed as a fun, crazy character and yet he's pretty damn serious in his one liner. I just... I dunno. It was fine but the plot was just kinda straight-lining, and no true excitement, just stuff the audience is already savvy to. C+ (I did, however, love the jab at Team Spongebob xD)

Format: I'm not very fond of script format, but I guess because characters usually have a lot to say in this spin off, it doesn't really bother me. A

Character: Some of these characters didn't really seem in character. I really would've liked you to cover ALL of the cast in both tribes instead of lazily splitting it into two parts. I feel like these characters are just kinda acting the same: there are good alliances, bad alliances, heroic alliances, evil alliances, single villains, single heroes, etc. We've all seen it before, and I thought that maybe you'd bring something new to the table instead of creating a carbon-copy of SOA and TDI/Survivor. C

Setting: I REALLY wish you could've described the setting. I didn't seen any description at all. It was mostly dialogue, which I don't really like... I prefer to be absorbed in this little world, not just reading this dialogue and trying to conjure up images when I know it's probably not accurate to the spin off. F

Dialogue: Dialogue was fine. A+

Overall: Yeah, sorry man, but I really didn't like this first part at all. Maybe it was just me specifically, but it's just not my type of spin off. I'll definitely review the second part and review that, but I don't I'll read this spin off to be honest. =/

A Spin Off Isle Review

Overall Grade: D

Plot: Okay, so here's my problem with this spin off, and I'm not sure if it's just how you write or what, but it seemed rushed. Not as in the writing way of rushing, but in the way that everything plot-wise felt rushed. Like chronologically. Skodwarde and Spongepool both arrive and instantaneously begin to bicker, and yet just after the "Meanwhile..." it claims the whole camp already knows of the bickering. Unless it was explosive (which you didn't make it out to be), I doubt the camp would know about it within a few second. Also, Skodwarde doesn't really seem to have any motive for starting a fight besides 'hating everybody' which is pretty stupid. :/ UNLESS... it was intended to be a joke. Also, the Mud Man is (at least from the way I took it in) portrayed as a fun, crazy character and yet he's pretty damn serious in his one liner. I just... I dunno. It was fine but the plot was just kinda straight-lining, and no true excitement, just stuff the audience is already savvy to. C+ (I did, however, love the jab at Team Spongebob xD)

Format: I'm not very fond of script format, but I guess because characters usually have a lot to say in this spin off, it doesn't really bother me. A

Character: Some of these characters didn't really seem in character. I really would've liked you to cover ALL of the cast in both tribes instead of lazily splitting it into two parts. I feel like these characters are just kinda acting the same: there are good alliances, bad alliances, heroic alliances, evil alliances, single villains, single heroes, etc. We've all seen it before, and I thought that maybe you'd bring something new to the table instead of creating a carbon-copy of SOA and TDI/Survivor. C

Setting: I REALLY wish you could've described the setting. I didn't seen any description at all. It was mostly dialogue, which I don't really like... I prefer to be absorbed in this little world, not just reading this dialogue and trying to conjure up images when I know it's probably not accurate to the spin off. F

Dialogue: Dialogue was fine. A+

Overall: Yeah, sorry man, but I really didn't like this first part at all. Maybe it was just me specifically, but it's just not my type of spin off. I'll definitely review the second part and review that, but I don't I'll read this spin off to be honest. =/

jealous much?