• Advertisement

Spin-Off/Lit Reviews!

Blackout

Patrigeist - A++

Amazing episode, and one of the few ones in ANY spin-off where I felt emotional.

Lives of Entrepeneurs - B

I've found this spin-off so far to be simple. While this can be an asset, it can also be its downfall. I think this spin-off could really benefit from some more character development. Other than that, good job so far.

Patrigeist - A++

Amazing episode, and one of the few ones in ANY spin-off where I felt emotional.

Thank you so much for your review (And Teenj) they are very appreciated, and I'm so glad more people are reading them

I barely review, but this has to be said. I am warning that this might be a bit harsh.

Lives of Entrepreneurs - D+

Wumbo's review is absolutely true except I think it was a little bit too light. Sbs1fan, I fear that my earlier review about your spin-off after the first two or three episodes might have been a bit of an understatement. Its way too simple and the character development is terrible. For example, let's go back into sbs1fan spin-off history. Remember the character Johnny from your very first spin-off Sponge-Pat? Ah yes Johnny. I remember using him in past episodes of Spin-off Action. Do you know why Johnny never really made it that far? Its because his character was uninteresting. Sadly, the same character development can be applied to almost every original character you have ever made.

Now for the plots. The plots are way too simple. Oh no, the popcorn chicken is gone! Let's experiment on making new candy! The prices increase.....but then the prices decrease! The store is bombed.....wait a minute, didn't you say this was a more lighthearted spin-off? And yet someone died? How nice. You see this the problem when the premise is so bland to begin with. I mean yes they open a candy store, but there aren't that many ideas with them just opening a store. Look at FOX for example. I can't remember the name of the show, but it was just a couple guys opening an ice cream store. It got cancelled after four or five episodes because they couldn't think of any interesting plots.

The only other thing I can think of is the minor tidbits. Poor attempt at jokes, poor spelling and grammar. Sbs1fan, your response to Wumbo's review that the next couple episodes will be a bit longer. Length is not the only problem that needs to be fixed, so I hope you seriously take my advice to heart and listen to it. I don't want you to get upset over this because I am just giving you constructive criticism. I think you can make LOE better, but you just need to fix the problems stated in this review. We do not need three new episodes in one day because quality is always better than quantity.

Squidward's Childhood- D

Sorry Nathan, I hate being cruel, but the pilot for this spin-off was awful. First of all, nothing was introduced properly. You can't start a scene in a spin-off, not develop it at all, and then cut to another scene. You can't have Squidward "wake up his brother with goo" (which isn't even something Squidward would do), and then immediately cut to another event. That is poor storytelling.

Second, none of the characters are given a proper introduction. All you tell us about Farrah is that she's the smartest kid in class, and Rick could just be omitted from the entire episode, considering how nothing is told about him aside from him being Squidward's brother, and all he did was choke on food.

Last of all, and this is probably my biggest complaint, this episode had too many grammar errors. You can't be lazy, you have to proofread your episodes before you post them. If you want your spin-off to be good, please try harder.

Bikini Top: The Chosen

A+++++++++

I LOVED this episode. It felt like a real TV show. Words can't describe how much I enjoyed this. These characters you created are so easy to imagine and it feels like they're actually in the room with you. The Beatles music was perfect on top of the already perfect episode making it beyond perfect. I feel like the Naomi and Mikayla partnership is pretty awesome, both coming together for support after how they treated Temperance. Sether (Seth+Heather) is AWESOME. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEx10000000 love them!! <3 Never before have a loved two characters or a couple before. They're so perfect for each other! I wish you'd focus an episode on them. =D Plus, the Bryan storyline was amazing! I can't wait to find out how Glinda timed that so perfectly, saving Bryan's life. And what's with this Rainn dude? I seriously CAN NOT wait to find out about where Anna and Molly are heading. New York City and not New Kelp City? :o Holy shit, cliffhanger!

Squidward's Childhood: A+

Breathtaking. Amazing. Emotional. Just a few words you could use to describe this spin-off. It has so much heart. Plus, it's very realistic. If I had a nickel for every time my brother poured goo on me, i'd be a millionaire. But in all truth, this is an amazing spin-off, keep up the good work.

Are you guys really enjoying Nathan's spin-off? The same spin-off where Squidward gets in trouble for lighting a fart on fire? Seriously, this has to be one of the worst spin-offs I have read on SBC.

-It's not funny no matter how hard he tries to make it

-Poor storytelling

-Poor spelling and grammar

-Terrible character development

Final Grade - D-

Are you guys really enjoying Nathan's spin-off? The same spin-off where Squidward gets in trouble for lighting a fart on fire? Seriously, this has to be one of the worst spin-offs I have read on SBC.

-It's not funny no matter how hard he tries to make it

-Poor storytelling

-Poor spelling and grammar

-Terrible character development

Final Grade - D-

Exactly. We're just being sarcastic.