• Advertisement

Clappy's Top 50 Favorite TV Shows of All Time

Clappy

30. Rocko's Modern Life

rockos.jpg

My thoughts: ROCKO'S...MODERN LIFE! I still prefer the first version of theme song to this over the newer one. Anyway, for the few of you that are unaware, half of the crew behind this show soon became a part of the SpongeBob crew (Stephen Hillenberg, Mr. Lawrence) and the Phineas and Ferb crew (Dan Povenmire, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh) and helped launch the voice acting career of one Tom Kenny. I absolutely adored this show and especially its surrealist humor. Unlike Ren and Stimpy, the adult humor wasn't too over my head for me to misunderstand and the jokes had excellent build up. It actually converted my sister into a fan when we use to stay up to watch The 90's Are All That. Either way, while this wasn't in my Top 5 Nicktoons of all time, this is one that to me flies under the radar on the impact it had on Nicktoon history.

29. Tiny Toon Adventures

TinyToonAdventures.jpg

My thoughts: We're tiny! We're toony! We're all a little looney! This was at one point my favorite cartoon show during grade school. In second grade, I even had a Tiny Toon themed birthday party where we watched the Summer Vacation movie, pin the tail on Hampton the Pig, and even had a Buster and Babs cake. Needless to say, I was a major fan. Why isn't this ranked higher you may ask? Well I was ecstatic when I was able to catch the series on syndication when I was in eighth grade. I decide to relive my nostalgia and re-watch the series. It surprisingly wasn't as funny during my middle school years. I don't know why, but it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I still love this series today, but just not as much as when I was in first grade. If I have a chance to catch it again in syndication if it ever returns, I'll happily re-watch.

28. Cow and Chicken

cow-chicken.jpg

My thoughts: One of the things you'll notice on my list is the lack of Cartoon Network shows. I wasn't a regular viewer of their animation line-up growing up, but they did have some great shows whenever I did tune in. Mama had chicken, mama had a cow. Dad was proud, he didn't care how. So we have a chicken and a cow, who are somehow biological siblings to two adults. The premise is bizarre, but somehow it all just worked. The bizarre premises often involved the antagonist The Red Guy, who often came up with punny names that were related to his bare bottom and lack of pants just in order to torture and harm Cow and Chicken. Somehow some of his names were able to pass the FCC like "Captain Butt Pirate" for example. Either way, love this series and I probably should have this higher. Go watch it on Cartoon Planet now! Super Cow Al Rescate!

• Like 2

Sorry for the one week delay, now where was I?

27. How I Met Your Mother

How-I-Met-Your-Mother.jpg

My thoughts: I know some of you are shocked this is not higher. To be honest, I am too. However, the more I think about it, this is fine for now. It's a show I love sure. It's a show that I have on DVD sure. However, this is not a show that I watch on re-runs. This might end up changing since the series is sadly on its' final season and I might catch it on syndication when it's all said and done. But why do I love this show so much? There are lots of reasons, primarily because the main cast just has brilliant chemistry together. There is no denying though that this will go down as one of my favorite comedies of all time and might end up higher up if I ever decide to revisit this list in a few years.

26. Johnny Bravo

johnny_bravo.gif

My thoughts: Definitely my favorite 90s CN show. In an era where most people have Dexter's Lab or Powerpuff Girls as their favorites, I defied that grouping. Don't get me wrong, both shows are good shows, but I wasn't as big a fan of them as everyone else seemed to be. But enough about them. Johnny Bravo was brilliant. I can't think of a single moment where I never grew tired of his character. From his "ladies man" mojo to his hilarious stupidity. One of my favorite dim-witted characters of all time. This series was also a launching pad for two familiar names today in animation, Seth MacFarlane and Butch Hartman, so that too.

25. Arthur

arthur_aardvark.gif

My thoughts: And I said hey, HEY, what a wonderful kind of day. This was my show growing up. I use to religiously watch this every morning before elementary school. I always made sure to catch this and The Magic School Bus before I ran off to the bus stop. I remember it all. From Arthur ripping his pants to thinking their was something between him and Francine to Buster moving away for a failed spin-off and even punching DW. I'm surprised this didn't end up higher, but I feel that the halfway point is a good enough spot for one of my favorite nostalgic pre-K to elementary shows.

24. Rocket Power

Rocket_Power.jpg

My thoughts: Yep another classic 90s nicktoon. Sure people can give this a show a hard time for it's cheesy writing and its fabricated extremity of plot lines, but I think it's because of those two reasons that made me adore this show. It was mindless entertainment for a series that didn't really need to have a set in stone plot for it's series. I mean hell, I still say some of the lines from this show today in real life. Who doesn't remember Tito's ancient Hawaiin expressions? Who doesn't use their lingo like "shoobies" or "squid"? Heck, this series made me try skateboarding for the first time and is still tempting me to try snowboarding. Granted, me skateboarding ended with me falling and landing face first in my ditch, I still look back and laugh. Loved this show to death.

23. The Big Bang Theory

big_bang_theory.jpg

My thoughts: Another one that I think people might overreact to for being too high. I can understand why some people might think that due to it being everywhere these days. With TBS running syndications like crazy to CBS promoting how it is currently the most viewed comedy on television. You know what? I don't care. While I think HIMYM is currently putting out better episodes atm, I am probably a bigger Big Bang Theory fan than that. Why? Because I can attach to it more. I always considered myself a nerd growing up and the fact that I actually get most of their nerd references makes me mark out a bit. Plus, Jim Parsons owns this show as Sheldon Cooper. I think Sheldon is probably one of my favorite sitcom characters of all time. There is never a dull moment with him and he manages to steal the show every time no matter whoever he is paired up with (his best moments come when he is conversing with either Penny or Amy).

• Like 1

22. Looney Tunes

Looney_Tunes.png

My thoughts: Who doesn't like this animated classic? I remember that this, The Flintstones, and Scooby Doo where the three classic animated shows I loved. One of them didn't make the countdown unfortunately because I didn't like it as much as everything else on this list and you'll see who it is soon enough. Granted, I think it is impossible to sit down and watch every single Looney Tunes short ever created, but it feels like I have seen most of them? My favorite shorts? Easily the Road Runner/Wile E Coyote ones. Those always manage to amuse me no matter how expected the outcome is.

21. The Weekenders

The-Weekenders-the-weekenders-51492.jpg

My thoughts: One of Disney's underappreciated animated gems. This series was brilliant. I don't know how this was so short lived. I mean series like Lloyd in Space and Fillmore ran longer, but this didn't? It's just disappointing to me. I love everything about this show. The constant running gags, how much sarcasm the main characters often used (especially Tino), heck I didn't even mind how many episodes focused on Tish and her foreign family. It's hard thinking of words to describe how much I loved this show and I'm surprised that I didn't have this higher. Go watch it on YouTube. Now.

20. Scooby Doo

Classic-Scooby-Doo-pic.gif

My thoughts: Eh not the exact image I was looking for, but I'll take it. I am more of a fan of the classic versions of this franchise, but the newer ones aren't too bad, just not as big a fan of them (sorry jjs). Anyway, classic Scooby Doo I was more of a fan of then Looney Tunes. I even had a Scooby Doo birthday party when I was younger where we would try to solve mysteries around my house that would lead to birthday presents and cake. It was so much fun. I could do without Scrappy Doo, but he wasn't too big of a problem. However, the live action movies can go burn in hell.

• Like 2

I haven't been catching up with this list recently. Shame on me.

The series creator would later go on to make Dave the Barbarian.

Doug Langdale just can't get a break, can he?

OMJ, my thoughts are indifferent about that. :P

19. Kenan and Kel

kenan.jpg

My thoughts: Before there was Drake and Josh, there was Kenan and Kel. I use to enjoy this show when I was a kid, but it was not until The 90s Are All That that I realized how much I enjoyed this show. It took it to a different stratosphere. I mean there was a lot of moments where I would laugh so hard that I almost broke my laugh box. I watched re-runs of this until I lost the channel when we switched over to Dish Network. Make no mistake, but this was probably my favorite Nick live action show without a doubt. Oh and whatever happened to Kel Mitchell? It's a shame we don't hear from him anymore.

18. ESPN Happy Hour

horn.jpg

Media_ShowPTI.png

My thoughts: Technically these are two separate shows, but it's my countdown and I can do what I want. For those of you who are unaware, I enjoy sports. While I don't show my enthusiasm for it as much as other television shows, I do watch ESPN for their programming like Sportscenter, First Take, etc. However, the two shows above me I make sure I don't miss when I get the opportunity. I've been this way since 8th grade. For one hour, they have back to back programs of debate. Around The Horn is where four competitors get scored based off their debating until one is left standing and has 30 seconds of face time where they talk about whatever they want. PTI is just head to head debating goodness that is the more popular program of the two. But ESPN knows they have something special with viewership, so they decided as recently as last year to start calling this block Happy Hour. I can't decide which program I enjoy more, so I clump this block as Happy Hour. Both are significant to me and obviously I love them both.

17. Hey Arnold!

ARNOLD.jpg

My thoughts: Adore this show and out of all the nicktoons I have on my countdown left to go, this is the third best. To the one or two of you who never watched this show, it was about a boy growing up in an area that looks a lot like the Bronx, but it was never officially declared the Bronx. But Arnold was never the reason to tune into this show. It was his supporting characters that always stole the show for me. They were constantly hilarious and had the best lines. I mean Helga was two-faced, but hilarious. Harold was the lamest bully with a heart of gold. Stinky was a country bumpkin who always thought everything bites. I could go on and on about the supporting characters, but let me just post this YouTube clip about my favorite one:

LXUiXoqICzE

Thaddeus "Curly" Gammelthorpe....I love you you crazy S.O.B.

16. The Brady Bunch

brady.jpg

My thoughts: Yes this was about twenty years before my time, but if you never watched repeats of The Brady Bunch, you were missing out. I mean this was the epitome of a short lived family sitcom. Who wouldn't enjoy the antics of the Bradys. However, the show wasn't what got me addicted to the Bradys when I was younger. It was the movie. It was so silly and I loved it then, and still love it today. Then The Bradys appeared on Nick at Nite and that was when I started to watch the show. I still wish I could find re-runs of those Bradys today, but I would have to probably dig deep into TVLand or find it on another station.

Next time, I will go over numbers 15-11. Some hints to what a few of those shows may be?

-A show that launched a future Hollywood mega-star

-A current CN show

-Wumbo would be proud I have it on here

• Like 1