• Advertisement

Clappy's Top 50 Favorite TV Shows of All Time

Clappy

41. The Fairly Oddparents

fairly_oddparents.jpg

My thoughts: I hate to sound like every other fan, but this show isn't what it once was. Once upon a time, I use to dig this series. It was hilarious satire comedy. Then Poof came...and yeah, the series started to revolve around him and a little less about Timmy. When Timmy did appear, he acted much more of a spoiled brat. Still, I remember this series for the five years of laugh it brought me before it came off hiatus with Poof. Now hopefully I don't have to beat the dead drum over and over again.

40. Alvin and the Chipmunks

alvin-and-the-chipmunks-the.jpg

My thoughts: Good god, now I feel old. I remember when this use to air on re-runs on Nickelodeon. It was probably one of the first shows I became involved in on that channel. I use to be the biggest Chipmunk fan. I watched their show, their movies, and jammed out to their music. Now these days, I quiver at what the Chipmunks have become thanks to 20th Century Fox destroying the franchise with uninspired squeakuels and live action movies. It doesn't ruin my childhood memories too badly though.

39. Doug

douglogo.jpg

My thoughts: Love Nickelodeon Doug. Dislike Disney Doug. Nickelodeon Doug was so awkwardly funny looking back at it. I mean Doug's constant day dreams were so bizarre that you had to love them. Not to mention how the character was someone I could relate to growing up. Disney Doug was just so off and his middle school years. They changed so many elements of the show that made it work on Nick and they made it more drama oriented. Just because he is older doesn't mean his life has to be so dramatic during every episode. Irregardless, this show made the list due to my love of Nickelodeon's version of the series.

FOP just fails miserably for me now. I think its last season or so would knock it out of my Top 50 rankings, should I make one.

Eh I'm being a little generous. Before the hiatus, it would probably rank as one of my Top 5 favorite Nicktoons of all time.

Going to do this next one mobily, so bear with me guys. :P

38. That 70's Show

250px-That_%2770s_Show_logo.png

My thoughts: We're all alright. We're all alright. Got to say this is one of the first teen oriented sitcoms that I became addicted to. So many fond memories. It also introduced me to Jackie Burkhart....I mean Mila Kunis <3. The only problem I had was the series ending on kind of a weak note with so many actors leaving the series like Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher. Plus I really wish Kelso and Jackie ended up together. Still, I love this show and especially the theme song which is probably up there in my top themes of all time.

37. The Simpsons

250px-Simpsons_FamilyPicture.png

My thoughts: Another shocker. How dare I have one of the longest reigning television series so low on my top 50. Well, truth be told, I'm not the world's biggest Simpsons fan. Don't get me wrong though, that doesn't mean I don't like the series. Back in its hay day, I enjoyed this show a lot, but when the latter seasons started to decrease in quality, so did my viewership. Still, I have all the respect in the world for Matt Groening and what he has accomplished with The Simpsons. It deserves all the praise it gets.

Yeah I'm only doing two this time, but I'll go back to my rule of three format tomorrow.

36. CatDog

catdog.jpg

My thoughts: One fine day with a woof and a purr this series existed. I was alone in the world with a little CatDog. Seriously, I can't believe this series got cancelled. It was so great. I mean sure there were some moments of the series I didn't like, like Cat's sudden crush on Shriek, Winslow's character getting stale, etc. However, this show was still one of my favorite Nicktoons that ended way too soon.

35. Robot Chicken

robot_chicken_.jpg

My thoughts: I would like to thank Jelly for getting me addicted to this series. At first, my thoughts were who would create an entire series about men playing with dolls? However, I absolutely adore their parodies and black comedy/satire. Who would have thought that Seth Green would be such a funny guy on his own? I sure didn't. Shame that this current season is the last one, but at least the series is quitting while it's ahead.

34. All That

SbpiXNJtskYgFGV.jpg

My thoughts: I absolutely enjoyed the original edition of this series. The reboot was ok until it became the Jamie Lynn Spears show with rehashing old All That skits. However, there is no denying that this was the first live action Nickelodeon original series to have a major impact for the network. I was a fan and always tuned in every Saturday night at 8 to watch teenage comedians and special 90s music guest stars. I wouldn't mind seeing a third edition of this series someday. It would definitely bring back nostalgia moments of my childhood.

Not too big on the Simpsons either, tbh. I like the awkward, badly animated, season 1-2 eps though.

btw, if you dig Robot Chicken, read Twisted Toyfare Theater sometime. Some of the guys who wrote it went onto to make Robot Chicken, and it's hysterical. You haven't lived until you've seen Spiderman reduced to a slacker and Thor as a gay stereotype.

33. Drake & Josh

drake-josh.jpg

My thoughts: When Nick was going through a drought in terms of live action shows, I was about to give up hope until I decided to give this one a second shot. I first watched pilot and didn't find it amusing at all. I thought both guys were doomed to only being remembered for being on The Amanda Show. Then I "just turned around" and next thing you know this show was hilarious. I started tuning in regularly after the junk food/video game bet episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is the annoyance of Megan always winning, but I won't let it overshadow how much I enjoyed this series. Also, kudos to Josh Peck for losing so much weight.

32. Recess

recess.gif

My thoughts: Is it possible that I actually enjoyed the series Recess more than I enjoyed actual recess as a kid? Well, it is to me. The fact this show lasted as long as it did during Disney's Saturday morning line up speaks volumes of its popularity. Hell, even the theatrical movie was just as great. My only complaint is that there were far too many Gus oriented episodes. He was always the most bland of all the characters on the show.

31. Beavis and Butt-head

beavis_and_butthead.jpg

My thoughts: Heh heh heh heh heh heh. Mike Judge's best work hands down (sorry all you KOTH fans). I don't know what made me so in love with this series, but I enjoyed it. Hell, even the reboot didn't miss a step. This is a great example at how to excel at stupid humor. The schemes are so completely out of left field and the satire of the stuff the boys commentate about are perfect. When I look back after this list is over, I think I'm going to have this show far too low, but atm, I think I like everything else higher on this list better...I think. Still, I praise the great Cornholio with tee-pee for his bunghole.

btw, if you dig Robot Chicken, read Twisted Toyfare Theater sometime. Some of the guys who wrote it went onto to make Robot Chicken, and it's hysterical. You haven't lived until you've seen Spiderman reduced to a slacker and Thor as a gay stereotype.

I've been told to check that out constantly, so I might have to do that one of these days.

This is awesome Claps! You should definitley finish this list in honor of me never finishing the one I started in like 2008 or 2009 xP

I didn't know I got you addicted to Robot Chicken ;P And tbh I would have thought you'd put it higher lol. My only complain so far is Friends being so low, for it's probably my favorite live action show of all times, but if you do enjoy the show then it's alright. And I'm with you on The Simpsons, it's a legendary show, yes, but too much of something is not always good.

Looking forward to the rest :)

• Like 2