• Advertisement

Clappy's Top 50 Favorite TV Shows of All Time

Clappy

So I figured what better way to celebrate another milestone then by having a special countdown of my Top 50 tv shows ever. I will be including shows from my past and shows currently airing. This list will include some surprises because you'll be surprised what shows I grew up with. I will include a brief explanation for every show I do and will probably do two or three tv shows per post. This will probably start this weekend.

• Like 2

Well let's start this list off right now. It's Friday and it technically counts as part of the weekend.

50. American Dad

american-dad.jpg

My thoughts: A pretty good show to start off my list. Glad more of you guys are starting to tune in and realize how funny it really is. The only reason I don't have this show higher is due to it not being something I have to tune into every day to watch it. While I have seen most of the episodes, I wouldn't place it that high on my priority list if something better is on. Still, it's newer episodes are better than the other two Seth MacFarlane shows at the moment....and yes, this is number one of two Seth MacFarlane shows on my countdown.

49. Franklin

Franklin.jpg

My thoughts: HEY IT'S FRANKLIN! As you guys are soon going to find out, my childhood consisted of animated shows. Surprisingly, this was the only one I truly adored out of everything on Nick Jr. Blues Clues almost made the cut, but I loved this turtle who could count by twos and tie his shoes more than a blue canine. What I enjoyed most about Franklin is how he grew up with the world around him and it felt like you were growing up along with him. While I may have been eight while this was still airing, I don't care, I loved every minute of this show. Only reason this wasn't higher is due to it not making as big an impact on me as other shows.

48. Ren and Stimpy

ren_and_stimpy.jpg

My thoughts: I think out of everything on this list, this is definitely one that people will complain about for being too low. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Ren and Stimpy. However, it's obscure references were a little too extreme for me when I was a younger viewer of this. It often made me cringe and change the channel. It could have been off this list completely if it weren't for me re-watching this when I became older and started to understand some of the adult humor and enjoy this show for what it was. Obscure and hilarious. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed other shows on here much more than this one....and it will honestly shock some of you which shows I enjoyed more.

Next time I count down more shows (either tonight or tomorrow morning), I will be doing numbers 47-45. All three will be shows that are still currently airing and that is my only teaser. :P

Feel free to insert your thoughts on my countdown whenever you want to btw.

• Like 7

Well I just learned that I'll be at my part time job later tonight, so since I have a lot of shows to get to (and let's face it, I don't want to procrastinate on revealing this list for forever :P), I'm going to expose my next three:

47. Victorious

victorious_cast_2.jpg

My thoughts: Remember how I said some of this list was going to shock you? Well le gasp. I enjoy Victorious. I don't care if I'm 23 and admit to adoring a live action show on current Nickelodeon. I find it amusing. The writing is much better than on it's Nickelodeon counterpart iCarly and I actually really like the acting on this show. Sure there are some people I can do without (here's to you Sinjin....and on occasion Robbie and Beck...sorry Sauce), but the kids are talented and hell even my 55 year old father loves this show. The only thing I have to complain about it is one of the things I mentioned, writing. Yes it is better than it is on iCarly, but that doesn't mean that sometimes I feel like the script can be half-assed.

46. Two and a Half Men

Two_And_A_Half_Men.jpg

My thoughts: Let me make this perfectly clear. This would be so much higher on my list if it wasn't for the past three seasons. The first six seasons of this show was hilarious and it rightfully deserved it's spot as the best current comedy on tv. However, I'm going to go over why this took a deep fall and landed at where it's at. It all started on Season 7 when they introduced a serious love interest for Charlie, Chelsea. Then Season 7 became Two and a Half Men and Some Bitch Who We Are Suppose To Find Likeable. I don't know if it was the actress or the character but she ruined the show because every episode revolved around her and trying to change Charlie. Then we hit Season 8. Chelsea was out of the picture, but so was the writing too. I started to notice that this show started to devolve into horrible humor involving farts, poop, Jake is dumb, Charlie is Charlie Sheen, and Alan is in his underwear doing something stupid. And now we have the current product without Charlie and Ashton Kutcher in his place. The chemistry just isn't clicking and the lazy writing is becoming even more noticeable. That is current Two and a Half Men, but I still adore the first six seasons and still watch repeats when those are on tv.

45. New Girl

new-girl.jpg

My thoughts: Another shocker. Why? Because it has only had one season. However, that one season made me adore this show to death. Yes it is partially because of my crush on Zooey Deschanel, but this is one of the best current comedies on tv. It made that much of an impression on me in only 22 existing episodes. I own every single episode on iTunes and I am ecstatic for the season premiere next week. This could be so much higher on my list if this wasn't so new. Who knows? If I do this list again in another two to three years, I would probably rank it higher up there.

44. The Magic School Bus

Magic-School-Bus.jpg

My Thoughts When Steel made this topic so many weeks go, I was ecstatic. This use to be one of my favorite shows as a little kid. I use to always wish I had a teacher as cool as Ms. Frizzle. To make matters even better, it made learning so much fun. I remember that they use to air this and Bill Nye: The Science Guy as elementary school science lessons. However, I always preferred this series more so. I think this is about the right spot for it.

43. Friends

friends.jpg

My thoughts: Believe it or not, once upon a time, I couldn't stand this show. It was on constantly in my house and everyone in my family was incredibly addicted to it. I guess I would be a late bloomer because I started to watch this on TBS and became addicted eventually myself. It was hilarious, well acted, and I actually adored every single member of the main cast, which is hard for me to do on most shows these days. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I recommend it. Probably one of the best comedies of the 90s to early 00s.

42. Lizzie McGuire

LizzieMcGuire.jpg

My thoughts: Yes, I actually loved this show to death. This, Even Stevens, and Boy Meets World re-runs had me incredibly hooked to Disney Channel during my middle school years. Hilary Duff was probably my first celebrity crush. Heck, I didn't even mind the fact that they gave Lizzie an animated version of herself. I started to show slight disappointment towards the end of the series when Miranda was mysteriously written out of not only the final ten episodes or so, but written out of the movie as well. However, the last two episodes when Lizzie and Gordo finally started to show a romantic interest in one another all but made up for it.