• Advertisement

Clappy's Top 50 Favorite TV Shows of All Time

Clappy

Once again, my page reset on me, so sorry for the shortened explanations behind these rankings.

8. Sesame Street

sesame_street.jpg

My thoughts: My favorite show growing up as a wee lad. My personal favorite on the show was Big Bird followed closely behind by Cookie Monster. The best part about it is how much of an impact the series has had since 1969. I don't know how much longer this series will last (AND YES I AM WELL AWARE OF WHAT MITT ROMNEY PLANS TO DO TO PBS, BUT THIS DISCUSSION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS :P), but I will be a fan of this show forever.

7. Pokemon

wallpaper1_800x600.jpg

My thoughts: Pretty much take what I said about Digimon and apply it here. Except I was a bigger Pokemon anime fan. I stop tuning in regularly during the Hoenn season and drastically started to tune this out as it went further. However, there is no denying the impact the Pokemon anime has had on my life. Heck, I used to fake sick occasionally in elementary school to go home early to watch this. :P

lol for a second there I thought Pokemon was gonna be #1 :P it's a show I liked as a kid and now as an adult it still has a charm to me, even though I haven't watched an episode in years, but now it's like a million Pokemons and it's turning ridiculous, but who can forget the first generation ones... ohh you're gonna make me look up that Pokemon Rap xP

njYB2meovaw

And Sesame Street is awesome, 'nuff said.

6. Survivor

survivor.jpg

My thoughts: Don't really watch this show as much as I use to, but this was the first reality show I got addicted to. For the first twenty seasons, I always tuned in every Thursday (and eventually Wednesday) night and watch people outwit, outplay, and outlast their fellow tribe mates. While it's kinda obvious that they aren't entirely stranded from civilization, medical, etc. I was attached to the people and their personalities. But yeah, I bet none of you knew I was this big of a Survivor fan boy (except terminoob, we use to always have Survivor discussions amongst each other).

5. Rugrats

rugrats.gif

My thoughts: Ah yes, Nick's old cash cows. It's only fitting that my top two favorite Nickelodeon programs were also their most popular animated shows. While I can't say I was really attached to their failed All Grown Up spin-off, those dumb babies managed to grab my attention for all fourteen or so years they were on the air. I really have no clue why I was so obsessed with this series when I was younger. Maybe it was because of how clever the writers were to make such appealing storylines involving babies and toddlers? I'll never fully understand my fandom and maybe that's why I will always love this show. It's a shame I don't have TeenNick anymore because I always made sure to DVR Rugrats whenever it was on their late night program block.

4. SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob.jpg

My thoughts: Do I really need to explain my fandom anymore than I already have? Are you guys disappointed with my ranking of this show? Are you guys more intrigued as to what shows I have above this one? Well I'll let you guys go ahead and sharpen your pitchforks, but I'll let you all know that it's quite obvious that I love the little yellow guy. Heck, I am on a site full of my fellow fans. And to the surprise of all you, I am loving Season 8 from what I've seen so far and I can't wait to catch up with everyone else on this site. This will always be my favorite Nicktoon and I'll have to be hard pressed for Nickelodeon to come up with their next big animated program because I don't think it will ever surpass SpongeBob in terms of popularity and soon to be longevity.

• Like 1

And because I'm almost there....I'm going to do two more.

3. Wrestling (WWE RAW/Smackdown, WCW Nitro/Thunder, TNA Impact Wrestling (kinda))

RAW.jpg

My thoughts: I'm going to go ahead and group all of these in the same category. You guys should know by now that I am a huge wrestling fan. I've grown up watching this stuff since I was a little boy. My dad got me into the stuff and in a way, it's like a male soap opera. All these cheesy storylines, watching grown men and women stage fight each other. It's sports and entertainment = sports entertainment. I can't fully explain my fandom, but if you guys want to know how dedicated of a fan I am, look no further than the wrestling topic. Almost all of it is me and OMJ going back and forth (with ssj recently joining) for about 20-30 pages. I've lost track, but the three promotions I grew up with are the obvious (WWE), the dead promotion (WCW), and the up and coming, but will probably never reach WWE's mass popularity (TNA). Anywho, enough with the talk, let's GIF:

stone-cold-laughing-o.gif

orig-9036521.jpg

1517946_o.gif

2. South Park

south_park.jpg

My thoughts: Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but all of you were wrong. South Park is not my favorite show of all time. Lolz. But I don't blame most of you for probably thinking that. This show has been a guilty pleasure turned into can't miss television for me. Ever since I heard how edgy it was when I was in third grade, I always snuck in viewings. My parents were absolutely against me watching this, until my dad use to sneak in viewings himself. Then my mother knew that we were hooked so she stopped trying to prevent me from watching. Now, I make sure I never miss a single new episode. No series does parodies better than South Park, to me anyway. It's impressive that they can make such good episodes in such a short amount of time. I don't know how they do it. And I am going to stop showing my obvious fan boy praise for this series and let you guys contemplate what my number 1 program is. I'll post it at some point tomorrow, but until then...let the speculation run amongst everyone...although I think a few people obviously know what show is missing from this countdown...

• Like 1

Meh. South Park used to be good, but now it's just meh.

I can't believe you like Pokemon that much though. I thought it was incredibly average (and that's just saying for the Kanto ark...the rest are horrible).

Well I think I've kept y'all waiting long enough. My favorite television show ever?

1. Boy Meets World

Season4gang.jpg

My thoughts: It was a toss up coming up with this list. This and South Park kept flipping spots on my countdown for what was number one, but at the end of the day, it came down to this. Which show do I actually own the complete series on DVD? Boy Meets World. This was the epitome of a show I literally grew up with. I watched Cory Matthews develop from a elementary schooler to a grown man. While I use to watch ocassinally on ABC on Friday nights, it was not until it was on syndication on Disney and ABC Family that I got caught up and watched this series episode to episode, season to season. I have never cried harder at anything on television when it came to Mr. Turner going to the hospital in S4 and also the two part series finale Brave New World. This series should go down as a timeless classic, especially for the teenage sitcom generation. I will always remember this series for being my favorite and I can't wait to get my future kids as hooked on this as I was and I still am.

Well this concludes my countdown. It's been a real treat for me to relive so many shows from my life. Normally I would say that this is the end of the line since the countdown is complete, but I am considering doing a reveal of a couple shows that didn't make the cut. We'll see if this plan comes to fruition in a couple days, but until then, feel free to comment. Or feel free to praise or hate on my list. I'm all ears. :P

• Like 3