• Advertisement

002b. Ripped Pants

ClassicNickelodeon Fan 1

I did enjoyed this episode but not as much as its partner, Bubblestand, which was a little better. It may be a little repetitive with the story, but I thought the ripping pants parts were funny expect when SpongeBob pretended to drown and everyone leave him. I did liked the song near the end. Score of the episode: 10/10 (A)

A wonderful edition to one of the first episodes of SpongeBob. I thought it was smart of SpongeBob to win the crowd by getting laughs. I think this episode kind of reflected on a different side of SpongeBob. What do I mean? Well, for one thing this episode showed of a more jealous side of SpongeBob to try to win back his friend Sandy. This episode really taught us to not fool around a lot because it can go too far. The song was absolutely the icing on this cake.

9.8/10

• Like 1

Maybe it's THIS episode/experience that gave Sandy Cheeks a certain impression in the episode "Pre-Hibernation Week." / Sandy Cheeks: "But Spongebob ALWAYS folds his clothes before he runs around...in the NUDE!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I crack me up! :D Enough said! ;)

This is one of the most overrated SpongeBob episodes in season 1. Sorry but I don't like this episode at all. One of the worst pre-movie episodes in my opinion. It's not a bad episode though. I laughed at a few parts like SpongeBob pretending to be Squidward and some of SpongeBob's ripped pants jokes. I also liked Spandy moments in this episode and the song is great but this episode is kinda boring and repetitive. I really hated when SpongeBob pretended to drown, so he can make another ripped pants joke and make people laugh. What the heck SpongeBob was thinking? It's not funny. Also I didn't find ending funny. I rate this episode 6/10.

I really think SpongeBob went too far in this episode. And we're supposed to feel sorry for him? I did a bit, but it really drove home a point for me- sometimes we ALL go too far, no matter how innocent we may be. However, SpongeBob pretty much learnt his lesson, and his new friends helped him prove that through the power of song.

Pretty weird that such a weird little guy could have so many friends and fans isn't it? :P Of course, I have to say, he does deserve them, but here a little bit less than most times.