• Advertisement

Most Controversial Episode

70s

Gary Takes a Bath - "Don't drop the soap" joke and subliminal messages

Sailor Mouth - SpongeBob and Patrick swearing

Mid-Life Crustacean - panty raid scene and Mr. Krabs' "Any port in the store?" line

Rock-a-bye Bivalve - SpongeBob and Patrick acting like a gay couple and "sponge+starfish = scallop" joke

Ghost Host - too scary for kids

House Fancy - toenail scene

Squid's Visit - too creepy

Squidward in Clarinetland - too too scary for kids

One Coarse Meal - Plankton trying to commit suicide

Krusty Dogs - Characters saying "wiener" word many times in this episode

Are You Happy Now - suicide jokes

Demolition Doofus - Mrs. Puff trying to kill SpongeBob

• Like 2

I'm surprised they were able to get away with the suicide jokes.

I agree; suicide is NEVER funny! :rolleyes: Even Warner Bros. was smart enough to realize that; there used to be a handful of "Looney Tunes" cartoon shorts that featured suicide for comedy effect, and now almost all of the cartoons featuring those scenes have either been edited to cut out the suicide scene, or are not shown at all! :ph34r:

I agree; suicide is NEVER funny! :rolleyes: Even Warner Bros. was smart enough to realize that; there used to be a handful of "Looney Tunes" cartoon shorts that featured suicide for comedy effect, and now almost all of the cartoons featuring those scenes have either been edited to cut out the suicide scene, or are not shown at all! :ph34r:

Well, I understand that suicide is kinda dark, but haven't we been asking for more adult humor for the past 8 years? This is something that little children won't get, and actually, I think the jokes were kinda clever in a way. They did take a big change, because people could have bad experiances with it. But yeah, it's life. Those things could happen with other jokes (Squidward falling in a cliff, of getting hit by a car). You can't please everyone.