• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

Fear is one I'm genuinely disappointed to see drop, the therapy antics were amazing and things were finally looking up for it after last year, hope this doesn't mean anything.

Crime I used to have as an HM but recently it's still good but not as standout to me compared to others so I rather it drop from the list altogether now, it's had a pretty good run.

No Weenies Allowed is the best episode for touching upon SB's wimpiness or cowardice while still giving him enough of an engaging confrontational attitude. Missed mine but glad to see it stay.

My hot take is that Friend or Foe's ending is a shittier version of New Leaf's copout ending as this time it isn't even funny to alleviate the blow, and the Patchy scenes are genuinely the worst of the show. The flashbacks are cool but the other bits of the episode drag it down and it floors me that it made on at all let alone pretty comfortably.

Feral Friends meanders a bit but of all post sequel episodes I'm glad that it's this one to have made it and hopefully be the only representative of the era given what the other favorites are. It was gutsy in ways most episodes aren't and the unique approach to actually doing something with Sandy's more scientific side on top of still having it be an action/thrill episode blends the two parts of her personality that are usually split for the worst into an enjoyable adventure.

Big Pink Loser is a classic for me and while I absolutely don't feel as strongly towards it anymore, it still has a comfortable spot on mine for being one of the first ones I ever enjoyed, and the thrill of competition is something that's pretty relatable so Patrick giving his all and going insane with it works splendidly.

36. "I'm selling twice as many patties and I don't even have to cook them."
4Q9jfiv.png
Krabs à La Mode, 109 points
13 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #4 @kylie✨) (+15)

While this episode managed to make the list in 2015 and 2016, unfortunately it missed the mark by ONE SLOT last year. Thankfully, this year, it gets its revenge and jumps all the way back up to #36. This episode is also notable as having made the most lists out of any other episode that has been revealed so far. It's very much a "lots of people at least mildly enjoy it" episode, perhaps partially thanks to a lot of people treating it as one of the best post-movie episodes (which it is) and having it at least near the bottom of their list. Look, I don't know the rationale behind every single person who put this episode on their list, but what I do know is that it's well-deserved. Even as a kid, I knew this was one of my favorite post-movie episodes (although it sadly didn't make my top 25.) Outside of the clever premise, I'm just a total sucker for "a bunch of characters react to the same environment" episodes, and this one is very much that. Heck, the same thing sorta applies to its sister episode, New Digs, an episode which I really hope gets the love it deserves in this community.

35. "Can you believe some people are afraid to ride roller coasters?"
qkIJzYN.png
Roller Cowards, 110 points
11 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #3 @The Helpful Mexican) (-11)

Hey look, a post-movie double punch! Heck, even better, a season 5 double punch. Unfortunately, this episode went in the opposite direction as Krabs a la Mode, but hey. Roller Cowards debuted at an impressive #28 in 2016, jumped up a little bit in 2018, and here it is, fallen down pretty hard. It stinks a little bit, but at least it's on the list, and we could always use as much post-movie and especially post-s4 as we can get. These episodes deserve just as much spotlight as any other, and while I don't adore this episode or anything, I enjoy it a lot. It's a really cute and really funny episode with SpongeBob and Patrick being super childish, but in a charming way rather than the infuriating way post-movie tends to spin their relationship as.

• Like 6
  • Happy 2

Krabs a La Mode is on my list and it's still one of the best episodes ever. It's such an action packed, energetic and humorous piece with a well written storyline that I love it so much. It's also one of the few eps that Mr. Krabs' greed worked in the favor of the story.

Unfortunately I had to drop Roller Cowards on my list but it's still one of my favorite episodes. It's very relatable, it's very cute and so funny. That ice cream gag is still one of the best post-movie gags ever made and how the story ends is just another gut bustingly funny moment. It deserved to be on the list.

I'll never consider Krabs a la Mode top 50 worthy but it is a nice cozy episode that has some fun elements to it with the ice shenanigans so I can still appreciate it being on here now and then. 

the only thing roller cowards has going for it compared to other episodes is reliability and as someone who doesnt with roller coasters I still like RC as an ep but by no means would I even come close to calling it top 100, it's like a good 7-8/10 but that's it

• Sad 1

Feral Friends - I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard, it's a nice and pretty interesting episode.

Big Pink Loser - One of the best episodes centred around Patrick. Not on my list, but really great nonetheless. Nothing really to say.

Krabs à La Mode - A fun and wacky episode. Don't touch the thermostat. I love it, but it's not on my top list.

Roller Cowards - Same as Krabs à La Mode. Fun and wacky. SpongeBob and Patrick trying to not ride the Fiery Fist O' Pain and hide their fear of being on a roller coaster and being more childish rather than mature. Good episode!

Krabs a la Mode made my list and in hindsight I probably should have placed the episode higher. It's a truly magical experience from start to finish and I love it.

Roller Cowards didn't make my list but it was very close. The episode is funny, super relatable, and an enjoyable watch. Definitely one of my favorites from the post-movie  era.

No Weenies Allowed: An iconic episode, and not without good reason. Every joke hits and hits hard, and there's no wonder why this is one of the most highly revered episodes. 9/10

Friend or Foe: I like this episode, but I don't love it. It's an interesting look into Plankton and Mr. Krabs's relationship, but there's not much more to say. Even then, I will say that the Patchy segments are dumb fun, and the episode proper is not bad. It's just I don't have much else to say about it. 7/10

Feral Friends: Wow, I'm actually kinda surprised a post-sequel episode made the list. Not that I'm complaining though, as this episode is a good example of what post-sequel can pull off. It's a crazy adventure but it works out really well. Not my personal favorite Season 10 episode, but it's in the top 5 of that season. 8/10

Big Pink Loser: This was my top favorite episode as a kid, and not without good reason; it's a good look at Patrick's character and what he'd do to live up to his more successful friend. To this day, it's still one of my favorites for what it does. 10/10

Krabs à la Mode: An enjoyable episode, it takes the oft-used location of the Krusty Krab and experiments with it, keeping it fresh all the way through. While I prefer this episode's sister episode, it's still a good look at what Season 5 could do when it got something down right. 8/10

Roller Cowards: Damn, two Season 5 episodes in a row? Again, not that I'm complaining, especially seeing as how this one is also really good. As someone who's admittedly still wary about rollercoasters. I guess I relate in some ways? But past that, this is definitely one of S5's funniest outings. and it definitely lives up to its praise, even if I don't find it top 50-worthy personally. 8/10

• Sad 1

Krabs à la Mode: Another ep I'm really glad that made it in, what a wonderful surprise from season 5 just like Friend or Foe, plot moves forward very fast and is really funny, I just love it.

Roller Cowards: Lol this comes after Krabs à la Mode in airing order. I like this one, but not as much as FoF and KalM, still think this does deserve the praise though, would put at the end of top 50.

The reason "Feral Friends" made it so high on my list, is because it did something that no other episode of "Spongebob Squarepants" ever did; it turned every single CREATURE living in Bikini Bottom, into a WILD animal! o.o Now, to be sure, in early season one, Spongebob Squarepants himself DID try to live like a wild jellyfish, but that was a conscious decision, and he could choose to stop it at any time that he wanted. Here, nobody in Bikini Bottom HAD a choice, and Sandy managed to use both her scientific skills and her action skills together in a really natural way, and she really helped protect her friends during the episode. Plus, they even managed to tie in the French Narrator INTO the actual plot, and Patchy was utilized pretty well in the episode as well! That's why "Feral Friends" made it high on my list! :cool:Enough said, true believers! ;)

34. "Well, we wanted to make sure Mrs. Puff, the greatest driving teacher in the world, was here to see this."
cTahKJz.png
No Free Rides, 112 points
10 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #2 @Wumbo) (+25)

In 2015, No Free Rides got on the list for the first ever time, fell into HMs for the next two iterations of the list, and in 2019, it leaped back into the top 50, and high. This is an episode I only recently discovered that I completely loved, and one that just missed the cut for my top 10. It's one of the most chaotic pre-movie episodes there is, and it results in one where every single scene lands perfectly to maximize hilarity.

33. "A giant blue-lipped clam ate me millionth dollar!"
L1y2k1d.png
Clams, 117 points
10 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #2 @chio) (+8)

I don't know the extent of meme value that pushed this episode so high, but ever since it appeared on the list in 2016, it has kept on climbing. Personally, it did not make my list, although it was one of many painful cuts. It's a super funny episode and one where, despite the demented behavior of Mr. Krabs, you still sympathize with him. Plus, there's also the fact that the episode's complete YTP makeover probably made people grow more fond of the original episode. Either way, I'm glad it climbed.

• Like 4
  • Happy 4

No Free Rides: I don't know, I always kinda forget this one exists sometimes, I think there are way better Mrs. Puff episodes out there, I don't really enjoy the plot that much nor am big into the jokes, one of the weak season 2 spots for me unfortunately.

Clams: This is my favorite pre-movie episode and I almost put it at #1, I think this is one of the funniest episodes ever made and I think it deserves way more praise, very happy that it made the list but also wish it was higher up.

No Free Rides didn't make my list but it was still so amazing and one of my favorites. Definitely the peak of Boating School episodes and every joke in it hits very hard.

Clams made my list. Mr. Krabs in pre-movie is a walking meme machine and this episode is one of the best examples. Every single joke in it is so successful and I love how Mr. Krabs slowly went from grieving to being mad for a dollar. Idk how much pre-movie parodies movies but this one is a successful parody of Jaws and every character in it has their moment. Definitely well deserved.

No Free Rides didn't make my list but it was still so amazing and one of my favorites. Definitely the peak of Boating School episodes and every joke in it hits very hard.

Clams made my list. Mr. Krabs in pre-movie is a walking meme machine and this episode is one of the best examples. Every single joke in it is so successful and I love how Mr. Krabs slowly went from grieving to being mad for a dollar. Idk how much pre-movie parodies movies but this one is a successful parody of Jaws and every character in it has their moment. Definitely well deserved.