• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

I can't access my message system right now, due to a bug, so I can't provide commentary for any episodes that I wanted to provide them for until further notice, so sorry in advance. And I also don't remember off hand which episodes were on my list or not. But I do love both of these episodes, and as soon as I can access my message system, I will do my best to talk more about the episodes that have appeared. Enough said, for now!

Patty Hype: A good episode. I don't think I'd put this among my top S2 favorites but it's good nonetheless. 8~9/10?

It's a Spongebob Christmas: Ehhh... I don't get the hype for this one personally. It's definitely one of S8's better outings for me, but it's also not that memorable? A few years back I despised this episode without having seen it due to hating the songs after my sister played them to no end, lol. However, I now find this episode good but overrated. 7/10

8 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

I can't access my message system right now, due to a bug, so I can't provide commentary for any episodes that I wanted to provide them for until further notice, so sorry in advance. And I also don't remember off hand which episodes were on my list or not. But I do love both of these episodes, and as soon as I can access my message system, I will do my best to talk more about the episodes that have appeared. Enough said, for now!

There's no commentary on this list anyway

YOU ALL HAD ONE JOB *sob*

Such a shame Plankton's Army deserves ever single love and care it respects. It's the funniest, most character driven and most creative episode ever imo. This is the peak Plankton and you can't tell me otherwise.

One Krabs Trash is great but it's hardly one of my favorites. Nevertheless, I'm glad for making it this year.

Patty Hype is insanely quotable. I'm not sure how much of an influence Pride Patties has had over that, but come on, look at these:

"What is the theme here? Underwater?"

"It's not tainted meat, it's painted meat!"

"I can't see my forehead."

"Sometimes, we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems."

"Uhh... I dunno."

"Look what I got under me kilt!"

There's also some great moments with SpongeBob taking ownership of the Krusty Krab, and Patrick throughout the whole episode, really. I'm glad to see this has made the list after so long.

I wish I remembered It's a SpongeBob Christmas enough to talk about it. Next.

Looks like Plankton's Army is like another Glitters or Waiting that we saw on my list. I'm still glad it's managed to defend its turf though, because this really is a great episode. Plankton's plan here feels like a final culmination of everything he's done, and he's even motivated by his past failures. The hillbilly cousins are all a ton of fun and I love their contrast with their superintelligent cousin. Maybe this episode will get another boost in popularity someday but we'll see.

One Krabs' Trash is the first to make my list. I really can't think of a better opening than him selling literal trash to unsuspecting people, complete with a shitty made-up story for each one. His vain struggles to try and reclaim that hat are some of the funniest moments of the whole show. I enjoy how he starts off simple with "That hat makes you look like a girl." all the way up to robbing a damn grave. The cemetery fight sequence makes for a great ending too. I love the mental picture of Krabs cutting down thousands of skeletons only for it to be for nothing.

• Like 1

Planktons Army : Great episode but there are so many episodes better than this, it doesn’t really deserve top 50 imo. I get it though, its not like missing identity and pranks a lot where its like ???

One Krab’s Trash:  YES THIS FINALLY MADE A BEST LIST THANK FUCKING GOD

This episode gets kinda overlooked sometimes, its hilarious and has an awesome plot and atmosphere. This used to be my favorite episode as a kid, and is still #16 on my list and I keep moving it farther up. It’s an awesome and overlooked episode.

Neither eps made my list, because I don't think quite much of them aside from being fun to watch. Plankton's Army is the one I'd personally prefer between it and One Krab's Trash because I love all the Sheldon gags. Also, Plankton episodes are quite fun in that they manage to find a way for us to try and sympathize with the show's key antagonist and you can with Plankton's Army. 

Plankton's Army: Not one of my favorites but still fun nonetheless, has to still be one of the best Plankton eps to this day.

One Krabs Trash: This made my list high up, amazing episode full of some of the funniest jokes in the entire show, always thought this gets overlooked when people mention their season 3 favorites.

• Like 1

Patty Hype: Never thought much of it but it has some fun chaos and SpongeBob splitting from the KK being executed well was fun

IaSBC:...undeserving by competition, fine in its own right and cozy, but nothing standout besides the animation and Christmas Who is a better christmas episode imo

Army: Sad sad drop but still on given the high threshold and it couldve been worse off so eh. Still glad to see it.

OKT: Owm already said it for me plus its the most quotable for me, I may move it to second as the funniest episode of the show for me but I have more nostalgia for Imitation Krabs. Glad to see it surge hopefully in part to my campaigning for it on discord as I think only I had it last year in the mid 20s so rediscovering it even more has been fun.

Plankton's Army wasn't fantastic but I enjoyed it enough. Didn't make my list though.

One Krabs Trash was fine until the ending. It was a decently funny episode and fit in well with other Season 3 episodes. Then the ending came along and ruined it for me. I found it more of a slap in the face rather than funny.

Plankton's Army - Not one of my all time favourites, but a pleasant episode to say the least. With its whimsical idea of Plankton trying to rule the Krusty Krab and steal the formula with his very extended-extended family and some great gags like Plankton's first name being SHELDON-LKSJNIDFHIDOHDGLMAO-oops, it makes me laugh every time I watch it.

One Krabs Trash - One Krabs Trash is a great episode, but the ending throws me off and makes me think it's unfinished. Some very funny gags - "Am I a pretty girl?" "Oh well, you're beautiful!" *fish looks at him MENACINGLY*. Memorable quotes and idea. And remember, it was his hat SBC, he was number one!

I Had an Accident is one of the best slapstick and random comedies the show has ever provided. Even though it didn't make it to my list, there is no deny that this episode is so much hilarity that deserves to be on the list.

Same with Mid-Life Crustacean, although this is opposite of I Had an Accident whereas this one is more grounded with dialogue humor and it just works. Some of the funniest dialogue I've seen in the show and yeah, It didn't make my list but I still love the hell out of this. 

Accident really blends in with the seasons in a way that doesnt make it stand out despite being enjoyable, so I'd rather it be off.

Mid-Life is great for somehow getting a panty raid in alone on top of Krabs' general desperation such as in the first 3 or so minutes, it dropping is a crime.

I Had An Accident: Definitely one of the stranger SpongeBob episodes in its early years. Can't say the ending of the episode really worked for me, but everything before it is pretty solid.

Mid-Life Crustacean: Like IHAA this didn't make my list either, but this episode definitely does have that edge that would incline me to put it somewhere if I extended my list further than 25.