• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

Fear of a Krabby Patty: Didn't make my list but I still hold this episode in very high regard despite enjoying numbers of season 4 eps more, anyone who says this was the show's downfall is living a lie.

Life of Crime: This is very solid episode with a lot of funny gags, not much else to say other than I sometimes wonder if they did this kind of concept first in season 7 and how dull it would've been.

• Like 1

Fear of a Krabby Patty - The animation in this episode creeped me out as a kid as it was a change from other episodes, but wow, what a great episode nonetheless. Honestly, I really need to rethink my top list, as there are so many great episodes that bounce around and go outside of the box and have wacky slapstick comedy, like this one. K-R-A-B-B-Y-P-A-T-T-Y SAYS I.

Life of Crime - SpongeBob and Patrick's idiocy in this episode makes it so fucking hilarious. There's so many gags. There's so much dumb stuff that happens throughout it. I want a chocolate bar now. 

Fear of a Krabby Patty certainly has historical importance, and deserves to stay in the Top 50 after all these years, but I think it can be a little too loose for its own good at points.

I don’t like Patrick in Life of Crime that much, but it’s still a good episode with plenty of iconic jokes, like SpongeBob seductively licking a chocolate bar.

Fear of a Krabby Patty: I like this ep, and the animation in this episode, in particular, is one of my favorite styles the show's ever used. I wish it used it more; the characters look pretty cute and rounder than normal.

Life of Crime: I didn't watch this ep for the longest of times, but it wasn't much when I did finally watch it. I like it but, I don't know, it's not anything I would outright say I like. I do like the whole SpongeBob-teasing-Patrick-with-a-Chocolate-Bar bit. That's funny to watch.

40. "I demand entrance into your club on the grounds that I am not a weenie!"
vlJC1GU.png
No Weenies Allowed, 105 points
6 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #2 @El Jacko) (-3)

We have now entered the top 40, and with that, we have an episode that was off the list for the second and third versions of the top 50, hopped back in and high at #37 last year, and here it is, still hovering around that general area. What struck me right away about this episode's placement is that it has 105 points despite only having been on 6 lists, which is very impressive. I looked at the stats of how people ranked it, and the lowest it was ranked among the six was #17. The other 5 lists with it all had it firmly in the top 15, and 4 of which put it in the top 10. This is very much an instance of "a select few love this episode to death," and I am by no means complaining. I find it impressive just how funny it is while mostly being dialogue-driven. There are some clear exceptions to the rule, such as the legendary "fight scene" with Patrick near the end, but a lot of great moments in the episode are just the banter that all the characters, one-off or not, have with one another.

39. "I bet if we made a better burger, we'd make a fatter stack of loot."
cgS4gLQ.png
Friend or Foe, 105 points
8 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #4 @Jon Snow) (+13)

Oh my lord, could it be? An actual jump on the list!? Granted, this episode hopped from Honorable Mentions back onto the list, but hey, it counts! Friend or Foe found a spot near the middle of the list for the two-year stretch from 2015 to 2016, but for whatever reason, just completely fell off the list in 2018, having a semi-respectable spot in the HMs. Thankfully, though, while this episode has not reached the peaks it had while it was on the list prior, it managed to redeem itself and land back on the list for the 20-year anniversary edition. One thing I realized when I saw this on the list is that, although post-movie obviously many criticisms against it, one thing that I doubt many would disagree with is that the post-movie crew could write a damn good half-hour special, and Friend or Foe is just one of a multitude of examples. I didn't put it on my list, but I can't deny that it's a very well-written and genuinely touching story on when Krabs and Plankton were best palsie-walsies and the stuff they had to struggle with growing up... at least in this episode, as you know how consistent this show is continuity-wise.

• Like 6

No Weenies Allowed is yet another "not on my list but a fantastic" episode. A lot of jokes hit, story is very enjoyable and this is one of the few cases when I truly relate to SpongeBob. All around a great piece.

Friend or Foe isn't on my list but dear god, it's one of the best specials ever. It did an excellent job at fleshing out Mr. Krabs and Plankton's rivalry. It's a typical "we used to be friends" but this also makes their dynamic more compelling and when you watch pre-movie, it makes more sense. To me, this is what the show can be capable of if it tried harder.

No Weenies Allowed: Not much to say about this one...I like the meme that came from this ep, and the potato salad part, but otherwise it's not an ep that I'd hold in any high regard.

Friend or Foe: Dang, first time an ep on my list is on the Top 50 since IASBC. Again, the fact that it's a special makes it all the better, and it's honestly a sweet little origin story that goes into Plankton and Krabs' friendship, falling out (and ergo subsequent rivalry) and how they made their footing into the fast food industry. The Patchy segments in this episode are also some of my favorites of all the Patchy-featuring specials.

No Weenies Allowed: Top 50 episode, it has so many hilarious jokes throughout it.

Friend or Foe: Also a top 50 episode, but for a different reason. This one has a really great story that shows why Mr Krabs and Plankton hate each other, and its awesome. 

No Weenies Allowed: I'm surprised this isn't higher up in like the top 20 or something, it didn't make my list but it was one of the worthy choices, what a hilarious episode throughout.

Friend or Foe: THIS MADE IT IN YES! I just love the story to this and it's one of those specials I just prefer much more than pre-movie's ones, it is so solid.

Plankton's Army: Love this one, the redneck stereotypes are the best.
One Krabs Trash: The idea behind this episode is pretty well-done and in-character for Mr. Krabs, also really funny.
I Had an Accident: God, I LOOOOOOOOVE this one. It turns probably the simplest and most boring premise into a treasure trove of weird.
Mid-Life Crustacean: Another generally good episode.
The Fry Cook Games: This is one of the only times SpongeBob & Patrick turn against each other for some time, and it works out really well.
Rock-A-Bye Bivalve: Ehhhhhh.... Patrick always bothered me in this episode. It isn't awful, but Patrick does bring the episode down a bit.
Fear of a Krabby Patty: Another classic, this is proof Season 4 does not need to be excluded from the 1-3 lineup of episodes.
Life of Crime: This is an episode I've watched thousands of times since I was little, still love every bit of it.
No Weenies Allowed: Another classic good episode. Nothing much to say.
Friend or Foe: This is one of the biggest surprises of Season 5, and even though it's not as funny as I would've liked it to be, it was very VERY interesting throughout the whole thing.

too lazy to comment on all episodes listed but friend or foe is overrated imo. i'm not a fan of the patchy scenes and the plot and execution were nice but not top tier worthy and it's not even on my top 50. i'd give it a 7/10 or so...

• Sad 1

No Weenies Allowed - The episode has some great gags and memes, but I don't know. It wouldn't be on my top list, but it's a great episode nonetheless. Nothing really to say about it.

Friend or Foe - Odd, this is on here. It's a great plot, but it isn't one of my favourites. Still, I don't really hate any SpongeBob episode, so once again, great episode nonetheless.

No Weenies Allowed: A really great episode that has a lot of hilarious jokes and quotes.

Friend or Foe: A really great special. Not one of my favorites, but a great episode that shows Plankton and Mr. Krabs's past friendship.

Feral Friends is not on my top 25 but people are so right that this episode is definitely one of the best episodes the show has ever had in years. Filled with an epic adventure, good humor, excellent characterization of Sandy and outstanding animation made this quite a ride. Patchy segments were just as good and they didn't stay out of welcome. I'm so happy it made the list.

Big Pink Loser is not on my top 25 as well but it's one of the best episodes featuring Patrick. It explored that he can be more than just a comic relief. His characterization was so on point, he was relatable and very funny. If only the writers would use this characterization of Patrick more instead of relying on braindead Patrick or jerkass Patrick. This episode is just so strong with some of the best character studies on the show ever.

Feral Friends: One of a small handful of post-sequel episodes I've actually had an opportunity to see, and yet it did not make my list, but I do see the appeal of the episode that would incline me to consider it for a future list if I decided to do one next time.

Big Pink Loser: Ah, what a wonderful episode this is. Didn't make my list, but I do absolutely love everything about Patrick in this episode as he tries his damnedest to get some sort of recognition worthy of an award.

Feral Friends: It's.......okay, I really don't think this belongs even close on the best list, the plot may be unique but I don't find myself too invested in this, I don't even remember any funny jokes in it and most of the parts with the French Narrator were honestly annoying.

Big Pink Loser: This is a classic episode, though as time went on I find myself enjoying way more season 2 episodes, but still, it making the list is fine.

Feral Friends: Surprised but happy that a post sequel episode made the list (although I was hoping for Paranoia or Virus). This episde has an awesome premise with making the characters their real life animal forms, and it uses it awesomly too.

Big Pink Loser: This episode is on my top 50. One of Patrick’s best appearances, and is also an hilarious episode.