• Advertisement

Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

Katniss

The latest iteration of the Scooby-Doo franchise, coming soon to Cartoon Network.

So...that teaser didn't impress me that much. Especially Daphne, who I don't remember ever being this dumb before. 

I remember one of my friends showed a bunch of us the designs for this show, and we all thought it looked more like something from a "Mad" parody than the real deal. Anyways, it looks okay I guess, though I've grown sick of Scooby Doo due to how overexposed it's been since forever.

I remember one of my friends showed a bunch of us the designs for this show, and we all thought it looked more like something from a "Mad" parody than the real deal. Anyways, it looks okay I guess, though I've grown sick of Scooby Doo due to how overexposed it's been since forever.

I feel ya on that. I mean, there's only so many ways you can reimagine the characters, you know? I did hear that the series before this one (Mystery Incorporated) was good but they've gotta put the brakes on Scooby at some point.

I feel ya on that. I mean, there's only so many ways you can reimagine the characters, you know? I did hear that the series before this one (Mystery Incorporated) was good but they've gotta put the brakes on Scooby at some point.

I can only imagine everything feeling weird when the brakes actually get applied to Scooby Doo, implying that'll happen....

Oh MAN, Scooby Doo is so HIP in this iteration.

It's GUARANTEED to have all those modern day Teen Titans Go zombie children tune in to see all its FUNKY fresh adventures.

A Daphne PROOFED Mystery Machine? What COOL technological advances will they think of next?

Boomerang is getting INFINITY more viewers with this RADICAL addition. 

Keep it REAL home dogs, this franchise will NEVER get stale.

Enough said, true believers! ;)

Mystery Incorporated was amazing. It's easily my favorite iteration of Scooby Doo. They made it both extremely familiar and extremely unique, and the designs, characterization, and voice acting were all top-notch. Both seasons are on Netflix, and I honestly can't recommend it enough.

This looks like a monstrous step down from that show.

• Like 5

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this looks like a Seth MacFarlane version of Scooby Doo.

Here's the thing.  I know how many renditions we have the Scooby Doo franchise.  But the series is still iconically popular with all of those direct to DVD movies still making plenty of money.  Of course networks are going to still make new series.

I still love the franchise with obviously the first series and A Pup Named Scooby Doo being my personal favorites.  What's New was good as well and I low key really liked Mystery Incorporated.

This on the other hand...looks really bad every time I see a preview for it.  That clip only helped me discover that was Kate Micucci is the new voice of Velma.  That's it.

• Like 2