• Advertisement

Inside Out

terminoob

What doesn't make sense to me is that the emotions are still going to have different emotions, so doesn't that ruin the point of the movie?

They're the emotion personified. If they have separate emotions I assume it'll be because of how Riley feels about that particular emotion (like if she hates being joyful then Joy would probably be sad because the joy emotion isn't coming through).

I do want to see it, yes, but it seems like a movie I want to watch with my grandma during July 4th weekend than at the moment.

Though at the very least, I can say this topic is going much better than whatever the hell this is

God that topic is a mess. People critiquing without seeing the movie, that terrible five minute review that was mainly more about TTG, fights....what a mess.
  • Like 6

I was hesitant at first, but I have to agree this looks like it could be some of the best stuff Pixar's done in ages. I hope the journey to get back between Joy and Sadness is interesting. And man, Amy Poehler and two great Office stars Mindy Kaling and Phyllis Smith cast as the females, that's pretty cool. (And here we have Jurassic World, with yet another big Parks & Rec star debuting on the same weekend.) Though it might be hard not thinking of just Amy/Leslie Knope when hearing Joy, I'll probably get immune to it. 

Predictions:

Spoiler

From a trailer's point of view, I imagine Joy and Sadness not having the best of relationship and then Sadness showing how important it is to have her as an emotion because she goes through some rough things for Riley.

And that volcano in the short before the movie reminds me a lot of the Volvic volcano water bottle commercial. 

This was DEFINITELY one of Pixar's BETTER movies (which technically, is kind of an oxymoron, since MOST of their movies end up being REALLY good, with the noticeable exceptions of "Brave, A Bug's Life," and the HIGHLY over-rated "Wall-E.") :rolleyes: I think maybe the whole emotion personification thing was a LITTLE over-simplified; people have WAY more than JUST five main emotions, but it WAS nice of Pixar to point out that memories CAN have more than one emotion attached to it!

Spoiler

The imaginary friend, Bing Bong, may be Pixar's most tragic character since Lotso the Bear. All Bing Bong wanted to do was to make Riley happy, and in the end, the only way he could do that was by sacrificing himself so that Joy could make it back to headquarters.  

:( Pixar's latest movie does not disappoint; it's a good movie to go to on date night, like I did! B) Enough said! ;)

Edited spoilers into 4EG's post. If you want to spoiler something, then use this format, minus the spaces.

Spoiler

*content* [ /spoiler]

Enough said.

although if you don't know how to use spoiler tags at this point in the game its time to start rethinking your life

This was DEFINITELY one of Pixar's BETTER movies (which technically, is kind of an oxymoron, since MOST of their movies end up being REALLY good, with the noticeable exceptions of "Brave, A Bug's Life," and the HIGHLY over-rated "Wall-E.") :rolleyes: I think maybe the whole emotion personification thing was a LITTLE over-simplified; people have WAY more than JUST five main emotions

I haven't seen the film yet, but I think it's better for them to only focus on five emotions, otherwise things would get overly complicated.

God that topic is a mess. People critiquing without seeing the movie, that terrible five minute review that was mainly more about TTG, fights....what a mess.

Honestly that review was amusing but I agree. That topic was a mess.

Yeah, I COMPLETELY OVERREACTED

I really want to see if I got the time, but I want to watch Jurrasic World too. Damn I don't even watch Mad Max yet. I have lots of good movies to catch up.

Inside Out > Mad Max > Jurassic World if you ask me.