• Advertisement

179. Extreme Spots / Squirrel Record

Jjs Goodman

Episode Ratings  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Extreme Spots Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: This is the greatest episode that ever lived!
    • 4/5 Stars: You sir, have the fanciest-*ring*
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse
    • 2/5 Stars: It makes me wanna hurl!
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!
  2. 2. Squirrel Record Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: SWEET SWEET VICTORY!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Fum!
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse
    • 2/5 Stars: He made me experience high tide!
    • 1/5 Stars: What's that filthy animal doing in me kitchen?!

nickelodeon.pngspongebob-squarepants.png

#179 - Extreme Spots / Squirrel Record

Premieres:

Saturday, July 21st @ 8:00 PM ET/PT

Encores:

July 22nd: 10:00 AM ET/PT, 7:00 PM ET/PT

July 23rd: 5:00 PM ET/PT

Plots:

Extreme Spots: When The Drasticals come to town, their new super fans, SpongeBob and Patrick, try to do whatever it takes to join them, no matter how extreme – or dangerous.

Squirrel Record: Sandy is determined to break a record number of world records, in record time, so SpongeBob joins her for an action-packed weekend of dangerous record setting!

Clips:

http://spongebob.nic...icals-clip.html

http://spongebob.nic...hnny-krill.html

http://spongebob.nic...nster-clip.html

extremespots.jpg

* Whoa, the HD is great.

* Wow, the Sand Mountain? We haven't seen that since I Had An Accident in Season 3, although it was also in the Battle for Bikini Bottom video game.

* That's a big mountain.

* That sure is extreme!

* I love the intros for the crew.

* Who is that creepy yellow guy?

* Oh great, now they are mocking if we don't know if it is Spots or Sports!

* The music reminds me of Pre-Hibernation Week.

* Not extreme! Loved the jump rope scene.

* Whoa, hope Johnny is okay.

* This now reminds me of Krusty Krushers, with the wrestling arena.

* Poor pillow...

* ...and a mattress.

* I had a feeling it was jellyfishing.

* Great episode, I laughed a few times.

Grade: A

squirrelrecord.jpg

* Wow, so I guess Season 9 is going to be in HD the whole way.

* That music sounds very familiar...I believe from Rock Bottom.

* That's a mouthful of a title for a book.

* Wow, great records....if only I could beat them..

* Sandy's tongue is 110 inches

* Lol at how they went to Plankton.

* Poor Sandy...oh my..

* How is SpongeBob breathing in Sandy's treedome right now?

* Hey, aren't those the robots from House Sittin' for Sandy?

* We got to see some of Sandy's cousins.

* That's some long teeth.

* Lol at how Sandy chopped the teeth off.

* Sandy used flamethrower!

* A rubber band ball? I liked the real-life animation on it.

* Sandy used nut shot!

* Poor SpongeBob..

* That sure is a big house of cards.

* Oh Patrick, you idiot.

* World's stinkiest litter box!

* Lol at the robot getting tired.

* Whoa, Sandy is going insane!

* SpongeBob don't wanting to lose Sandy was heartwarming.

* So the book is outdated? Oh well.

* Well, not too bad of an episode.

Finally watched these episodes.

Extreme Spots: Loved the intros for them. I liked the different stunts and how SpongeBob and Patrick added their own stunts to it. The mattress part was hilarious. 4/5

Squirrel Record: Boy it was extreme. I'm glad it didn't turn out as strange as when I first saw the pictures from the episode. Glad to see the robots from House Sittin' For Sandy back. I really believe they teased us on the one part where Sandy passed out from the chum. They almost made it out as if SpongeBob was actually going to give CPR. That reminded me of Bubble Troubles and Patrick's Staycation. Oh, and I liked seeing Sandy's cousins. I'm glad we saw Plankton too. 4/5

• Like 1

Extreme Spots was an ok episode for me. It seemed kinda fast paced throughout. I did like the daredevils and their intros. I especially liked the firey explosion at the end.

Squirrel Records was a good episode. A bit extreme at times, but enjoyable. They really got me at the part where Sandy passed out and SpongeBob was about to "revive her". I guess it's too much to ask. It was cool to see the robots from House Sittin' for Sandy.

Both were decent episodes imo, not the best, but still enjoyable.

Extreme Spots

Good episode. In a way, it felt like a giant montage of stunts. In reality, that's all it really was. The random British fish or whatever was random, and the ending was abrupt and barely an ending at all. However, as a fan of visual humor, the episode was great and delivered on all things I need in a Spongebob episode. Patrick and Spongebob were pretty funny, and Spongebob's boxing outfit was great. The Drasticals were great characters that were interesting. And, the direction from Luke Brookshier and Marc Ceccareli was amazing in this ep was great. The action sequences were awesome. Seeing Sand Mountain was cool, and the HD looked beautiful. The episode was nothing special. But it was good. Nice start to Season 9.

9/10. On a Pre-Movie scale, 8/10. Pretty dang good.

Squirrel Record

Solid ep. The robots from House Sittin' For Sandy were a nice continuity reference. But, again, the episode felt like a montage of gags stretched out into an episode. The opening scene was nice and I liked how it was set at night. The gags were all nice, and I loved the part where Spongebob returns to Sandy's house to find that she's using her robots to help her win the records. Lots of good visual gags, and they were all funny. I loved how Patrick appeared for literally fifteen seconds just to screw up SB and Sandy's stuff, too. tongue.png The hints of Spandy in the ep were....Interesting. Like when it looked like SB was about to preform mouth to mouth resuscitation but just gave her the Krabby Patty instead, and how Sponge cries about how he doesn't want to lose her. Anyway, this was a good episode.

It's cool that we finally got an episode that combines Sandy's Science and Extreme traits as well.

8.5/10. Solid.

• Like 1

Extreme Sports:The beginning scene with the Drasticals was awesome! Lmao when SB and Pat thought the old lady needed help and it turned out she was just as extreme :P . The jump rope scene was funny. Did Patrick say he likes to try on SpongeBob's clothes? Lol at the end with Jellyfish fields! The drasticals are a little too extreme tho xP.

Squirrel Record: Lol, Sandy coming out of the trash like that. Eww at the tongue challenge, but dangit does she have a long tongue! Sandy looked disgusting after eating that chum, but OMG, Spandy was so close to their first "kiss", but SB fed her a krabby patty :/ . Wow at Sandy's teeth. that's a massive card statue! Lol at SpongeBob pretending to be a robot, bet he regrets it :P . Aww SB says "I don't want to lose you!" to Sandy as romantic music plays xPPPP. Big bummer that Sandy did not infact beat any of the records, I would have been more peeved off. Glad SB broke some record out of the ordeal :) .

Grade: A+

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Extreme Spots - 8.5/10

Personally, I thought this one was the better of the two. The Drasticals were pretty cool, and so was their introduction. And the stunts, while being a bit corny, were also fun to watch. The episode was also pretty funny (especially the mattress part). Overall, a pretty solid episode. B+

Squirrel Record - 8.5/10

Another solid episode, even if not as good as the ladder. I loved how they mixed both Sandy's extreme traits and scientific traits. The episode was also pretty funny, even funnier than Extreme Spots. The only flaw here are a few stupid scenes. Overall, yet another solid episode. B+

Finally saw both of these episodes the other day. I thought both were ok. Nothing special about either of them. Johnny Knoxville's guest spot was almost unrecognizable to me on Extreme Spots tbh. Almost forgot it was him. And I really liked the Spandy moment in Squirrel Records. Spandy moments are so rare these days that any moment is a good moment in my eyes.

ES - 6/10

SR - 6.5/10

300px-S09E01A-Extreme-Spots-Titlecard.PN 

"Extweme Spawwwwts" was a decent episode. It had a pretty good plot, but this episode didn't have the most well executed jokes.

300px-S09E01B-Squirrel-Record-Titlecard.

This was a pretty good episode. It resembled "World Records" from Hey Arnold - STRONGLY. It had a great plot, some funny jokes.

Edited by jjsthekid