• Advertisement

179. Extreme Spots / Squirrel Record

Jjs Goodman

Episode Ratings  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Extreme Spots Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: This is the greatest episode that ever lived!
    • 4/5 Stars: You sir, have the fanciest-*ring*
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse
    • 2/5 Stars: It makes me wanna hurl!
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!
  2. 2. Squirrel Record Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: SWEET SWEET VICTORY!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Fum!
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse
    • 2/5 Stars: He made me experience high tide!
    • 1/5 Stars: What's that filthy animal doing in me kitchen?!

Extreme Spots - 8.5/10Personally, I thought this one was the better of the two. The Drasticals were pretty cool, and so was their introduction. And the stunts, while being a bit corny, were also fun to watch. The episode was also pretty funny (especially the mattress part). Overall, a pretty solid episode. B+Squirrel Record - 8.5/10 Another solid episode, even if not as good as the ladder. I loved how they mixed both Sandy's extreme traits and scientific traits. The episode was also pretty funny, even funnier than Extreme Spots. The only flaw here are a few stupid scenes. Overall, yet another solid episode. B+

Two years later...

Extreme Spots is devoid of any meaningful plot, AND it fails to be funny. Main cause for a bad Season 9 episode. Why the season is an "improvement", I will never know. Squirrel Records is okay. At least I can watch it without wanting to die.

Extreme Spots: Eh, this episode was ok, I guess? I don't know how else to describe this episode, and that's not a good sign. I mean, what is there to talk about with this one? The premise is Spongebob and Patrick showing off to a group called the Drasticals, who are, well... just there. They don't have a lot of personality, they're just a group that does extreme sports for... reasons? I don't know what else to say about it; it's just sort of... there. And while I don't think this episode did anything BAD per se, I also don't feel there was much of a need for this episode to exist. There's nothing really funny here and a lot of the dialogue is rather generic. The graphics are pretty nice, seeing as how this episode is the first in the series other than two specials before it to be in HD but that alone doesn't stop an episode from being mediocre.
FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

Squirrel Record: Not much to say here either. The plot of Sandy wanting to break several records was an ok idea, but the somewhat lacklustre execution compiled with some other factors didn't help this episode much for me. There's not much in this episode that I can clearly say I enjoyed, but at the same time I found it ok enough. There's little else to say, as it is relatively one-note, with the twist ending of the book being outdated not surprising at all and... yeah. The writing, as in Extreme Spots, was pretty meh also, factoring into the overall rating of the episode being none other than...
FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

Have I really NOT written for either of these episode segments before?! o.o This seems rather unusual for me, but at least I'm fixing this oversight right now! :hysterical: Both of these episode segments were pretty good and entertaining in their own way. The brand new HD graphics introduced for this episode, certainly helped the visual gags presented in this episode be more vibrant. Johnny Krill was an interesting character, who I hope gets to appear again in another episode segment! :D "Squirrel Record" was the better written episode of the two, in my opinion. Even if the ending was a bit cliche, you have to admit, it was at least interesting seeing Spongebob and Sandy work together to a common goal, of trying to help Sandy break a record! :cool: Sometimes, it's not always about the destination, it's about the journey that it takes to get there. Overall, I'd give "Extreme Spots" an 8 out of 10, and "Squirrel Record" an 8.4 out of 10. Enough said! ;)

Extreme Spots
This was a pretty cool episode. The Drastic Radicals are very cool characters and I love how this is another "SpongeBob & Patrick's childish antics have to collide with actual superstars with legit experience" kind of in the same vein as Sun Bleached. Although it was pretty fascinating what the Radicals could do with SB's everyday activities, the episode could've had a few more jokes. The random Extreme Spots accent fish is pretty funny though.
7.5/10

Squirrel Record
I'm sorry, but this episode didn't do much for me. It doesn't have a ton of problems but it's just soooooo boring. There's really not much else to say for an episode like this.
4.5/10