• Advertisement

Family Guy (Show Discussion)

Ron

One of my personal favorites, but alas lately its been in a slump....here are my seasonal reviews

Season 1 - 9/10 - Too short to make it a 10/10

Season 2 - 10/10 - Would be the shows best season but it has one of my least favorite episodes, If I'm Dyin I'm Lying (such a boring episode)

Season 3 - 10/10 - Best season of the show

Season 4 - 7/10 - Good season, but this is when they started to abuse the cutaway gags and this season was mostly hit or miss like SBLover stated earlier

Season 5 - 8/10 - Better than Season 4 and it produced a lot of good episodes, except for the Texas episode, what a total rip off of To Love and Die in Dixie

Season 6 - 7/10 - Only twelve episodes and another hit or miss season, its only saving grace was Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie which boosts this season from the score of 5 that I would have given it

Season 7 - 4/10 - WORST SEASON EVER! They rehashed so many old jokes and were just flat out lazy with most of their episodes. I will give them this, the last six episodes of the season were miles better than the rest of this season's crapshoot they call episodes. By far the worst episode of the series was in it as well (The Juice is Loose)

Season 8 - 6/10 - An improvement over 7, but this season was the epitome of hit or miss. However, Road to the Multiverse, Big Man on Hippocampus, and Dial Meg for Murder are probably three of the best episodes since Family Guy's cancellation. But for those three great episodes, we get equally as crappy ones like Brian Griffin's House of Payne, Brian and Stewie, and Jerome Is The New Black all of those which are boring or just dumb

Season 9 - Not going to make a grade just yet, but the one hour season premiere was fantastic and is probably in the top 5 of the best episodes post-cancellation. Meanwhile, the Rush Limbaugh episode was meh, but I give the writers props for referencing past episodes which I laughed at and for calling out how big a douche Brian's always changing views on things are

Anyone watch the Christmas special?

I thought it was good, but there were so many parts that I couldn't help think that they were trying to gain shock value and failed with. Examples include: the cannibalistic reindeer, Quagmire's niece having cancer, attacking the family of the house Stewie and Brian visited

Anyone watch the Christmas special?

I thought it was good, but there were so many parts that I couldn't help think that they were trying to gain shock value and failed with. Examples include: the cannibalistic reindeer, Quagmire's niece having cancer, attacking the family of the house Stewie and Brian visited

I actually loved it. xD The best episode in a long, long time.

We watched Da Boom in English class on Tuesday! 125508.gif Our english teacher is amazing. He let us watch Borat the day after. 526874.gif

But back on-topic...

This show is so random that it works. It has gone downhill but some of the new episodes seem to be getting better. American Dad is starting to become better to be honest.

I love the first six seasons. Every season after that is either mediocre or garbage in my eyes though.

Edited by Metal Snake
Yeah...my old post simply was not a reflection of my opinion nowadays. XD