• Advertisement

Family Guy (Show Discussion)

Ron

Family Guy is not overrated anymore because after this show got revived, people started to hate this show now and they want this show to be canceled because they think most of new episodes are terrible, characters of this show changed, the characters became unlikeable (I'm looking at you, Brian) and the wrtiers uses stupid music videos like Conway Twitty.

I've seen new Family Guy being bashed a ton, but it still doesn't change the fact that there are still millions out there who enjoy this show, and don't give a crap about era or season.

I've seen new Family Guy being bashed a ton, but it still doesn't change the fact that there are still millions out there who enjoy this show, and don't give a crap about era or season.

Haha, i'd fall into that category. Family Guy is perfectly trashy, low-brow entertainment, and always has been in my eyes. Sure, it's not as good as South Park, but still. I'll never get the hate.

I will concur with the popular opinion that the serious episodes are cringeworthy as fuck, though.

• Like 1

Haha, i'd fall into that category. Family Guy is perfectly trashy, low-brow entertainment, and always has been in my eyes. Sure, it's not as good as South Park, but still. I'll never get the hate.

I will concur with the popular opinion that the serious episodes are cringeworthy as fuck, though.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I actually used to like Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q. Ugh.

Oh yeah, and the episodes where they try to bring politics or religion into the mix of things...GET. ME. OUT OF HERE.

R.I.P. Brian Griffin (1999-2013)

What do you think of "Life of Brian" episode (the most underrated Family Guy episode)? I think I'm one of the few people who liked this episode. Yes, I loved it. In fact, this is my favorite episode of this season so far. It was funny and It was very emotional. Vinny is not bad in my opinion. I hope people will give him a chance. Even though I will miss Brian, I'm glad he is the one who died in this season because I hate Brian a lot but I'll miss Stewie/Brian episodes too, I love these episodes. 10/10

By the way, many people started to quit watching Family Guy because Biran died. Yup, I was expecting that. Brian is so overrated. I don't know why everyone hated this episode and not Kenny Dies episode of South Park. I know they brought back Kenny in season 6 finale but I don't see any haters of "Kenny Dies" episode.

R.I.P. Brian Griffin (1999-2013)

What do you think of "Life of Brian" episode (the most underrated Family Guy episode)? I think I'm one of the few people who liked this episode. Yes, I loved it. In fact, this is my favorite episode of this season so far. It was funny and It was very emotional. Vinny is not bad in my opinion. I hope people will give him a chance. Even though I will miss Brian, I'm glad he is the one who died in this season because I hate Brian a lot but I'll miss Stewie/Brian episodes too, I love these episodes. 10/10

By the way, many people started to quit watching Family Guy because Biran died. Yup, I was expecting that. Brian is so overrated. I don't know why everyone hated this episode and not Kenny Dies episode of South Park. I know they brought back Kenny in season 6 finale but I don't see any haters of "Kenny Dies" episode.

Because Kenny dying and Brian dying are two completely different things. Brian had a personality, was arguably the most popular character, and has been around a lot longer. This is what, season 9? 10? Kenny died in season 4, after having it being a running gag in virtually every episode; not to mention he was the least popular main character at the time (probably because all he did was die). He didn't contribute much at all to the show until his resurrection, whereas Brian hasn't had many off-days the entire time Family Guy has been on the air.

That said, this is the same thing as when DC Comics killed off Superman (and now The Simpsons have to follow-up and it'll be the same thing). It's not a smart decision, it's not a decision that needed to ever be made; it just happened because it was getting stale and people needed something to talk about. And, like Superman, Brian's death won't be permanent, because that'd be ridiculous (though I'd have to give Seth props if he managed to keep Brian dead for the rest of the show).

• Like 3

Because Kenny dying and Brian dying are two completely different things. Brian had a personality, was arguably the most popular character, and has been around a lot longer. This is what, season 9? 10? Kenny died in season 4, after having it being a running gag in virtually every episode; not to mention he was the least popular main character at the time (probably because all he did was die). He didn't contribute much at all to the show until his resurrection, whereas Brian hasn't had many off-days the entire time Family Guy has been on the air.

That said, this is the same thing as when DC Comics killed off Superman (and now The Simpsons have to follow-up and it'll be the same thing). It's not a smart decision, it's not a decision that needed to ever be made; it just happened because it was getting stale and people needed something to talk about. And, like Superman, Brian's death won't be permanent, because that'd be ridiculous (though I'd have to give Seth props if he managed to keep Brian dead for the rest of the show).

Nice, but actually, it was season 5.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I actually used to like Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q. Ugh.

Oh yeah, and the episodes where they try to bring politics or religion into the mix of things...GET. ME. OUT OF HERE.

Y'know, I actually saw this ep recently, and I thought it was moderately well-done, considering what they were trying to do (work serious domestic abuse drama into a gag comedy). Everyone else doesn't seem to agree, though.

As for Brian dying...yeah, I can't see them keeping him dead. His character's too important to the show. I'd imagine they were just trying to stir shit up.

What do you think of yesterday's episode, Christmas Guy?

Spoiler

First of all, they brought back Brian. Continue watching Family Guy NOW!!!

Okay, To be honest, I LOVE THIS EPISODE A LOT. BEST EPISODE OF THIS SEASON SO FAR. It doesn't just has a creative storyline and funny moments, It had also a heartwarming moment between Vinny and Stewie and future Stewie and Brian. Even though I don't like Brian anymore I'm glad they brought back Brian because people can continue watching Family Guy and stop talking abotu how bad Family Guy become after Brian died and I really want to see more Stewie/Brian episodes. I hope Brian can improve and act like his old self in future episodes because It will be pointless to bring back brian for me, If he acts like a jerk in future episodes. I'm gonna miss Vinny a lot. That wasn't a bad character IMO. I hope they will bring back him in a future episode and I really want to see Brian and Vinny metting. I'm glad they weren't too many cutaways in this episode but one of them was too long but I can let it slide. There were some funny parts in this episode but the funniest one was the eggnog joke. I gave this episode 10/10. It still can't beat the first Christmas episode in this show but It's still way better than Road to North Pole and the last year's Christmas special.