• Advertisement

080b. The Gift of Gum

Clappy

Do you like this episode?

I use to absolutely hate it, but my hatred has lightened up a bit towards it. Still don't like this episode. Dumb plot, poor jokes, Gummy being a giant ball of WTF.

2/10

The episode itself was awesome and fun to watch, but the plot was SO DISGUSTING AND SICKENING. Seriously, there's a bunch of garbage inside of it like moldy pizza crust, panana peels, candy wrappers, and...must I go on? And then what's even MORE DISGUSTING is that Patrick eats it all up so that he could get rid of it for Spongebob, but then explodes after getting too fat from it and all the gum splatters all over everyone. The giant gumball itself was disgusting, but the fact that Patrick ate it all up like Gary would and then it all exploded from him and landed on everyone else is worse the giant gumball itself. As if the giant gumball itself wasn't enough to make you puke. I didn't really puke, but the image of it all might make some people feel like they are going to. Other than the concept though, the episode was enjoyable. I know it sounds weird, but it makes sense if you think about it.

Meh, the whole premise of it just seemed far out there and it felt like the writers just hastily slapped it together for the sake of pairing something up with Best Day Ever, which was pretty solid to me. The only part I really found amusing was the fact that a whole small community of people were trapped in the gum ball, itself. The moral of the story pretty much explains itself here, another somewhat redeeming quality about this segment in that there actually is a moral here. I've seen episodes from other series that were similar to this one that were better executed, is where I'll end this at.

Overall, 5/10