• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

Little Shop of Horrors

But I feel like such a dork right now. I'm not talking about the 1986 musical version of the movie, I watched the original black & white film when I was anticipating to watch the former on VHS, and I didn't know there two different movies until right now.

Throughout the last week, I've seen John Wick 2 (again), the first 30 minutes of 50 Shades Darker before sneaking into A Dog's Purpose, The Lego Batman Movie, Fist Fight and The Great Wall. I wasn't named the top crown club member of 2016 for my local regal theater fer nothin.

Back from watching Logan. It beats X2 as being my new favorite X-Men movie of all time! Not only that, but it's the best modern Marvel film since the big parade of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy! Unless you bring up Ant-Man, Deadpool, or X-Men: Apocalypse, some of the Marvel movies made between GOTG and Logan were either overly-hyped and didn't click with me, or they left a lot to be desired, and don't get me started on Fant4stic. Back to Logan, it manages to bring so much emotion with the final adventure of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, giving viewers a great mix between action, cast, and story. Not only does Logan end Wolverine's adventures perfectly in the way stand alone character trilogies don't accomplish well enough (The Dark Knight Rises was the only film to have done this before Logan existed), not only does Logan manage to hack and slash the black and sometimes very very dark gray out of The Lego Batman Movie, but it also shows how much the Wolverine trilogy has improved since 2009. Sure, we won't get a crossover with Deadpool, but who needs one when we got future plans like more adventures for X-23 and later on, the X-Force! It's sad for me that we will have to say goodbye to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier, but 17 years of playing these two Marvel icons prove that even Robert Downey Jr and his numerous merchandise tie-ins are no match for the stars of Logan.

Overall, a perfect 10 out of 10!

• Like 3

Over the course of the last two weeks me and an bunch of my friends watched The Departed, Shutter Island, Wolf of Wall Street, Edge of Tomorrow, Django, Hateful 8, Inglorious Basterds, and it was the first time I saw the Departed and Shutter Island, and they both were really good.