• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

I saw GOTG vol 2, not as good as the first one but definitely the best sequel for the mcu since winter soldier.

@Quantum Surge

I gotta agree with some of the points you made. Now i will admit there are some mcu movies I like such as iron man 2 or hulk but you made a pretty solid comment on the fatigue and lack of variety of the mcu. And @Clappy he did bring up the other film universes you mentioned and stated his thoughts so I think you saying them is a bit redundant (other than HB, Zilla/Kong, and The Mummy, which i think is cancelled).

• Like 1

@Daytona Fan Thanks for the like! Yeah, I still like the MCU; the new movies aren't going to stop me from liking them, I'm just not interested in the upcoming sequels (except for Black Panther and Infinity War). I'll still watch Iron Man, Avengers, and Guardians and rejoice them with oohs, ahhs, and lols, but I want to give love to other franchises that I like; besides, with GOTG Vol. 2 being the only MCU film I want to watch this year, the next few months in this summer got stuff I'm up for (Wonder Woman, Transformers 5, and even Cars 3 have my attention!)

26 minutes ago, Quantum Surge said:

@Daytona Fan Thanks for the like! Yeah, I still like the MCU; the new moviesharen't going to stop me from liking them, I'm just not interested in the upcoming sequels (except for Black Panther and Infinity War). I'll still watch Iron Man, Avengers, and Guardians and rejoice them with oohs, ahhs, and lols, but I want to give love to other franchises that I like; besides, with GOTG Vol. 2 being the only MCU film I want to watch this year, the next few months in this summer got stuff I'm up for (Wonder Woman, Transformers 5, and even Cars 3 have my attention!)

thor: ragnarok looks fucking sweet man. I think it has potental to be a great Thor movie and wat I'm hearing from the director gives me hope. I also think Spider-Man: Homecoming looks cool but Ik you aren't fan of Tom Holland. Then again I'm a huge Marvel fan, so I do get excited a lot for those movies, even though I get it has some sort of formula behind it. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show is their best work to me rn, besides Captain Americe sequels, Avengers 1 and GOTG 1.

19 minutes ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

thor: ragnarok looks fucking sweet man. I think it has potental to be a great Thor movie and wat I'm hearing from the director gives me hope. I also think Spider-Man: Homecoming looks cool but Ik you aren't fan of Tom Holland. Then again I'm a huge Marvel fan, so I do get excited a lot for those movies, even though I get it has some sort of formula behind it. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show is their best work to me rn, besides Captain Americe sequels, Avengers 1 and GOTG 1.

Beyond the return of the Hulk, Thor, and Loki, I can't get too excited for Ragnarok (especially with the trailer's song feeling out of place), but I smiled when Thor was happy to see his homeboy Bruce Banner. It's mainly the previous Thor films that make me uninterested, but if it's an improvement over The Dark World, then count me in. Also, Cap called, he said language!

Homecoming feels like Disney trying to out-do Deadpool and going through the bigger and better schtick that while nice looking comes at the price of not having substance. I mean, Holland's not bad, but his inclusion in Civil War stook out like a sore thumb and felt more like decoration to me than an actual character; he would have been better off introduced much later in the MCU or have a different Spidey be in that universe (my choice being Miguel O'Hara).

And I don't think you understand this, but I too am a huge fan of Marvel since the first Spider-Man movie was released, but I like the stuff that was released previously like Raimi's trilogy, X-Men, the 90s animated series for both franchises, and some of the pre-Phase 3 movies.

And not to sound rude, but can I not have more quotes? We should let others share what they watched instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quantum Surge said:

Beyond the return of the Hulk, Thor, and Loki, I can't get too excited for Ragnarok (especially with the trailer's song feeling out of place), but I smiled when Thor was happy to see his homeboy Bruce Banner. It's mainly the previous Thor films that make me uninterested, but if it's an improvement over The Dark World, then count me in. Also, Cap called, he said language!

Homecoming feels like Disney trying to out-do Deadpool and going through the bigger and better schtick that while nice looking comes at the price of not having substance. I mean, Holland's not bad, but his inclusion in Civil War stook out like a sore thumb and felt more like decoration to me than an actual character; he would have been better off introduced much later in the MCU or have a different Spidey be in that universe (my choice being Miguel O'Hara).

And I don't think you understand this, but I too am a huge fan of Marvel since the first Spider-Man movie was released, but I like the stuff that was released previously like Raimi's trilogy, X-Men, the 90s animated series for both franchises, and some of the pre-Phase 3 movies.

And not to sound rude, but can I not have more quotes? We should let others share what they watched instead.

Yeah I can see why people would get tired of MCU stuff.

idk Homecoming feels like the closest adaptation Spidey for me and Tom Holland left an impression on me as Spidey in Civil War.

quippy Spidey and nerdy Peter at the same time. Although I do love Toby, he wasn't really quippy in the movies. So I'm excited.

I have to agree that it's getting off-topic but discussing more than just telling movies we watched is fun to me.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:38 AM, Old Man Jenkins said:

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

wasn't impressed

This.  Guy Ritchie movies are quickly becoming all style and no substance.

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the live-action Transformers series, I've rewatched the first movie: Transformers!

This movie is a great reimagination of the franchise, from the robot designs being less toyish while still being distinguishable enough between characters, to the premise different enough to stand out compared to different stories made previously. Compared to most of its competitors in 2007, what I feel is succeeds in is imagination, something that you don't really get with movies nowadays (especially when it comes to some of the more recent TF franchises where there's either an obligatry G1 reference or some figures are just the 80s toys with seperate legs).

The cast is pretty solid; Sam and Mikeala were pretty bearable, the soldiers (Lennox and Epps, especially) were cool, Simmons was a little too Carrey-esque, and the parents were pretty annoying, but the Transformers themselves were awesome! Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout kicked tailpipe, and the only problems I had were that Barricade didn't appear, Jazz died at the end, and Bumblebee didn't regain his voice in the sequels, but everyone did a phemomenal job!

The special effects, even if some say are redundant as it was made long after Jaws and Jurassic Park, are still phenomenal, as the Transformers look, act, and sound real, and even if the designs from AOE-onwards change radically, they still have that element of phenomenal CGI (and it's also something that works well with Iron Man and Pacific Rim). The action is definitely ginormous, but it's not video game indecipherable that many tryhard Michael Bay haters make it out to be. It's explosive, but at the same time appropriate for a movie about heroic Autobots versus evil Decepticons!

Transformers gets a solid 10 out of 10! It's a great balance between being action packed and emotionally driven, something I feel the sequels (except DOTM) fail at recapturing. I remember someone said he calls the series a "guilty pleasure", yet that fits something like Armada better in my opinion. Either way, this movie saved the Transformers franchise, turning it from an 80s toy commercial into a worldwide phenomenon!

• Like 1

Alien: Covenant

Felt the same way I did after rewatching Prometheus, which is pretty okay.  Although it still suffers from the same mediocre writing that Prometheus suffered from except a different level of mediocre.  Where Prometheus suffered from leaving so many open ended questions, Covenant just feels repetitive.  It left me wishing it tried to take more risks instead of me just sitting there predicting who was going to get offed next.  I was hoping for more than what I got, but it was an alright movie.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Clappy said:

Alien: Covenant

Felt the same way I did after rewatching Prometheus, which is pretty okay.  Although it still suffers from the same mediocre writing that Prometheus suffered from except a different level of mediocre.  Where Prometheus suffered from leaving so many open ended questions, Covenant just feels repetitive.  It left me wishing it tried to take more risks instead of me just sitting there predicting who was going to get offed next.  I was hoping for more than what I got, but it was an alright movie.

The very same