• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

I didn't want to watch it, but I had to take my nephews to watch Spider-Man: Homecoming. In all honesty, I take back every criticism I had with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (I still don't like it, but I prefer that movie over this new installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe).

There was not one thing I laughed at (except for how Disney almost looked like they're capitalizing on the success of Deadpool), no jokes, one liners, or witty dialogue made me enjoy the movie. Most online bloggers on YouTube kept saying that it's fun (that is actually the new F-bomb), but I haven't had any fun with it at all. They made Peter Parker into Curious George (I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT HE'S LIKE THAT IN THE COMICS; EARTH-616 SPIDEY AND ULTIMATE SPIDEY WERE A LOT MORE MATURE), and he also got a lot more toyetic (honestly the most toyetic movie since Batman & Robin); I mean seriously, they got rid of his Spider-Sense, but they gave him a bunch of tech that he doesn't even need?! Why?!

I'm glad that the movie is almost not an Iron Man 4, and Michael Keaton was alright (sad that he was reduced to green screen fodder), but Tony and Adrian were added just so they can prove to everyone that this movie is special just because it's part of the MCU (like I care). Oh, and apparently, there's this ever fabulous rumor that Peter was actually in Iron Man 2; again, why should I care?

A lot of fans like Tom Holland a lot, but I could easily care less about him. Like I said, he's kind of like Curious George, but he's not even like a normal teen. He's almost perfect compared to most of the other kids (this is NOT a John Hughes inspired movie), and given how he performs at times, it should be said thar with millenial minds comes no responsibility. If I didn't care for his five minute screentime in Civil War (which the Russos claimed he'd be torn on both sides lolololol no), why should I care for him in this movie? The costume even has issues. Fans drool over how it's "comic accurate", but it looks like an Iron Man suit printed on spandex, it looks more CG compared to the previous costumes, and it's jarring next to the more believable costumes of Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Panther. Plus, what's wrong with the other live action costumes? Are they not like the Amazing Fantasy #15 appearance? I don't want extreme comic accuracy; I just want a Spider-Man suit that looks like what Spider-Man would usually look like while having a believable suit, which are what make the 2002/2004, 2007, 2012, and 2014 Spider-suits superior to this MCU children's costume. The eyes are what definitely bother me; they make sense for Deadpool, but this is a live action movie that Kevin Feige claims we have to take seriously (they're fine on cartoons, but these are lenses that are glued on a mask we're talking about, not Batman's blank eyes).

I can't recommend Spider-Man Homecoming (or as my friends call it, Spider-Bland: Drone-Humming). It's less of a Spider-Man movie and more of a filler MCU film; as a Spider-Man fan who grew up with the old movies, the 90s animated series, The Spectacular Spider-Man, the old ToyBiz figures, and even the Ultimate comics, I wish this movie didn't just use its brand recognition as its selling point (and I don't want anyone to quote me just because I don't like this movie). Hopefully third time's a charm with Thor: Ragnarok coming in a few months.

At least I didn't watch Disposable Meme 3.

Edited by Quantum Surge

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Damn good movie.  I still think Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 are still the best Spider-Man movies.  Both would make my top ten best superhero movies of all time and are pretty damn near impossible to surpass.  That being said, this was still a real fun time and the best Spider-Man movie since 2004.

War for the Planet of the Apes, by far the best POTA movie ever made. Matt Reeves definitely shows how well made summer blockbusters can be. From the seamless visuals to the change of character development Caesar has throughout, this movie represents that responsibility as a leader is something large to behold, and it even represents how this planet must be given care at all costs tp prevent a catastrophe like this from ever occurring.

20th Cemtury Fox has really done a great job with most of its movies lately. Hidden Figures, Logan, and War for the Planet are huge slam dunks that prove they can win audiences very well with cinematography, story, and character, something I haven't seen in some big name movies lately. Overall, WFTPOTA (bad acronym I know) gets a flawless 10 out of 10!