• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

I saw two great retro movies on TV for the first time, recently! The original 1953 version of the movie "House of Wax" starring the late, great Vincent Price, one of the first legitimately creepy AND scary movies, and Alfred Hitchcock's 1959 masterpiece "North by Northwest," watch out for low flying airplanes! :hysterical:

• Like 1

A couple of the Japanese Super Mario Bros OVA films. For their time, they're decent movies representing more fleshed out versions of the characters, but I kinda prefer the American cartoons no matter how goofy they are. Alsotwo of the films were based on fairy tails while one of them had Luigi either wearing the opposite of Mario's clothes on the promo images (no green yet) or he had a blue cap, a yellow shirt, and the blue overalls. I'll stick with my Charles Martinet voiced mean green machine. (Julien Barkadoff and high pitched Mario sounds are not acceptable!)

On TV, I saw the made-for-TV movie of "Descendants 2." I thought it was even BETTER than the FIRST one! :D

And if the ending is any indication, it looks like we're going to get at least one MORE "Descendants" movie before all is said and done!

:cool:

The Incredible Jessica James

This movie was dope. Jessica Williams is great and I liked her relationship with Chris O'Dowd's character. Noël Wells from Master of None is in it too and she's adorable.

20th Century Women

Smart, insightful, humorous, and wonderful. Wish I could revise my best movies of 2016 list and add this to it.

edited to add that Annette Bening is a treasure

Edited by Katniss

Detroit

Seriously one of the best movies I've seen this year.  I hope it doesn't fall too far under the radar come awards season especially for Will Poulter.  Who would have thought the kid from "We're the Milllers" could put on a performance like that.

• Like 1

Via Netflix: The Dark Comedy animated movie, "Sausage Party." It was a lot BETTER than I thought it would be, but I was NOT expecting that MIND screw at the end! o.o I'm not even going to spoil it for you, so you'll just have to watch for yourself! :hysterical: