• 3/5 Cakes
    • 2/5 Cakes
    • 1/5 Cakes

NfyiOeY.png

Premieres: 

Friday, July 12th @ 7:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot: SpongeBob and Patrick tour the surface world, while the rest of Bikini Bottom prepare a surprise party for SpongeBob!

Guest Stars: Jack Griffo, Daniella Perkins, Kel Mitchell, David Hasselhoff, and Jace Norman 

Clips:

1.) 

2.) 

This will be the third tv movie in SpongeBob history, and the first one in a decade. Happy 20 years, everyone.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 2
  • Happy 1
  • Wow 1

Just some useless trivia in case anyone was interested. For this TV special, Tom Kenny actually had to LEARN how to cook and prepare a hamburger for REAL, in order to DO this TV special, since he had to do the action in real life, as opposed to having someone animate the action for him! Anyways, I can't wait to see how this TV special plays out! :D Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • God Himself 1

UGH!!!! o.o My last/original version of this post got deleted, so I had to look up in my personal post archive, copy what I HAD wrote, and PASTE it back on here AGAIN!!!! :rolleyes: Sorry for the inconvenience! / I feel like this episode special was divided, the same way all the party ideas for Spongebob's birthday party was divided among the characters trying to throw it. It's like, they had a bunch of different ideas to celebrate Spongebob's birthday, but because NOBODY could agree on which idea was strongest, they just decided to use ALL the ideas they had, and try to STICK them together somehow, to form the basis of the plot! The result? It seems like this special could LITERALLY be the "Spongebob Squarepants" version of "Magical Mystery Tour"; in that BOTH products could basically be called the "Throw It In!" for TV specials! :hysterical: While a good number of the ideas actually managed to stick (far better than they had ANY right to), I felt like there should have been SOMEONE doing some better monitoring of how well the time was utilized for this special. Some of the scenes could've been tightened up better, such as Patrick's drooling scene, the driving aquarium getting dehydrated and re-hydrated scene, and the special could've LITERALLY skipped the ENTIRE Gorilla Mask scene, which was a "Big Lipped Alligator Moment", and probably ONLY exists as a call-back to the "Big Lipped Alligator Moment" of the Gorilla Suit wearing person who appeared in "I Had An Accident." But getting to see the main real-life voice actors voice human counterparts of the main cast was a real treat. I just wish that they had done more with the Fish Aquarium idea, and made it more of a conflict within the episode itself. Also, I'm not sure if ANYONE else would know this, but the lady fish that Patrick fell in love with, is an OBSCURE reference to a character named Lady Fish from the animated/live action 1963 movie, "The Incredible Mr. Limpet." Also, I'm surprised that they threw in a Peter Lorre reference into this special, speaking of things that MOST of the target audience of "Spongebob Squarepants" probably won't get.

And say what you will about Patrick, but he DID technically save Spongebob TWICE, once from being cooked up as part of a Trusty Slab burger, and ONCE from being trapped in the aquarium! :D Also, this special makes it more CLEAR that the Trusty Slab and the Krusty Krab are parodies of In N' Out Burger, as the Trusty Slab's menu is pretty much a copy of In N' Out Burger. All in all, I'd give this special an 8.8 out of 10. Better than "Atlantis Squarepantis", but not as good as "Truth Or Square." Enough said, true believers! :cool:

• Funny 1

(This post was originally deleted by some error. Luckily I managed to find the post on my profile, anyone who lost their post, check on your profiles to find yours but stop the page from loading completely and be quick to copy your post because If the whole page is complete, it's hard to copy your full post when it's shrunk down.)

Alright this is the big birthday episode, so here we go.

Good:

- Trusty Slab parts, all amazing. It's just impressive to see voice actors acting as human versions of the characters. They're just insanely talented and I had a huge grin on my face every time I have seen them in it. Plankton with a robbery scene was especially the best aspect of it. Oh and Pearl's voice actress had a cameo in Aquarium, so that was cool too.

- I actually liked Patchy to a point I loved how he chopped his head off, so he can be the present for SpongeBob. It was such a weird ass moment that I enjoyed it, plus it was kind of satisfying to see him finally meeting SpongeBob. I liked that Patchy was used minimal and he actually had some effect to the whole plot, as opposed to having cringeworthy side plots.

- Some of jokes in underwater party got to me like the creepy fish that parodies Peter Lorre, Squidward being choked on by cake after Bubble Bass' fake spell, fish flakes gag, Squidward selling his paintings for throwing etc. The episode got actually some good laughs out me, despite the comedy having its misses too. I liked some of references thrown there like The Chief's picture being in Bubble Bass' table.

- The tribute to Stephen Hillenburg was simple, yet pretty admirable. I liked it.

- Minor positive but birthday theme at the end was cute.

-Hasselhoff cameos were pointless but pretty funny and that was as far as positivity on cameos as I'll get.

Bad:

- This entire special had nothing going on. No plot whatsoever. It was just stuff happening towards SpongeBob and Patrick when they were on the surface tour. I didn't give a crap about what happened in business meeting nor beach scenes nor aquarium, which was suppose to be this big climax or whatever that is supposed to be, yet I didn't feel any of it because it took half an hour for the episode to get to the point. I was a bit anxious on how the episode would have a story but apparently there's not much to cover. That's a big complaint when it comes to this special. I feel like this existed just to market the show's celebration or just celebrate the thing with voice actors and celebrities, instead of making an actual interesting story. I expected little from the episode and it turned out just as unimportant and bland.

- Patrick got on my nerves as usual, especially the whole drool scene. Even in live-action human Patrick was more of same with referencing a pre-movie line. Like seriously, I'm done with Patrick acting so stupid to a point he causes some havoc.

- I fucking hated celebrity cameos. All of them were just Nick trying to get people watch the special. It's cool for them to show their love towards the show but why did it have to be in the episode where their cameos are all just meaningless? Don't get me start on Kel's Bean Guy shtick, which was one of the worst scenes in the show's history. It felt something out of a live-action Nick show, not SpongeBob. At least when live-action shit happened in movies or a few episodes, it fit the tone and style of the show.

- The episode was paced weirdly given how much the episode dedicates itself for random and loud comedy. It painfully dragged.

- Some of jokes were really misses. I didn't like SURPRISE running gag the first time I have heard it and I still don't like it. Live-action scenes had some pretty unfunny moments. Rube's antics were just as same as No Pictures Please, so I didn't exactly enjoy him here as well. Yeah comedy here was just hit or miss.

So that's all I can say for this meandering special. It wasn't bad. It was just another unnecessary tv movie like Atlantis and Truth or Square. Oddly enough I find all of SB's tv movies to be a big mixed bag. Some stuff worked, other stuff just failed miserably. In the end, this was a mediocre written special with some great fan service.

Grade: C+

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

I found this to be worse than Truth or Square. Lots of the usual dumbass behaviors and very over the top ugly expressions and annoying overall style... but for 1 hour, with a million references you can see coming from a mile away and I’m now drunk from doing a drinking game by the first half.

a couple funny stuff but in an ironic way, like the cgi dog. Lots of bad CGI things in here anyway 

Squidward wasn’t too bad in here, he got stoopid a bit in the second/third half but I don’t care anymore since Rube, Bubble Bass, and Patrick are starting to piss me off way more.

there was also this Adams Family type character that appeared in a couple gags that was ass too

Gilbert Gottfried and Zeus cameo was the only 10/10 things. Steve Hillenburg end message felt very minimal, wish they did something more creative with the end message but ah well. Shite special anyway. Very annoying and just not for me. A very awful way to celebrate a very awful anniversary during a very awful time of humanity. Oh goody.

How do you guys have the patience for this when it’s the same result over and over? Not an insult since I respect opinions, but  I’m just curious. It’s repetitive. It’s dull. We need a creative change, but not in the “let’s be loud and stupid” way.

Let’s hope one of us gets to work on this show by the 30th and make something that’s actually worth my time and more intelligent, creative, heartwarming or memorable. Idk I just want my buttons pressed for once I love this show deeply and want to line it again god.

2/10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was... not good. The amount of time they wasted on random human characters (the gorilla office, the bean party, etc.) made Truth or Square look well-paced. The "Trusty Slab" part was okay, I guess, even if it did only last five minutes (despite being the main thing that was marketed). There weren't any super-creative parts, or anything that really "jumped out" at me. Say what you will about Atlantis Squarepantis, but at least the song segments with the new animation was INTERESTING. They barely utilized the seven main characters. 

All of this just felt super low-effort. Which is concerning, given how this episode was meant to be the series's final "goodbye" to Hillenburg. It sends a pretty bad message tbh. The whole thing feels like some executive came into the room and made everyone do what they wanted. 

Of course, with the spin-off show coming around the corner, I'm sure we'll get to see this franchise continue to squeezed for every last penny it can make. Maybe the movie will at least have some dignity. 

• Like 2
  • Happy 1

I did not like this special for many reasons.

1. So much of this episode feels forced. For example, it feels like the reasons people get mad at each other in SpongeBob's house seems to happen because the plot demands it. There are other examples, but this is the one that comes to mind.

2. Too many random bits. It just seems unnecessary to have the parts with the beans and the gorilla masks. They hardly affect the plot and they're not funny.

3. It's predictable as all can be. You know exactly what's going to happen when SpongeBob gets back home and you know that whenever the people in the bus try to sing Happy Birthday to SpongeBob, something will go wrong.

4. This doesn't knock the episode back, but the way Nick advertised this was pretty bad. Like what Rebus said, The Trusty Slab was heavily advertised but hardly got any screen time at all.

So, is this the worst SpongeBob episode ever? No. I probably wouldn't even put it in my bottom 50. But it seemed like Nick put the least amount of effort possible into making this. And I'll be honest, Nick's not been in a very good position lately with SpongeBob. They steal fanart from someone, cancel what would've been the biggest SpongeBob marathon yet, and it all leads up to a TV movie that feels really half-baked. I hope that if SpongeBob runs for another 10 years, Nick will put in more effort into the 30th anniverary special.

3/10.

• Like 3

November 6 2009.The day when a Spongebob’s 10th year anniversary based special came out on the white world:Truth or Square.While it definitely catch up some likers,and even huge fans,majority of audience,considering this TV movie as one of,if not the most laziest,unfunniest,tedious piles of rubbish that show had ever produced.Even for nowadays most of us didn’t let a slide for ToS because how big scar it left to the series,and 10th worst spot on this year’s worst list was a solid proof to that.I definitely agreed with this group of fans,absolute absence of plot and conflict for the whole thing,Wyoming comedy that rely on either "ha ha Patrick is dumb look at that XDDDDDDDDDDDDD",cheap slapstick,or unfunny Family Guy cutaways that doesn’t made any effect or natural placement to the episode whatsoever,lame songs,and just the fact that episode has zero value of an something,that should be,u know..

Special?

Anniversary?

That could actually recall and found out what show created to everyone for those 10 years???

And don’t let me even mention Patchy segments in this special because this is a whole new form of cancer of an television product.

After such an mess,not that much of fans been super positive towards announcement of Spongebob’s 20th anniversary special.But what made this debate way more  interesting,is that it’s on hands of post sequel.Unlike times that people survived ten years ago,post sequel is such an strange and unpredictable territory.Looking at premise or title of any episode,you can’t even to imagine what an execution could actually be in reality.And specials in this era are especially questionable aspect.Some of them can be an fun paced adventure(Feral Friends,Legend of Bookini Bottom),some doesn’t really left much of an impression besides "that was an episode I suppose" like Goodbye Krabby Patty and Goons on the Moon,then Squirrel Jelly..and let’s just forget that it’s ever existed.And with a case of the whole TV movie,risk jumped out from Earth’s orbit.This edge of expectations and preparing to anything suffered people for awhile,and finally,on 12th July 2019,premiered Spongebob’s Big Birthday Blowout.What I can say?Well,it was...

09EB468E-3845-4D79-B4F5-85C45C3DD313.jpeg.9224d93633ac7ccac4e354998fa051c8.jpeg

———————————————————————————

Okay.Now everything else that going to be written below are spoilers and only spoilers.Please,if you haven’t seen this special,avoid this post and for better just watch Blowout yourself.You been warning.

The concept of episode was appeared on the series before.Specifically in both of theaters’ movies.However,I don’t quite think that it’s made S’ BBB worse.Yes,some of characters been on the surface before,but in First Movie it was limited with one location without anything else,and in Sponge Out of Water...it’s wasn’t been something that people want to see from Spongebob in any slight.Blowout made this concept of Surface Travelogue more larger and creatively than we seen before in my opinion.More interactive locations that characters meet,some humorous reactions of main character to other world(Still can’t stop laughing at Naked Beach Giraffes line,that was just too godly),and of course,more exaggeration,and now let’s stay with the last one more.Despite special happened on the surface with real life humans,S’BBB really obsessed with made this place as wackier and exaggerated as it’s possible for a TV movie.And I think a lot of people already get horrible flashbacks of Patchy segments from ToS,and I want to say you that it’s a false alarm.Unlike in previous special anniversary,new one handle silliness of acting really damn well,because this time it is actually made jokes with this material,and the timing of jokes doesn’t goes as long as Half Life 3 release date,this time we have an actual timing and pacing.And speaking of actors’ acting,I absolutely ADORE the whole sequence of all voice actors paying the main cast as an irl characters.This is hands down the greatest part of the special.The costumes,that looks cartoony and ridiculous but enough to belong into universe’s look,the way of how comedically all of the cast exaggerated,those silly dialogues...This is a very unique surprise to me that I definitely appreciate for coming to my house.But those people aren’t the only one that worked well.The return of David Hasselhoff was pretty epic,as well as French Narrator’s(thanks for Feral Friends callback btw).And that Bean Guy is another "so out of there that’s hilarious" type of comedy in my book,even felt like it was making fun of those cheap,cringy Nickelodeon sitcoms,witch add some extra points.And what about Patchy?He was surprisingly pretty charming here.He didn’t appear this much,but he get a few laughs out of me and It’s really fascinating to see that he is finally meet Spongebob after so many years of waiting.And should I even mention how it’s universally better than he was in previous TV movies?(even though Atlantis’ segments are ironically funny to me).

However,despite how much I liked this,there’s one very,very small issue that drag down this special...

W H E R E ‘ S   D E   F U C K I N G   P L O T   A N D   S T A K E S ?

All of the stuff tact I talked about above is sure nice and impressive,but here’s the thing.Barely anything of what happened in special have a single idea to how connect everything naturally.The begging at least feels like it has development,unfortunately since Bean Guy scene everything downhill right there.All of second part of episode felt incredibly unfocused,stale and just felt like it didn’t have much of an idea how to continue itself.You can say that I’m too harsh on regular 11 minutes episodes like Farmerbob for not having plot,but when the special(heck,TV movie)doesn’t have any that’s a way bigger deal.

What an second griped issue that I find there  it’s,ugh...

VnCD2i1.jpg

Most of the cast in episode was decent.But I absolutely hate and despise Patrick.A lot of people that I’ve meet said a lot how much he improved in Season 12 in comparison to S11’s,but looking at him in stuff like this I have no idea why people think so.All of dumb and intolerably loud jokes from the special are all his fault.Since the very beginning he introduced himself really badly,one minute of retarded drool jokes?That’s isn’t something that I want to see in 20th anniversary of the series,and neither does anyone else,am I right?Unfortunately he was lame for the whole thing.The whole scene with him eating beans,for example,was physically hard to sit though because what the hell was that.Or him crushed to fish in store for no reason,it was a very cheap and forced gag take way too much time that it should’ve.But for defend of him I want to credit that he still has some useful value,like helping to hide surprise party from Spongebob,or saving him from giant Patty.So I suppose even Patrick wasn’t 1000% useless this time.

Oh,and speaking of that fish crush scene...this part really confused me.Apparently,this universe have a fish that are "normal" looking instead of begin cartoony,witch is very inconsistent for what show introduces to us before.In first movie there’s also been realistic looking sea creatures,but only in a form of souvenirs,at their own they are still as same as other underwater characters.At first I expected  that Blowout’s fish going to turn into cartoony forms once that are going to dive into ocean...but they didn’t.Heck,this is just ruined the whole concept of Feral Friends,that also been referenced in this special.And I didn’t even mentioned that all of those fish are animated on a VERY ugly cgi.And unlike love action actors,there’s no even a place to any type of jokes,it’s absolutely unintentional at how cheap and horrendous it’s looks like.

Yeeeeeeah,this half of the special isn’t that flawless.But what about sub-plot from Bikini Bottom,you may or not may or even april ask me.Well.While it’s definitely less spectacular than the Spongebob’s shenanigans,there’s still some notes for pointing out.For a first,it’s was really damn similar to Party Pooper Pants:the other party based special of show.A lot of people consider second one begin very average of not bad,but I always loved it and Found to be very funny,but it’s doesn’t mean that Blowout have nothing going on,in fact I really did enjoy a few parts of it.Like a lot and lot cameos of Old characters!And I think a lot of people,at least here,going to say what an abysmal pandering to older fans it is.I don’t agree with this statement here,and that’s says the guy who consider the episode of DoodleBob’s return as one of the laziest pieces of television ever created.I think that all of those returns has a very needed vibe to the show’s anniversary of the series,something that Truth or Square didn’t have on any degree.On a side-note though,some of the cameos been really unexpected in a very impressive way,for example I never even expected to see that Bubble Hippo form Culture Shock again,and it was awesome.Or Zeus the Guitar Lord?This is pretty satisfying return even if original episode sucked ass.The only cameo that truly catch some question on my back was Mindy,I really don’t want to be PieGuyLulz clone,but that’s really hurt continuity of the series despite begin a simple background detail.Some of characters’ interactions are also been pretty interesting.I like how Squidward,Mrs Puff and Plankton debated of who know Spongebob more based on why was annoyed by him more,or Bubble Bass and Squidward’s rivalry  was an quote an epic bite.The humor in episode was quite hit or miss honestly,some of the jokes can be a pretty weak slapstick,or that "surprise" running gag,witch get stale and predictable really fast,Bubble Bass also can be seems forced at times with his nerd stereotypes.But hits appear nonetheless.Spongebob’s Parents reaction of all of Friends that appear on party,fish flakes,Squidward’s painting sale,Fred that was forced to say his regular line,all those gags been pretty damn funny.And my favorite might be everything that rely on Old Man Jenkins,he is just so awkward yet well timed that it’s simply worked.So at the end of the page,while the whole sequence can be look like an discount Party Pooper Pants,I did had some enjoyment from it and it’s might even better than Main parts of special alone for not having Patrick.

And I can’t,I just can’t to not mention the return of my mortal crush.

jC1NceF.jpg

I’m cannot express my happiness enough of how amAZIng it is that Rube is one of the main character in the special.He always been my favorite character of post-sequel era because of his bizarre behavior along with humorously ridiculous accent.He did appear even after first time on this season,but this time he had so many new lines and screen time,every single one was flawless and nobody can’t prove me wrong here.Just bless Kaz and Lawrence for making him as hilarious as he was before.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that’s what Spongebob’s Big Birthday Blowout was at what it’s wanted to be.There’s a lot of things to pointing out,some of it was done right,some wasn’t really.And even if I don’t think that it’s a great experience,that’s an universal improvement over previous 2 TV movies(especially second one)that show pooped out.Because after all,S’BBB is actually an birthday party,celebration,and just something,that want to have some fun with itself and fans both.I don’t think I will ever come back to this episode ever again,but I did had some fun during watching it.And as the end of Blowout said.

75ED521E-3DE4-4E11-B10D-691608AA2EA7.thumb.jpeg.91712c9aff9d82b7ca8845464fbe9af7.jpeg

Anyway it’s an 5/10 from what it worth.

Now excuse me,I’m going down to wait til premiere of Knock Knock Who There.Bye.

Edited by Jon Snow

In my opinion, this is honestly one of the best SpongeBob TV specials ever. I don't know...it was such a wholesome and fun episode! The whole idea, the live-action parts, Patchy coming down to Bikini Bottom, the party planning, the cool theme at the end, the thanks to Stephen Hillenburg: there's nothing really that stood out to me and made me mad or frustrated or sad! It was all great. I found it to be very interesting. The only hilariously stupid part was JoJo Siwa screaming into the ocean at the end, but hey, she's a Nick star, right? That doesn't even count as the episode imo, but anyways. Also, Gilbert Gottfried at the end was gold.

10/10 A+ would watch 7291939291991929292 times in a row

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I feel this episode was very, hmmm... how do I put this delicately...  hit-and-miss. But with more misses than hits.

Hits:

-The return of a certain French Narrator, with a nice call-back to "Feral Friends."

-Nice to see Patchy finally meet SpongeBob, even if he had to remove his head to do so (urgh!). (Seriously, Patchy, I like ya, but couldn't you rent yourself some scuba gear and swim out to Bikini Bottom and wish your hero many happy returns? nuff said)

-That CGI dog. Seeing him on his hind legs was pretty funny.

-A few cameos I didn't expect myself, but Coffee Lover already mentioned 'em so I won't bother mentioning them.

Misses:

-Could've done without the gorilla masks and Kel Mitchell in the bean costume. I'll bet even Kel wasn't too psyched about playing a giant bean. Could've been worse, though: they could've shoehorned Lincoln Loud and John Cena into the special, or someone else if they had time, too! (Nick exec: "Hey, how about we put Schwoz in the special as some mad scientist who shoots lasers all willy-nilly at SpongeBob and everyone else in the tour bus and everyone turns into all sorts of random stuff! That'd be hi-larious!")

-Couldn't they have done something a bit more for a tribute to Steve? Even if they had to start from scratch and do a one-hour episode with Patchy showing old SB episodes, even including a "Remembering SpongeBob"-esque montage for Steve? With "Sweet Victory" playing, to make for the NFL fiasco of late?

-Alright, this might seem a bit more "nitpicky" than everything else above and below it, but how come those CGI fish in the aquarium weren't 2-D? WHY?

-Simply not satisfying that everyone on the bus didn't get to sing "Happy Birthday" to our favorite sponge, and how the gang couldn't repair SpongeBob's house in time.

-Why are the friggin' Tattle-Tale Strangler and Flatts at SpongeBob's party?

-While it was fun to see Tom, Bill, Roger, et al. play live-action versions of themselves during the "Trusty Slab" segment, it could've been better.

• Happy 1
  • Hug 1

Where were King Neptune and Jill Talley (live action) in this episode. I couldn't find them and they are on the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia episode character list. I finally spotted Princess Mindy in line outside SpongeBob's house but I didn't see King Neptune near her.

image.png

Edited by deadair
Trying to get rid of attachment, it was an accident.

I legitimately enjoyed this episode and thought it was a nice way to celebrate SpongeBob being on for twenty years.

I enjoyed seeing Frenchy return after his appearance in Feral Friends. The tour on land was pretty entertaining as well with the exception of that beach party and the gorilla mask meeting. I wasn't too invested in those scenes and thought they served no purpose. I'm also a little nitpicky about some of the CGI in the special, particularly some shots where SpongeBob, Patrick, and the tourist are obviously CGI. I won't even point out why no one on land seems to question an aquarium fish tank driving around (perhaps with the exception of Lori Alan).

Seeing the human versions of SpongeBob and friends was great. No one should act surprise that the scene was overplayed in commercials since Nickelodeon tends to overplay scenes that only last a few minutes in the program. I thought the actors played their live-actions roles very well and did a great job bringing them to life.

The party planning segment was pretty good too. They all had legitimate points on how to decorate since SpongeBob is the kind of person who would enjoy all those themes rather than just one. Seeing all the characters SpongeBob encountered in past episodes even if some of them are people who have tried to maim and/or kill SpongeBob (Flatts and the Tattletale Strangler). I NEVER expected to see Princess Mindy again.

The ending was really heartwarming again. Not only seeing SpongeBob express his love for the friends and family in his life, but seeing Patchy finally meeting his idol was beautiful, especially the little tribute to Stephen Hillenburg.

Also did they really have to yank our chain like that by cutting it off when SpongeBob was about to reveal how old he is? ?

• Like 2

I felt like this was just alright. I set my expectations pretty low, because of the Trusty Slab being the most advertised portion of the special. But I’m sort of thankful it was only a small part of it all, and that it was more of a road trip than anything, with SpongeBob’s, Patrick’s and Rube’s adventure onto dry land going beyond a beach for once.

For me, the best part was Sandy’s subplot about keeping SpongeBob’s party under control. It’s much more entertaining than the last time they pulled this sort of thing off in Party Pooper Pants, even if the point evaporated by the end of it. Worst part was Kel the Bean. No need for any of that junk, it just slowed the live action stuff down before it could even start.

I mostly feel like I liked this because I set my standard pretty low, so I can understand why the people above me were disappointed, if they set them high. I was personally expecting a Truth or Square 2.0, but what I got was a Sponge Out of Water 2.0, a flawed but entertaining piece of SpongeBob that I would never hesitate to return to.

For anyone who is wondering, Spongebob's age technically HAS been confirmed before; not audibly, but a "Freeze Frame Bonus" reveals, that during the times when Spongebob is shown to have a temporary Driver's License, it shows the YEAR he was born.

For those who are curious, Spongebob is shown to have been born in 1986, technically making him 33 years old right now, but of course, he's only 20 in OFFICIAL cartoon years!

Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I watched it, and I found myself pretty much already being spoiled entirely with the promos on YouTube and the videos people films during the first air (sigh)

If I had to say about this episode I would have say, it was pretty amazing I guess, I have to watch again after I forget all the promos and some other stuff I watched before the actual episode, ask for the patchy stuff (which wasn't being spoiled for some reason)I thought it was funny and a lots better than I thought, I mean it was brief but it has certain charm to it, it reminds me of his rule for older episodes except for this time, he actually moves to different locations instead of just watching spongebob with potty or calling stupid hotlines(I don't know what hotlines means, so I just assumed it means calling people on phones)

Anyways

I will give patchy stuff:7/10

Others:10/10(needs rewatch)

I can tell they really did their best to make this a very special episode. While some jokes (maintly about Patrick) were horrible, most of this special was very entertaining and a whole lot better then Thruth or Square. I can see myself coming back to this when I was already bored with TOS the first time it aired. Props for all the voice actors stepping out of their comfort zone and showing their faces to millions of children, acting as their strange character. Also I love Kel Mitchell so I can get through the bean section while loving it.

Edited by BeachBob95