• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

The Camping Episode is not one of my all-time favorites but it's a slapstick episode done right and I always enjoy these kind of dynamics with SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward. 

I really like Can You Spare a Dime and I definitely see the appeal but I never considered it to be a top 10 worthy episode. season 3 is such an impressive season but it's clear that Mr. Krabs does lean more into an asshole side in it (and latter s2). It's at least funny and well thoughtout here but little bits like the end did kind of bothered me and I also felt kind of bad for SpongeBob, even though he allowed Squidward have whatever he wants from him. Regardless, it's still such a hilarious episode with so many great moments and SpongeBob's outburst is awesome.

HYSTS: Great episode but not on my top 25. It has a great story and emotions and a great song though while still having some good jokes.

Pizza Delivery: Great episode but not on my top 25. Still very funny though, and the ending is great.

Just One Bite: YESSSSSSSS TOP 12

I had this at my #1 because it’s the funniest episode of the show to me, and also has an amazing and relatable plot (both relatable in that I hate many foods, including popular ones like Pizza, and also relatable in trying to hide things from people) and amazing characters. 

Graveyard Shift: Great episode with amazing atmosphere, humor, characters, and story. This wasn’t on my list but was close to it and is top 50.

Frankendoodle: Amazing wpisode with amazing atmosphere and humor, and it has my two favorite characters; DoodleBob and Patrick. This was on my list at #5

Wet Painters: iirc when I made my top 100-something to create my new top 25, this was on the 26-30 range, so this was close to my list but missed it slightly. Still a hilarious episode though.

The Camping Episode: Great but not top 10 imo. But its still a hilarious episode.

Can You Spare a Dime: Amazing episode that made it on my list at #9. It’s an hilarious episode and one of the funniest of the series, and the characters are all godly af in this. Enough said, true Can You Spare a Dime believers.

Hyped to see the order of Shanghaied, KKTV, Christmas Who, Chocolate with Nuts, Band Geeks, and G4ry Takes a Bath

• Thanks 1

Both The Camping Episode and Can You Spare a Dime are really good, but as before, I can't say much about them because so much has already been said. In addition, The Camping Episode probably missed my list by a bit but it's definitely far from bad.

Graveyard Shift Frankendoodle Wet Painters The Camping Episode, a lots of season 11 episode likes to directly reference these classic episodes, both Doodle Demantion and Bottle Burgulrs has reference to wet painters,The Night Pattie has Graveyard Shift and seabears just appears a lot,I guess writers in season 11 just really love these classic episodes

The Camping Episode: A wonderful classic episode with such great gags and a great song.

Can You Spare a Dime?: I great episode while not high on my list, but still enjoyable. I especially like the role reversal between SpongeBob and Squidward.

6. "Insultin' a man's ship be worse than insultin' his mother!"
zaSpa6x.png
Shanghaied, 391 points
23 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank 2 #1's @Patty Rose @EmployeeAMillion) (+1)

Heyo! At this point, it should be clear that the rest of these episodes are regulars of the top 20, but that's what this is. Outside of 2015 and 2016, it's been in the top ten twice prior as well, with this being the highest it's ever been! It's also the beginning of the six-episode stretch all the way up to #1 where every single episode has been on more than half of the lists. Shanghaied has built a huge reputation for being one of the best purely comedy-centered episodes in the show's history. EVERY single character here has perfect comedic timing, in part due to all of them acting like complete morons. I have fully embraced the comedic journey this episode has to offer, and put it in my own list at #7, so awful close to its placement on the list this year. Also, it has some of the funniest Patchy segments the show has ever had, which as far as I'm concerned, is extremely important.

5. "Now that you understand POOP, I bet you think you're ready to make a Krabby Patty."
image.png.d1bc4173b76f0dad27e192cfd230d636.png
Krusty Krab Training Video, 409 points
28 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank 5 #1's @JCM @almy @CDCB @Matt0417 @Less_SpongeBob) (-1)

Never on this list has a position been so bittersweet. Just look at it. First episode to hit the 400 milestone, something that ONLY #1 hit last year. Five #1's. 28 lists. A top five regular, an episode that's been #1 on the list before. All of these ridiculous accolades, yet... this is the lowest the episode has ever been. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. That said, this episode still being in the top 5 is great news and any less would be something I just cannot wrap my head around. This episode is goddamn wonderful. Another legend in the "comedy-centric" category of episodes, one of the most creative of the bunch. This episode is super fresh with its bizarre format, yet everything works. Every joke hits, every character interaction sparks joy. This episode was #15 on my list, but considering so many of you put it way higher, it's not saying much now, is it?

• Like 8

Shanghied isn't on my list but it's an episode I truly love. It's one of the most creative and batshit insane episodes of the show and it's 16 minutes and this is The Flying Dutchman's peak.

KKTV isn't exactly one of my favorite episodes but I highly appreciate how it's experimental in its format and it's pure genius topped with great comedy. I totally understand this episode on top 5, even if I don't love it as much as others.

How do I put this lightly... Krusty Krab Training Video is extremely overrated.

Audience: Boo! You Stink!

Okay, Okay! Here’s my opinion: Krusty Krab Training Video isn’t the best episode. It’s actually only decent. Seriously, people only like it because it’s a unique and complete break in format to make a documentary episode. Krusty Krab Training Video is severely overrated and people only like it because it’s different. They say it’s the best episode ever. They say that the Sopranos style Fake-Out ending is the best ending in the series. They say that the funniest quote is “P.O.O.P. - People Order Our Patties” when it really isn’t my opinion! To be honest, I didn’t laugh! It was not funny!

Episodes such as Slide Whistle Stooges, Stuck in the Wringer, The Card, A Pal for Gary etc. All said to be less funny than KKTV! It’s not fair! Give those episodes the spotlight please! Here are some better quotes that are funnier:

"Gary! You put Puffy Fluffy down right now!" 

“You can't always expect my usual brand of stupidity. I like to mix it up. Keep you on your toes" 

“What a lucky break! Now I have a captive audience!”

”Baby Assaulter!”

”You know kid, your body isn’t the problem. It’s your heart.”

”Have you learned nothing about sharing?”

”Well geez Gary, make up your mind. Is it water, or fire???”

"I've been doing some calculating and it turns out that I'll save a whole nickel if I cut your salary. Completely!"

And yet those lines are considered less funny, combined, than one single stupid line? Really? Those episodes are 100X better!

You will probably flame me for this, but I don’t like Krusty Krab Training Video (KKTV). I just don’t. It’s not funny. It really isn’t. I think that you will scream at me for my opinion, but please respect my opinion.

Look, “My Leg!” is still my worst episode, but I take back what I said about not being friends with people who liked this episode. That is okay. It’s their opinion and I realize that now even if it’s a fact “My Leg!” is awful. But I do not respect people’s opinion if they say that “If you don’t like my opinion, you’re dumb” or anything like that. I’m done with this SHORT discussion. Please DO NOT flame me. 

• God Himself 6

54 minutes ago, Less_SpongeBob said:

How do I put this lightly... Krusty Krab Training Video is extremely overrated.

Audience: Boo! You Stink!

Okay, Okay! Here’s my opinion: Krusty Krab Training Video isn’t the best episode. It’s actually only decent. Seriously, people only like it because it’s a unique and complete break in format to make a documentary episode. Krusty Krab Training Video is severely overrated and people only like it because it’s different. They say that the Sopranos style Fake-Out ending is the best ending in the series. They say that the funniest quote is “P.O.O.P. - People Order Our Patties” when it really isn’t my opinion! To be honest, I didn’t laugh! It was not funny!

Episodes such as Slide Whistle Stooges, Stuck in the Wringer, The Card, A Pal for Gary etc. All said to be less funny than KKTV! It’s not fair! Give those episodes the spotlight please! Here are some better quotes that are funnier:

"Gary! You put Puffy Fluffy down right now!" 

“You can't always expect my usual brand of stupidity. I like to mix it up. Keep you on your toes" 

“What a lucky break! Now I have a captive audience!”

”Baby Assaulter!”

”You know kid, your body isn’t the problem. It’s your heart.”

”Have you learned nothing about sharing?”

”Well geez Gary, make up your mind. Is it water, or fire???”

"I've been doing some calculating and it turns out that I'll save a whole nickel if I cut your salary. Completely!"

And yet those lines are considered less funny, combined, than one single stupid line? Really? Those episodes are 100X better!

You will probably flame me for this, but I don’t like Krusty Krab Training Video (KKTV). I just don’t. It’s not funny. It really isn’t. I think that you will scream at me for my opinion, but please respect my opinion.

Look, “My Leg!” is still my worst episode, but I take back what I said about not being friends with people who liked this episode. That is okay. It’s their opinion and I realize that now even if it’s a fact “My Leg!” is awful. But I do not respect people’s opinion if they say that “If you don’t like my opinion, you’re dumb” or anything like that. I’m done with this SHORT discussion. Please DO NOT flame me. 

Sheen,Do Not Push This Button!

Dogs like cheese,cows like monkeys!Planet Sheen is oh, so funky!

Okay,I get the last part,but the first few lines, you're just off bro!

Skateboards rock!Shoes like feetsies,you are watching Planet Sheensies

Okay,okay,it's not called "Planet Sheensies"

Sheen!

Dance!

Sheen! 

You know what they say Sheen; It ain't par-tay until somebody breaks a tongue!

Check!

Sheen!

That's just creepy

Tuna noodle casserole!

Pomegranate stew

Stranded on a planet...

Whatcha gonna do?

Change your name to Larry?

Rub bacon on the queen...

It all makes perfect sense on...

PLANET SHEEN!

• God Himself 1

1 hour ago, Less_SpongeBob said:

Look, “My Leg!” is still my worst episode, but I take back what I said about not being friends with people who liked this episode. That is okay. It’s their opinion and I realize that now even if it’s a fact “My Leg!” is awful.

First of all, I respect your opinion on Krusty Krab Training Video. It isn't objectively good or bad.

Second, you claim to respect other's opinions about My Leg, but at the same time you really don't because you think your opinion is objective. It's a flippin' SpongeBob episode, come on man. Why does everyone here have to attack people because "ooh they like something I don't like and my opinion is the only correct one oOOooOo"? Can't we all just respect each other's unique views? Every "good" and "bad" SpongeBob episode isn't fact, it's subjective. I could agree with you and say I don't like KKTV. I could also I like the ep, like many others do. I could love A Pal for Gary. I could hate Chocolate with Nuts. That's fine by me and I expect those to respect my thoughts on the episodes. This doesn't just go out to you, by the way. This is for a good chunk of people on here. If you think that there is a "correct" opinion on any episode of the show, the best, the worst, the forgettable, the decent, ANY episode, then you can kindly leave the forum and take you shit elsewhere.

Shanghaied is a really good episode, and may have made my list, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, gonna take a lot of heat for this but... KKTV is overrated. I've seen it enough times that it does not matter nearly as much to me anymore. It's been overmemed, overpraised and while it may have put a different spin on the episode format, I wouldn't put it above and beyond everywhere personally. But, that's just my opinion, and I don't think it's a bad episode, just one I've seen and heard about enough times that it's lost most value it had to me.

• Like 1

Unpopular Opinion Time, Less_Spongebob HAS a point! o.o Not EVERYBODY thinks that "The Krusty Krab Training Video" is the greatest thing to come out since sliced bread. In my honest opinion, it's an OKAY episode, but NOT top 20 material, in MY honest opinion! :rolleyes: I mean, all that BUILD up to reveal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, and then they DON'T even REVEAL it, honestly felt like a GIANT SLAP in the FACE, in MY opinion! I mean, I guess us not KNOWING the Krabby Patty Secret Formula is KIND of the point, but they shouldn't PROMISE us something if they're NOT going to deliver it! That's the WHOLE reason "The Best Day Ever" TANKED as bad as it did! I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we do this list, "Broken Alarm" ends up taking the place of "The Krusty Krab Training Video". "Broken Alarm" is more top 5 worthy in MY honest opinion! :D Enough said, true believers! ;)

• God Himself 2