• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever! (20 Years Edition)

OWM

On Gone, I semi-agree with hippy on the fact that it's a downward slope of quality that crashes violently at the ending. Everyone always talks about the ending of this episode specifically because literally everything else has no purpose/merit at all. SSfGU I only remember for that godawful first scene. Fun fact, I've never actually fully watched it because I turned off the television 1 and a half minutes in to do something better with my time.

Once again, neither of these eps made it on my 25, though Gone was pretty close.

Gone is terrible episode. Though I don't hate it as much as other certain episodes, it's still pretty low quality in my eyes, all things considered. I agree with Hippy, this episode is aimless mess, which was really mediocre at best even before godawful ending happened. Nothing much to say, except that this ending feels like some kind of rejected edgy parody skit, like from Robot Chicken, and not something that was produced for the show itself.

Squidward's School for Grown-Ups has really interesting concept, Patrick and Squidward bonding over growing up and SpongeBob being the third wheel isn't the most awful idea ever and could've been executed nicely. Problem is, that this episode isn't executed nicely. It's either boring or annoying with no in-between. I don't really HATE it per say, since most of s8 just puts me to sleep rather than triggers any emotional response, but I still strongly dislike it.

I like Gone. To me the atmosphere of it just works. It’s not a masterpiece or anything but I liked it

Ew Squidward’s School For Grown-Ups

Boring ass episode.

Dear friend is one of the best anime songs ever made.

blank eps in the spoiler are ones that haven’t appeared yet on the list.

Spoiler

Edited by MarcoGagFanatic
  • Like 1
  • God Himself 1

I don't understand how "Gone" could POSSIBLY get ranked BADLY enough to appear on THIS list! o.o It's actually one of the BETTER season six episodes in MY honest opinion! :D "Squidward's School for Grown Ups" is just FORGETTABLE at best! :rolleyes: Still waiting for one of my episodes to appear. Probably won't have TOO much longer to wait! :hysterical: Enough said, for now! :cool:

• Like 1
  • God Himself 2

Gone: To be honest, I think I would've called this one okay if not for the ending. It's just such a bad thought to think these are the same characters who praise SpongeBob's cooking and fun personality. It's an awful excuse for a twist. Other than that this episode is just unmemorable. Nothing much else. 4/10

Squidward's School for Grown-Ups: This one's fine. It's not amazing and the beginning is rather annoying but it doesn't hurt the episode that much. 6.5/10

*cracks knuckle—-*AGH! Sorry it’s been almost a year since doing that whole posting my thoughts on the contendees here:

The Fishbowl: Seen half of this, and yikes. From Sandy being a bitch, to SpongeBob and Patrick arguing or some shit idk, to what they’ve done to a character I care for way too much, it’s very painful to watch and I’m scared to see it in full. I will one day though

Pineapple Fever: I’m aware I’m in the minority for loving this ep. it’s very stupid, yes, but the stupidity works well for me. Always found every scene that happened while the storm was going on to have a nice atmosphere but also be very fuckin entertaining to me. It’s weird. Post-Movie, especially in season 6, always had this charm to it when it had stupid episodes like these (which was very common in that season...). I’ve seen this episode for years and I can’t hate it still. Also, sadly, THIS is the episode that got me inspired to become an artist and make comics when I was 8 (which was me rehashing this sort of plot but in different situations. Lol). So yeah, I’ve always loved this episode. Definitely not the best of the series, but damn entertaining, and kind of nostalgic too. 

Gone: the ending is offputting and kind of bad, but I guess I wasn’t too bothered by it for some reason?? Always thought this was a good episode, maybe around the same score as RD (a 6, maybe a 7??). I kind of like the creepy feel to it with him being alone and the boat insanity he witnesses. Very weird ep that has not much going on but I enjoy the feel of it.

Squidward’s School For Grown-Ups: Always hated how they protested Squidward’s snobbiness in Post-Movie, even though at the same time I feel pity for the character getting treated like garbage a lot. I fuckin LOVE Squidward being snobby or egotistical, I mean, I WANT to write Squidward like that one day, but it seems to be done wrong a lot of the time in this era, where he just comes off as a whiny kid. Anyway, this episode is just very dull and stupid. I hate everyone in here, and the ending with the tomatoes thrown at Squidward, just always pissed me off. 

and I think I contradicted my first sentence SHI—

Both TGA and YDKS are really unmemorable eps for me. I can't really say anything about them because besides plot, there's nothing I can remember that I can say is great or awful. They're that pointless.

Yet again, neither of these were on my list.

Prez explained Googly well enough for me, it's just another one of those bad Squidward eps and minor petty things like it dragging out like your typical s8 episode, having annoying background characters (for real FUCK the art critic) and just an overall plot of googly art that's really uninteresting. The only thing going for it is that it at least tried to tap into something more unexplored with Squidward's artistic side? Still made mine at 16th though.

YDKS I'm surprised anyone can remember well enough to actually have put on let alone have it skyrocket after only 3 people had it last year with the highest being at 15th. Nevertheless it's just a middle of the road "bad" episode where I can't bring myself to really care for it as things just happen really, with a bit of a weird ending but it was never enough to seriously bother me. Glad to at least see some diversity though.

• Happy 1

I used to like The Googly Artist but idk if it stands the same way and I honestly forgot some aspects that I don't wanna revisit the episode just to hate it. However if I recall, wasn't Squidward's art ALWAYS about himself? Haven't seen the episode in years but If you make shit ton of art about yourself, your talent to draw doesn't matter when it's all about you. That being said, Patrick is rather a hack and Mr. Krabs is an ass, so I can understand this being on the list but I don't have a strong hatred over it.

I used to be a s7 apologist, so I don't even know why I tried to like YDKS. It's completely bland and lame representation of SpongeBob/Patrick friendship. But I don't hate it much. With that being said, the episode does deserve the spot just right. It's rather a poorly made episode no one will care at the end.

• Like 2

Two boring-ass episodes, I see:

The Google Artiste: The emptiness is strong here. Barely anything happens throughout this episode's runtime, and what does happen ranges from:
* An annoying art critic who prefers arts and crafts over actual art
* Patrick getting fame for something so ridiculous
* Yet another forced Krusty Krab appearance (number what out of how many this season?)
* Mr. Krabs being greedy yet again, what else is new
* A painfully weak ending
So much of this episode is a waste of time and space, and the only thing I honestly like about it is the "gambling addiction" line said by Spongebob near the beginning of the episode. This episode didn't make my worst list, but god is it bad.

You Don't Know Sponge: Another pointless episode. Forced conflict, an aimless middle portion and a bad "resolution" that doesn't fix anything brought on by the already useless conflict. I consider this one worse than Googly Artiste personally, mainly out of how much this episode goes through hoops to force a conflict that is mainly based around what may be the worst way to frame an episode; Patrick's stupidity. This episode missed my list but it sucks nonetheless.

• Like 2

The Googly Artiste: Bad episode that didn’t make my list but is on my bottom 50. The episode is just stupid and unfunny, and boring, and I dislike the art critic and Patrick in it. 

You Don’t Know Sponge: THERE I AM GARY THERE I AM

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. :thinkegg:

46. :thinkegg:

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. :thinkegg:

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. :thinkegg:

37. :thinkegg:

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. :thinkegg:

30. :thinkegg:

29. :thinkegg:

28. :lennythink:

27. :thinkegg:

26. :thinkegg:

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. :thinkegg:

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. :thinkegg:

20. :thinkegg:

19. :thinkegg:

18. :thinkegg:

17. :thinkegg:

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. :thinkegg:

12. :thinkegg:

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. :thinkegg:

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

1/25 3/50

The Fishbowl 50: Heavily overhated, I actually like this one. it’s not one of the best S9 episodes but it’s pretty fine and has some funny gags imo

Pineapple Fever 49: Pretty awful ep and i’m glad it made the list (Tho it’s still bottom 35 imo), it also has some of the ugliest animation in the series

Gone 48: Mediocre at best ep, it’s completely fine until the boaty scenes where it gets dull. that ending tho..............

Grownups 47: Awful ep that was very close to being on my list, screw boat screaming and the awfulness of Squidward and Patrick

Googly 46: On my list because dead air and SCREW THAT ART CRITIC AND ENDING

You Don’t Know Sponge 45: Not on my list but still an annoying af ep with Patrick being dumber than usual

I don't like Googly Artist, but I don't hate it either. Some jokes genuinely worked and I think that satire on critics and perception on what is "art" and what isn't is... Well, not the worst attempt at social commentary SpongeBob has ever done, but my problem with this episode is that I dislike everyone in it, probably besides SpongeBob. Squidward got what he deserved for his narcissism, but treatment towards him still got a bit unfair. Patrick wasn't that malicious, but hardly entertaining and annoyingly oblivious. Art Critic is lol. And while I can understand this episode being here, personally it just kinda bored me and not much else, if not some people having strong feelings about it, I'd didn't even remembered it's existence, to be honest.

You Don't Know the Sponge is awful-awful episode. I'm shocked to hear that it's apparently the first time this episode got into worst list. Why??? This episode deserves being here. It's just total waste. Conflict with Patrick not knowing anything about SpongeBob is forced and annoying, pacing is abysmal and how this episode was resolved is freaking laughable. This episode just makes me want to rewatch "The Secret Box", "Driven to Tears" and "The Pink Purloiner" again, episodes that test SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship in well-written and believable manner.

Edited by Klu
  • Like 1

The Googly Artiste is a real snore of an episode. Despite that it's actually not one of my most hated season 8 episodes, there's some worse content in that season.

YDKS made my list. I can understand someone not including this on their list due to how unmemorable it is but once you watch it I find it clear just how insufferably dull of an experience it is. Like when the episode starts with whale sounds you know you're not in for one of SpongeBob's best.

Spoiler

16. Squidward's School for Grown ups (#47)
20. You Don't Know Sponge (#45)
21. Gone (#48)

Hope you all enjoyed my harsh critiquing of the google artiste. This is why I shouldn’t be allowed to critique, I will fuckin go hard on it boyeeee

anyway...

You Don’t Know Sponge: I honestly forget how this episode ends, isn’t Larry involved around the end or something?? Patrick with him and gives SpongeBob a thing?? I don’t know this episode is very bland but probably not hateable for me, but I can see why it made it to the list here. 

6 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

Hope you all enjoyed my harsh critiquing of the google artiste. This is why I shouldn’t be allowed to critique, I will fuckin go hard on it boyeeee

anyway...

You Don’t Know Sponge: I honestly forget how this episode ends, isn’t Larry involved around the end or something?? Patrick with him and gives SpongeBob a thing?? I don’t know this episode is very bland but probably not hateable for me, but I can see why it made it to the list here. 

Yeah Patrick hangs out with Larry to get a present for Spongebob, which is one of those fake glasses and nose things, and when Spongebib puts it on, Patri k doesn’t recongize him

I only remember this because I looked through spongebob captures :funny: 

• Like 1

"The Googly Artiste", I don't know, I've actually kind of always LIKED this episode! :D I mean, for me, it's a STUPID plot, but it's done in a pretty funny way, at least from what I remember! :hysterical: I actually think that the point of the episode, was to prove that art was subjective! :rolleyes: And I think it's FINE if Patrick is remembered for being an artist, it makes him a more 3-dimensional character IMHO! :cool: "You Don't Know Sponge" probably could've made my personal list if I had been asked to submit more choices. Enough said, for now! ;)