• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever! (20 Years Edition)

OWM

Gone

From i can remember, Gone was like alright except the end was totally awful. I still don't get why people still hate this which i already explained my thoughts on this last year. I can only say this ending is still bad. Squidward & Mrs. Puff i can understand, but EVERYONE decide to do this, too? yeahhhh that's completely stupid to make an holiday dedicated to hate SB...

Squidward’s School for Grown-Ups,

I honestly dislike this. It's making me feel annoyed on how Sqiidward want Patrick to be a man like Squidward. Like Squidward teach Patrick to act like an aduit, and SB is jealous of this? I mean...it's nothing meroable to see Patrick having a bear, but to me, it just bored me and it wasn't funny. Overall, a very forgettable episode IMO.

The Googly Artise

Honestly, this episode i hated so much thar made this episode get any more stupidity....WHY DO YOU HAVE PATRICK WHO IS DUMB DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ART EXCEPT SQUIDWARD IS THE ONE WHO IS TRUE ARTIST BUT NOOOOO THE ART CRTIC CHOSE PATRICK BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOW?! 

My god, how is this idiotic can do as artist when HE DOESN'T know. Oh wait this episode goes further worse when we have Mr Krabs blames Squidward for no freaking reasons?! jfc This episode is just stupid and lazy as i don't want to see it that again. Just...screw Patrick for he did. Squidward deserved to be in this episode but nope he got pinished for no reason whatsoever.

Overall, this is reallty awful episode IMO

You Don't Know Sponge

Ah yes, I barely remember this episode which is kind of slow, and Patrick is dumber as unusal. He doesn't even know SB? gee i don't know, but it made no sense for him no longer SB's friend because he doesn't know simple facts about SB....just why? I don't know i have nothing to say this, but yeah t's just slow & meh to me.

50. The Fishbowl: This was the first episode from the post-sequel era that gave me clear indication that the creative team is going to end up continuing to make mistakes previously made during the series' post-movie era. I don't dread this episode so much, but I think it holds an understandable spot on the list nonetheless.

46. The Googly Artiste: While I am normally going to restrict my commentary towards new entries on the bottom 50, I'll express my thoughts on certain episodes like this one. It's not on my bottom 25, but The Googly Artiste is definitely one of my dishonorable mentions. I'm going to speak in everyone's behalf that I always thought the episode's plot was really dumb. The episode is built around one single joke and it's that everyone except Squidward is so dumbfounded by Patrick's amateur art. It's not a very good joke and thus, it just makes the episode fall very flat.

45. You Don't Know Sponge: IMO, this would be one of the most frustrating examples of Patrick's forced stupidity if not for the ending that just barely saves the episode from landing on my awful tier, while it doesn't necessarily save its incredibly slow, dull pace and a lot of the jokes written for Patrick (LOL HE'S SO DUMB HE THINKS SPONGEBOB IS A TRIANGLE AND DOESN'T KNOW IF SB'S A BOY OR A GIRL).

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, EmployeeAMillion said:

Woo, we’re getting to some real suckers, now! I don’t mind Squidward’s School for Grown-Ups that much, but Gone and You Don’t Know Sponge are particularly frustrating.

I wonder when the Season 10-12 spots are coming.

uh Season 12 hasn't finished yet :p

1 hour ago, SOF? said:

uh Season 12 hasn't finished yet :p

He was talking about episodes including from S12 and he's very much referring to "The Nitwitting" when he mentioned it.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Play's I'm not surprised, about the same amount of points since it's more obscure to hate and more lists means more competition, it still painfully drags on and the ending of the food fight where SB just maniacally laughs at the end...shit's genuinely depressing to watch man repeat my commentary from last year.

Pet Sitter I thought people stopped hating, indifferent to it making on but I just wish it'd be considered worse than APFG since it shares the same issues of being dull with one really bad scene (water or fire v you all know what) while APFG at least had the decency of a cool beginning and a brief fight scene instead of just boring fucking around during the climax.

I barely remember Play's a Thing. Like literally, barely. I was surprised that this episode even existed, but I remembered it a bit by screencaps. So I don't have to say about it much, but welp, if I barely remember it, I doubt that it's any good. Forgettable episodes are garbage, so I think it deserves being on the list.

Pet Sitter Pat is garbage episode that continues bad trends from s6-7. Bad Patrick characterization, Gary suffering, gross-out... But I don't have much to say about it, because:

1) While this episode is horrible, It didn't provoked any emotional response from me, besides annoyance a bit.

2) This episode is one of infamous ones, so many people said why it's so horrible in much better manner than I ever will be able to.

Both episodes aren't in my list, but these are worthy additions overall. 

I don't have a hatred over The Play's The Thing. It's rather a dull episode I won't go look back to. It doesn't have scenes that legit piss me off but it's also boring and lifeless. I did kind of like the food fight at the end but that's about it. Moving on.

The Play's the Thing: THERE I AM AGAIN GARY LOOK
Ok, but anyways, it's a bad sign when I can barely remember half of what happened throughout the episode. This is like one of the emptiest episodes of the entire show and gives the previous two episodes on this list a run for their money.

Pet Sitter Pat: I have to congratulate this episode, really. It's one of the few episodes of the entire show that made me feel legitimately tired from how fantastically boring it could be. And when it's not boring, it's very dumb. It missed my worst list, but it still stands as one of the examples of why I find Season 8 somewhat underhated.

"The Play's the Thing": Basically, "Culture Shock" if it had less jokes and wasn't as good or funny, I honestly forgot this episode even EXISTED! :rolleyes: "Pet Sitter Pat": In Patrick's defense, at least he actually TRIED to take care of Gary, unlike Squidward, who didn't even try at ALL in "I Was a Teenage Gary"! :hysterical: Enough said, for now! ;)

• Thanks 1

The Play's the Thing,

This episode I felt was ok, nothing new to add to this, and It was kind of like what did Culture Shock except this is compeletey different. it did end it up being disappointing to me. I still dislike this because how this "play" boring, and Patrick bein there is random...like evey other episode he showed it just like that. it felt so boring and I even fell asleep during the play. Ugh it was just didn't go well for me. Overall, it was something that felt like it's trying to be like it was basically 2nd version of Culture Shock which is unoriginal IMO.

Pet Sitter Pat

Honestly, this felt like the epsode where Patrick doesn't even know how to feed Gary haha look Patrick thinks he can good pet sitter...yeahhh I still hate it how he uncaring, so we can know how funny this episode. Nope, instead we got worst pet sitter we have. While the sub plot with Grandma Squrepants is kind of cute and all, so i can't be mad at it. My only problem with this episode is if they want to make Patrick to actuallt take care Gary just look at IWATG. That episode shows how Squidward DID care for Gary unlike this episode was awful. Overall, it was really not good, and it just another Patrick trying to be funny episode.

• Confused 1

The Play's the Thing might be the most nothing ep ever. It's not as bad as something like House Sittin but did they put any thought into this? It's as if they wanted to rip-off Culture Shock but gave up even writing it halfway through.

Almost 8 years later and people still hate Pet Sitter Pat? It's a bad episode but I have others that I dislike more. Either way I'm not bothered with it having a low position on this countdown.

I oddly like Googly Artiste

You Don’t Know Sponge is so bland

Plays the Thing is just really forgettable

Pet Sitter Pat, I really don’t like. The whole thing feels like a waste of time.

Spoiler

23. Pet Sitter Pat (#43)

The Play’s the Thing: Boring episode thats it nvm ignore what I said, I forgot to mention to mention that I also dislike the ending where Squidward and Spongebob get beaten up.

Pet Sitter Pat: Need to rewatch. I’ll probably like it on rewatch

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. :thinkegg:

46. :thinkegg:

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. The Play’s The Thing (#44)

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. :thinkegg:

37. :thinkegg:

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. :thinkegg:

30. :thinkegg:

29.:thinkegg:

28. :lennythink:

27. :thinkegg:

26. :thinkegg:

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. :thinkegg:

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. :thinkegg:

20. :thinkegg:

19. :thinkegg:

18. :thinkegg:

17. :thinkegg:

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. :thinkegg:

12. :thinkegg:

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. :thinkegg:

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

1/25 4/50

• God Himself 1

A Day Without Tears: This one I actually don’t think is bad. There isn’t even that much crying in it, and theres some entertaining stuff in it, such as the tv scene, as well as the beautiful sunset.

The Card: This episode is just meh. I don’t find it to be annoying at all, but I don’t find it to be funny either (except the joke about Patrick’s usual brand of stupidity, that one is hilarious). It’s just fine and thats it. This would be in my 51-60 range, so I can’t honestly I care at all that it made the list.

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. :thinkegg:

46. :thinkegg:

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. The Play’s The Thing (#44)

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. :thinkegg:

37. :thinkegg:

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. :thinkegg:

30. :thinkegg:

29. :thinkegg:

28. :lennythink:

27. :thinkegg:

26. :thinkegg:

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. :thinkegg:

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. :thinkegg:

20. :thinkegg:

19. :thinkegg:

18. :thinkegg:

17. :thinkegg:

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. :thinkegg:

12. :thinkegg:

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. :thinkegg:

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

1/25 4/50

A Day Without Tears: Bad episode. Spongebob's crying in the first half is the most annoying instance of him crying throughout perhaps the whole show, and that kills any chance of it being close to good. The second half is plain S7 mediocrity and annoyance; nothing this episode attempts to do brings it out of the rut it dug itself into in the first half. Due to this, I'd say it incorporates two of S7's worst characteristics; being painfully annoying and being painfully boring. It's just such an unpleasant episode to sit through, especially with those first few minutes barring any chances of it being fully watchable. It made my worst list, albeit in the upper half.

The Card: Hooray, another bad Patrick appearance in Season 6! While I don't think this is the worst Season 6 episode (and therefore it missed my worst list), it's definitely not in the upper half of the season. Patrick is infuriatingly stupid here; not to the point of, say, Ink Lemonade's first half, but he's still pretty bad here. Admittedly, the "You can't expect my usual brand of stupidity" line is kind of funny to me, but Patrick is still painfully dumb here nonetheless. I don't have much else to say, but that's kind of inevitable when the only gag this episode goes for is "Ha ha ha, Patrick is dumb". I believe this episode made my bottom 50.