• Advertisement

Teen Titans Go movie in July 27, 2018

BoJack Horseman

At this point, I can't even get mad at the series anymore. It's sorta kinda a guilty pleasure for me now, as I sometimes get a few chuckles at some of the episodes. Am I tired of the show being the only one to play on Cartoon Network all the time? Yes. Do I wish CN's schedule had more variety again? You betcha (though I've been seeing Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes reruns come back). Do I hate the show? No. I'm just pretty much apathetic to it right now. If the young'uns (and Supmandude) enjoy the show and this movie, I won't stop them.

..........that being said, how the shit are they gonna stretch out an 11-minute comedic spin-off into a 1 hour something minute long movie? That's gonna be my main concern with this.

Not even the slightest bit surprised.  Not even surprised that they are fast-tracking this for release in less than a year.  It's usually a telling sign as to how much effort is going to be put into this if it's released in less than a year than it was initially announced.

9 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

The only GOOD thing about this news, is that when this film INEVITABLY BOMBS at the BOX OFFICE as the MOST unsuccessful film in movie HISTORY (and I'm INCLUDING "Heaven's Gate; Ishtar; Howard the Duck;" and "Hudson Hawk" in that statement), it will FINALLY convince Cartoon Network to CANCEL this GOD forsaken show, and focus on FAR better things; like revivals of "Sheep in the Big City; Camp Lazlo;" and "My Gym Partner's a Monkey!"

When you're president I'm sure this will be your first glorious act in office.

15 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

To be fair, the first Equestria Girls film had a limited theater release, and I don't think anyone complained about the theaters being filled with older guys. I want to see the MLP movie in theaters, but I'm probably not going to be able to, being a closeted brony.

Also, the movie has a PG rating (surprising to me considering how tame MLP:FiM usually is), so I don't think anyone would feel any shame for being dragged into a theater filled with older men. There will be parents with their kids as there will be older men in the theater. I believe hardly anyone would treat that like it's their own business.

Teen Titans Go is overhated even in my eyes, but I can't blame anyone for detesting it or consistently talking about how it's a big burden to Cartoon Network. The way I see how the majority are going to react to this news, it's only going to be the same song and dance. People painting 2017 as the worst year for CN because of the TTG burnout and because of a select few duds is actually more tedious to me than the constant complaints about TTG, IMO.

1. I was just using Negi's logic against him :P

2. I'd be fine if people detested it and DID THEIR RESEARCH FIRST. People are pinning the blame on Cartoon Network for making this when they have NO INVOLVEMENT in this.

15 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

The only GOOD thing about this news, is that when this film INEVITABLY BOMBS at the BOX OFFICE as the MOST unsuccessful film in movie HISTORY (and I'm INCLUDING "Heaven's Gate; Ishtar; Howard the Duck;" and "Hudson Hawk" in that statement), it will FINALLY convince Cartoon Network to CANCEL this GOD forsaken show, and focus on FAR better things; like revivals of "Sheep in the Big City; Camp Lazlo;" and "My Gym Partner's a Monkey!"

Revivals DON'T make anything better. I'm sick of revivals of older properties. I want fresh, original ideas. 

Edited by Metal Snake
I'll let it slide this time, but in future, please do not double post.

23 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

1. I was just using Negi's logic against him :P

2. I'd be fine if people detested it and DID THEIR RESEARCH FIRST. People are pinning the blame on Cartoon Network for making this when they have NO INVOLVEMENT in this.

Negi is a girl, actually :P 

19 minutes ago, Burgerpants said:

To be fair, they never needed to add a spooky-ass 7 to the TV-Y rating of the show for something like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

@President Squidward Yes, I am a girl, and yes I still think it's gonna bomb just like I think the show itself is a bomb and you can rip on me for still thinking that just like 90% of the people here are ripping on others for still thinking the show is just insulting garbage, but I don't care cuz nothing is gonna change my opinion. I'm just don't go around announcing it unless it's brought up in a topic like this or conversation.

And TBH, as much as I'm a fan of MLP, I'm not really excited for the movie, but I'll probably go see it once I see the reviews.

16 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

No way in hell this is gonna bomb. TTG makes great ratings and money for CN.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

@President Squidward Yes, I am a girl, and yes I still think it's gonna bomb just like I think the show itself is a bomb and you can rip on me for still thinking that just like 90% of the people here are ripping on others for still thinking the show is just insulting garbage, but I don't care cuz nothing is gonna change my opinion. I'm just don't go around announcing it unless it's brought up in a topic like this or conversation.

And TBH, as much as I'm a fan of MLP, I'm not really excited for the movie, but I'll probably go see it once I see the reviews.

I respect your opinion, and I'm glad you aren't like other people I see on Twitter and Youtube who harass me for finding this hate kind of the dumb considering a lot of people and Youtubers don't put any research and pin the blame on a network that isn't involved in the production of it. I keep getting harassed by Twitter and YT users because of channels such as Vailskibum94 and Athemocracy rushing on their videos and putting a cheap ass clickbait thumbnail and title to get those viewers in, making the viewers get wrong information and then just makes people with sense and want to talk about cartoons have to deal with annoying people ranting about a cartoon they dislike over and over, not understanding the business side of things and many, many more. Like god dang it calm down people, I just want you guys to discuss something else for once. You're making discussing cartoons just as annoying as discussing politics, and what sucks is that I CAN'T ESCAPE IT. Youtube recommends me that stuff no matter how many times I ignore it. I don't know what to do anymore.

Something must be done. I don't know what, but maybe someone else does. 

(can't believe I'm getting this stressed over animation, but it's the only interest I have besides advertising. btw, I didn't know you were a girl, I didn't feel like checking your profile, plus sorry @Metal Snake for double posting, sometimes it won't let me edit a post for some reason)

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 1

Uh, guys....I think what this movie entails just got a little complicated. https://www.movieinsider.com/m4211/teen-titans-go?np=1#plot

"The story centers on a junior Justice League made up of Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Wonder Girl and Speedy, the respective sidekicks of A-list heroes Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow."

"changed the title from "Teen Titans" to "Teen Titans Go!"

Are they trying to use the TTG name for kid recognition? o.o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayden said:

Uh, guys....I think what this movie entails just got a little complicated. https://www.movieinsider.com/m4211/teen-titans-go?np=1#plot

"The story centers on a junior Justice League made up of Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Wonder Girl and Speedy, the respective sidekicks of A-list heroes Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow."

so this won't be about TTG we know?

8 hours ago, Hayden said:

Time to cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katniss said:

How reliable is this source though? I haven't seen any other news sites talking about the plot. I'd take it with a grain of salt unless somewhere else confirms it.

movieinsider is the go-to source, and it's had this plot long before the media started reporting this as a movie about the cartoon series.

Let's be real, most of the news sites just took this little blurb from the It article and made blatant assumptions, therefore THEY are the unreliable source.

The only chance of this still being a TTG movie is if this is their origin story, and this turns out to be an unsuccessful team Robin tried to make before them.