• Advertisement

Teen Titans Go movie in July 27, 2018

BoJack Horseman

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/it-movie-sequel-release-date-september-2019-1042845

yes it says IT sequel but check below

"In a twinned movie, the studio's film adaptation of Cartoon Network's Teen Titans Go! has a new release date. The movie is being pushed back from June 1, 2018, to July 27, 2018."

nice foreshadowing

this is happening folks. you're favorite show is becoming you're favorite movie.

• Sad 3

0e3.png

Seriously, I don't even hate Teen Titans Go. I'm sick of hearing people talk about this show so much. I bet now people are going to harass Cartoon Network on this when they're not involved in this, neither are they with the making of TTG in general. I mean, it is a successful show and bitching about it isn't going to do anything. This show will go away soon. If you don't like it, don't keep going on about it, and most importantly, don't watch it.

• Like 2

on a real note though what the fuck is this even going to be about 

this is a show that ran out of ideas with its initial concept so fast that it had to become a parody of itself just to keep pumping out episodes, and even then the plots are so paper thin that the writers don't even try to hide how haphazard the shit is

how are they gonna occupy an hour and a half lmao 

...actually Night Begins To Shine was good as fuck nvm

• Like 8

this thread is going to be the Planes 2 thread 2

"It's going to suck, but it's not supposed to appeal to me, so whatever."

So okay, whatever.

whatever--thumb.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

on a real note though what the fuck is this even going to be about 

this is a show that ran out of ideas with its initial concept so fast that it had to become a parody of itself just to keep pumping out episodes, and even then the plots are so paper thin that the writers don't even try to hide how haphazard the shit is

how are they gonna occupy an hour and a half lmao 

...actually Night Begins To Shine was good as fuck nvm

and of course you beat everyone to the gold

• Like 1

I can say with utmost consideration of the fact that TTG is getting its own movie by expressing no real strong opinions about this news. In other words, I don't really seem to care about how this movie will perform at this time being, but I am confused of how anyone would be able to churn out a film based on a cartoon whereas its main foundation is being a parody of the original Teen Titans franchise. However, like how some other folks in this thread have already spoke, I do muse that certain other circlejerks on the Internet will apparently care so much about the fact that TTG is getting its own film. Now that I have expressed my ridiculously posh, yet honest opinion on this matter alone, I will come back once as more information pops up about this film so that I will then be able to give my two cents on it before the due release date.

Image result for i wanna die dolphin

I don't even care about TTG itself being 75% garbage, it's the absurd oversaturation that I'd be sick of with anything ie Star Wars, Hunger Games, Naruto, anything like that. Eventually they're gonna face burnout and TTG has been on burning turbulent twister fire for ages now, at least compared to how it was in the beginning. The problem with this one is that it falls into the TV show category which means it's gonna run out of ideas much quicker than the big names I mentioned like Star Wars, and it isn't serialized so it's not like they're continually expanding on one ideas. It's an 11 minute tv show that goes through these things so quickly. Everyone needs a TTG break, and it shouldn't just be for the audience that hates the show.

TTG can pull something off like Night Begins to Shine if it wants to, but I highly doubt that's whats going to end up happening unless that was a bigger success than I know of, therefore leading to them taking that kind of an actual approach for the second time since early season 1 when it was still fairly decent.

2 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

I feel bad for whatever parents get dragged to see this, but whatever. The only thing that can happen is the movie will get slammed by critics and audiences who are not children.

I feel bad for whatever parents get dragged to see My Little Pony: The Movie only to see older men in the theater, but whatever.

See, I can do it too.

also there is people out there who are fine with TTG, even GOOD youtube critics like Rebeltaxi are fine with it. I'm fine with TTG too, at least a few of the newer episodes lately had some alright ideas passed around, such as The Night Begins to Shine and Lication is my favorite Season 4 episode so far (thanks Steve Borst for coming back to TTG after Ben Gruber wrote most of the Season 3 episodes that are also horrendous)

I agree with Nuggets though, how would a full movie work, as much as I'm sick of the hate for this comedic version of a superhero franchise

Edited by President Squidward

51 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

I feel bad for whatever parents get dragged to see My Little Pony: The Movie only to see older men in the theater, but whatever.

To be fair, the first Equestria Girls film had a limited theater release, and I don't think anyone complained about the theaters being filled with older guys. I want to see the MLP movie in theaters, but I'm probably not going to be able to, being a closeted brony.

Also, the movie has a PG rating (surprising to me considering how tame MLP:FiM usually is), so I don't think anyone would feel any shame for being dragged into a theater filled with older men. There will be parents with their kids as there will be older men in the theater. I believe hardly anyone would treat that like it's their own business.

Teen Titans Go is overhated even in my eyes, but I can't blame anyone for detesting it or consistently talking about how it's a big burden to Cartoon Network. The way I see how the majority are going to react to this news, it's only going to be the same song and dance. People painting 2017 as the worst year for CN because of the TTG burnout and because of a select few duds is actually more tedious to me than the constant complaints about TTG, IMO.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 2

The only GOOD thing about this news, is that when this film INEVITABLY BOMBS at the BOX OFFICE as the MOST unsuccessful film in movie HISTORY (and I'm INCLUDING "Heaven's Gate; Ishtar; Howard the Duck;" and "Hudson Hawk" in that statement), it will FINALLY convince Cartoon Network to CANCEL this GOD forsaken show, and focus on FAR better things; like revivals of "Sheep in the Big City; Camp Lazlo;" and "My Gym Partner's a Monkey!"

• Happy 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

The only GOOD thing about this news, is that when this film INEVITABLY BOMBS at the BOX OFFICE as the MOST unsuccessful film in movie HISTORY (and I'm INCLUDING "Heaven's Gate; Ishtar; Howard the Duck;" and "Hudson Hawk" in that statement), it will FINALLY convince Cartoon Network to CANCEL this GOD forsaken show, and focus on FAR better things; like revivals of "Sheep in the Big City; Camp Lazlo;" and "My Gym Partner's a Monkey!"

Just because something that you don't like is getting a movie doesn't mean it's destined be a box office bomb, let alone "the most unsuccessful film in history." I'm being a bit of a realist here, but news flash, we haven't gotten any information about this movie besides what we just got.

Also, what best defines a box office bomb is a film that has gotten very little exposure and hype. Take "Freddie as F.R.O.7." as an example, which is currently considered to be the worst performing animated movie of all time based on a U.S. domestic gross of $1 million. If you haven't heard of it until I mentioned it, then I don't need to say anything else.

I'll just leave it here. I don't want to make this thread reminiscent of The Magic School Bus Rides Again topic.

3 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

tumblr_nsfp9qInTP1txw71lo1_500.gif

It's just a cartoon, my dude. It ain't that serious. I get people not liking the show, but the visceral reaction to this movie announcement online is crazy to me. 

Honestly, I have no strong feelings about this. I'm probably not going to watch since I don't care about the show, but I have no issue with a TTG movie existing. 

• Like 3