• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

8 hours ago, Clappy said:

Decided to start Pokémon Moon.  Right now here is my team getting ready to challenge Hala on Tutorial Island:

Level 20 Brionne

Level 20 Magnemite

Yeah I decided to try training a Magnemite for the first time in my years of playing Pokémon.  Love his defensive abilities.  Brionne is okay although I already miss my Rowlet days in Sun. Definitely the better of the two and we'll see when I decide to use Litten whenever that may be. 

As for who else I plan to have on my team?  I definitely want a Sandygast/Pallosand because its ability Water Compaction is amazing.  Definitely going to get a Bewear.  I'm going to do another first time training with Sneasel/Weavile, can't believe it's taken me so long on that one.  Last spot is up for grabs, but considering Alola Exeggutor for the hell of it.

Bewear is such a fucking tank. Great competitively, but be sure to choose Fluffy over Klutz as an ability or you won't get that awesome defensive ability. Klutz is garbage anyway.

My team for Pokemon Sun right now is:

Komala Lv. 30

Salandit Lv. 30

Espeon Lv. 30

Golisopod Lv. 31

Dartrix Lv. 31

Magneton Lv. 32

Before anyone asks, my Salandit is female so I can get that evolution. Also have Shadow Claw on Komala so RIP ghost types. Better help me against that Mimikyu trial coming up (I'm on Route 12) because that trial kicked my ass during Moon.

Oh yeah... did you know I finished Sun already? I finally got it for Christmas and I'm working on completing the Pokédex right now, and it was an amazing game. My team by the Elite Four was made up by Primarina, Alolan Raichu, Pallosand, Tsareena, Muk, and Toucannon, which provides very good defensive type coverage. Primarina is really underloved given all that it wants to perform for all of us and make us happy, and I loved that it's evolution is both gorgeous and so good on Special attack that it blew through the champions instantly. Raichu was also great for bonding given just evolving it with happiness was so hard.

I'd gladly battle any of you if you'd like, my friend code's 5129-5453-8388. Of course I'd have to work on EV Training and breeding but I'm only starting on that. 

A small thing but I am planning to cosplay Guzma for a convention this May. I already have the undershirt, the track jacket, and the sweatpants. Once the whole thing is done, I will be sure to post it but I will block out my face for privacy reasons

Excited for all the Pokémon Direct news today...for the handhelds at least.  I was hoping for them to announce that Pokémon Stars was a thing that's coming for the Switch...only for the Pokémon/Switch game to be a port of Pokken Tournament, which I was not at all a fan of for the Wii U and probably won't be for this new version either.

I don't really mind not having an actual Pokemon game for the Switch, at least not yet anyway. I thought the gameplay and mechanics really hit its stride and felt more seamless when it's played on two screens rather than just one. Plus, I would think it'd be a smarter move to save a Switch Pokemon game for a new generation entirely.

Curious to see what it's gonna be about. Heard murmurs that they could just be a re-telling of Sun and Moon similar in the vein of FR/LG, HG/SS and OR/AS, which may be too soon and might quickly cheapen the experience that the originals gave off just a year prior. I mean, at least with the other remakes, there was a sizable time gap in between to actually upgrade those original experiences both in gameplay and in story. I feel this whole re-telling would fly more had it been made for the Switch.

6 hours ago, ACSBehemothHellcat said:

I don't really mind not having an actual Pokemon game for the Switch, at least not yet anyway. I thought the gameplay and mechanics really hit its stride and felt more seamless when it's played on two screens rather than just one. Plus, I would think it'd be a smarter move to save a Switch Pokemon game for a new generation entirely.

Curious to see what it's gonna be about. Heard murmurs that they could just be a re-telling of Sun and Moon similar in the vein of FR/LG, HG/SS and OR/AS, which may be too soon and might quickly cheapen the experience that the originals gave off just a year prior. I mean, at least with the other remakes, there was a sizable time gap in between to actually upgrade those original experiences both in gameplay and in story. I feel this whole re-telling would fly more had it been made for the Switch.

There's no way it would be a re-telling this soon. FR/LG, HG/SS, and OR/AS are all remakes of past generations, updated for the new generation of handhelds that were out at that time. There's no point in remaking the current generation on the same handheld a year later. It doesn't make financial sense, or just sense in general. It's a third installment, similar to every other third installment that's come before it.

I'd assume it's gonna be in-line with B2/W2 - meaning more direct sequels rather than something like Emerald or Platinum, but there was so little information that there's no way to tell yet. 

1 hour ago, terminoob said:

There's no way it would be a re-telling this soon. FR/LG, HG/SS, and OR/AS are all remakes of past generations, updated for the new generation of handhelds that were out at that time. There's no point in remaking the current generation on the same handheld a year later. It doesn't make financial sense, or just sense in general. It's a third installment, similar to every other third installment that's come before it.

I'd assume it's gonna be in-line with B2/W2 - meaning more direct sequels rather than something like Emerald or Platinum, but there was so little information that there's no way to tell yet. 

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning (and hoping) towards too. The new forms for Solgaleo and Lunala definitely seem reminiscent to what they did for Black/White Kyurem in BW2. I'd be a hell of a lot more down with a similar sequel story that sheds more light on Necrozma.

I'd love Ultra Sun/Moon to be in the vain of B2/W2. Things I'd love to see is the gyms in Alola now and what some of the characters have done after the events of Sun and Moon, like Hau, Guzma, Plumeria, and Gladion.

My personal dream is that Anabel is actually from an alternate universe (and wasn't just sucked up into a wormhole in this universe's Hoenn), and these games took place in that universe. It'd be a pretty unique and interesting way of explaining all sorts of things that are commonplace in third versions - like how in Emerald and Platinum the Pokedex got expanded and more Pokemon were found in the wild; that could be hand-waved away in this by saying that it just takes place in an alternate universe. It'd explain why Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala are still around, even though they were caught by the player character, and there could be gyms here without taking away the uniqueness of trials (because in theory those would still be around in the Alola we played through in S/M).

More likely it'll just be, like, Gladion and maybe Kukui doing science stuff with Colress working them behind the scenes to bring Alola into the future, and then Colress goes off the rails and upsets Necrozma, or something.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 0:51 PM, Old Man Jenkins said:

well, we're getting that core Switch game eventually

Makes me wonder if it will take full advantage of the Switch. Nintendo should very well do it since the Wii U had a lot of wasted potential. Hopefully this means a Pokemon MMO or a new Pokemon Stadium. I'd totally dig that.

51 minutes ago, crushingmayhem said:

Makes me wonder if it will take full advantage of the Switch. Nintendo should very well do it since the Wii U had a lot of wasted potential. Hopefully this means a Pokemon MMO or a new Pokemon Stadium. I'd totally dig that.

I think a game in the vain of Pokemon XD or Colosseum would be really cool, but with some different attributes about them; such as the game including single and double battles and not double battles mostly (well I know that's the case for XD, idk about Colosseum), having wild Pokemon and having a decently long list of it. I'd also want the game to be very exploration based and have a lot of boss battles, most of which pretty much relevant to the plot of the game. And for the location basis how about a region based off of somewhere very expansive, or not very urban at all (Alaska maybe?) to further the exploration theme?

Sorry, just thinking out loud. I think that would be a really great idea for them to follow.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

Hmm, an Alaskan or Tundra based Pokemon would be something awesome to see. Especially if bigger exploration is involved. I don't see them trying something that risky but it could very well happen someday. I'm sure a bunch of fans including me would love that. A new Pokemon Snap-like game is a good idea too.

• Like 1