• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

I finished Ultra Moon today in a little less than forty hours (yup, Sinnoh still took me longer) with the following team...

JvQp5zg.jpg

Decidueye Lv. 76

Butterfree Lv. 66 (swapped later for Lunala)

Alakazam Lv. 71

Gengar Lv. 71

Salazzle Lv. 71

Kommo-o Lv. 67

Lunala Lv. 65

Damn good candidate for the best Pokemon game I've played. Favorite villain team, favorite character cast, and favorite story. I loved how they finally made a Pokemon team of actual street gangsters, Hau was my favorite rival in the entire series, with him being a "nice guy rival" who actually becomes self-aware of his flaws and develops, and that the story not only had some cool twists, but gave everyone in the supporting cast a background and a chance to grow as a character. Even the gameplay was genuinely challenging at times, and I loved having to figure out a strategy at parts where just having a higher-leveled Pokemon with a type advantage move wasn't enough. It had also brought some great innovation with the doing away with the gyms for island challenges (my favorite was the Ghost one where you got to take photos in a haunted store) and the Ride Pager for HMs (which I admittedly never cared for), the Z-type power moves, which felt like a more balanced Mega Evolution system, and the Rotom Power system, which felt like a more balanced O-Power system. If I had to think of one thing I didn't like, it was making the Totem Sticker sidequest only possible to finish in post-game...which is stupid, since Kommo-o, the prize for getting all the stickers, can be caught.

Overall though, wow. I am very proud to have this be the first Pokemon game I ever played while it was new. I couldn't have asked for a better way to finally finish catching up with the franchise. ^_^

• Like 2

Doesn't look as world ending as people made it out to be when the leaks happened. I wonder who gets to keep the Pokemon when two people catch it since the trailer doesn't quite make that clear (unless I missed something). The person hosting the game, does it multiply or split in two? 

Oh, man, the salt from the fandom about this.....

I'm really hyped and can't wait to pick it up in November. Think it's a really smart decision for it to have compatibility with Pokemon Go. If I'm Team Pikachu or Eevee..... that's hard. 

I think the potential is there for this to be super successful.  Especially since it’s taking a lot of the ideas from Pokemon Go and making it more fine tuned for a console game while still keeping the basics of the series intact.  Now to figure out which game to get.

What I really want to know is how leveling up will work, since there doesn't seem to be an option to fight the wild Pokemon.

Is it like Pokemon Go's system where there are candies? Can you rematch Trainers for Exp? Is it literally just praying to God(or Arceus in this case) and keeping the Exp. Share on?

The Space World beta for Pokemon Gold from 1997 recently got leaked, and people have already been rushing to datamine it. Stuff surrounding the beta is being leaked all across the board, especially with the unused/scrapped designs for the Gen 2 Pokemon:

• Like 1

Admittedly I've been playing around with the idea of me skipping this game as the first Pokemon game I haven't bought on release date since Heartgold and the sheer amount of stuff coming to the Switch I really want this fall. Treehouse during E3 peaked my interest in the game, but this trailer really sold me over. Definitely picking this up. Gonna go with Let's Go Pikachu.

9 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

Strange to see a more realistic style with Willow next to a more cartoonish Oak.

Theory: This is Animon.

PokeGoldDemo-front_188.png

Likely not the first person to see this but for those who don't know, Animon is a scrapped Ditto evolution from the Gold and Silver Space World Beta. It evolve with a Metal Coat, and while Animon isn't a Steel-type itself, Scizor and Steelix, who evolve by this item, are part Steel. And Meltan is confirmed to be a Steel-type and the bottom part of its body looks like a Ditto.

Strange to see Space World pokemon possibly come back in a way after it was leaked.