• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

5 hours ago, terminoob said:

I was really kinda ticked at how relatively long it took before you could get Rockruff, especially because if you took all the cutscenes and tutorials and sidequests out of it, it'd only take, like, at most 45 minutes of gameplay to reach Ten Carat Hill. But instead they padded it with all this junk and it took a number of hours instead.

Also, same boat with checking to see where the Pokemon are. I never have any clue where the Alolan Pokemon are because I just keep running into Gen 1-6 Pokemon. Fomantis and Dewpider in particular were both hard to find because I'd just never run into them and I'd have to keep checking Serebii and going "wait - no, this can't be right, they HAVE to be somewhere else". Found both of them eventually, but yeesh that was rough.

Just cleared the first trial on the second island and it's already much more enjoyable than the first island. Much less being sidetracked and much more just playing the game. SOS Battles are the one nitpick I have, just because it's super annoying when my Pokemon goes last and gets hit with, like, two attacks or two Smokescreens or two whatever in a row, but they're pretty helpful for finding Pokemon. Getting a female Salandit was super painless with that.

That frustrated me too because I had to go through the same previous gen problem as you in Ten Carat Hill just to get one Rockruff and Serebii has been my travel companion these last 24 hours or so as I try to figure out where my Pokémon are.  Consider yourself lucky about your female Salandit because it took me at least 45 minutes or so to find one because I went through at least 15 male Salandits before mine appeared.

Anyway, I'm about to participate in my third trial.  Here is my team so far:

Level 29 - Dartrix

Level 24 - Rockruff

Level 24 - Wishiwashi

Level 21 - Salandit

I'm saving a spot on my team for Alola Vulpix which I know it'll take awhile to get one.  Anybody willing to help with suggestions for the last spot?

6 minutes ago, Clappy said:

That frustrated me too because I had to go through the same previous gen problem as you in Ten Carat Hill just to get one Rockruff and Serebii has been my travel companion these last 24 hours or so as I try to figure out where my Pokémon are.  Consider yourself lucky about your female Salandit because it took me at least 45 minutes or so to find one because I went through at least 15 male Salandits before mine appeared.

Anyway, I'm about to participate in my third trial.  Here is my team so far:

Level 29 - Dartrix

Level 24 - Rockruff

Level 24 - Wishiwashi

Level 21 - Salandit

I'm saving a spot on my team for Alola Vulpix which I know it'll take awhile to get one.  Anybody willing to help with suggestions for the last spot?

I'd say look for weaknesses in your team's types and stats; usually finding which stat is the lowest on your team.

Anyways, mine so far:

Formantis Lv. 21

Cutiefly Lv. 22

Stufful Lv. 22

Torracat Lv. 22

Misdreavus Lv. 22

I did an impulse and replaced my planned special attacker fairy spot which was originally Clefairy to Cutiefly, and so far that thing has been great. Can't wait until it invloves into Ribombee which actually has some suprisingly great speed and special attack and is backed up with great moves like Bug Buzz and Dazzling Gleam.

Just finished up Kiawe's trial. Almost blacked out against Totem Salazzle, but Dewpider came in super clutch and took care of it.

Pikachu: Lv. 24
Trumbeak: Lv. 20
Cutiefly: Lv. 18
Crabrawler: Lv. 21
Dewpider: Lv. 16
Salandit: Lv. 17

Pikachu, Salandit, and Dewpider are staying on. Everyone else is subject to rotation. For the most part they've all been helpful thus far, but I dunno. Cutiefly isn't really cutting it, Crabrawler doesn't evolve until late-game, and Trumbeak is just kinda... there.

So I ended up screwing myself over with having Slowpoke on my team. This is because I never planned on having Slowbro, rather Slowking. To make matters worse, not only do I get Trick Room post-game, but I get the King's Rock post-game as well. This frustrates me so much that I'm utterly forced to get myself another temp Pokemon for my team and box my Slowpoke until I go through all that trouble to get what I want, because I don't think I can get past the rest of the game with an unevolved Slowpoke on my team.

Anyways, as of this point, this is my team. Just reached Poni Island:

Decidueye: Lv 42
Slowpoke: Lv 42
Oricorio (Pom-Pom Style): Lv 42
Mudsdale: Lv 42
Wishiwashi: Lv 42

Edit: I've now made up my mind on what other Pokemon I'm going to use for my team.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Just made it to Ula'ula. May as well post my current team too.

iRS2pmah.jpg

Was so proud to see my little Rockruff tear so much ass throughout the volcano park and Kiawe's trial, only being knocked out by an after taste of poison after knocking off Totem Salazzle. He's been a real keeper. Salandit conquered Mallow's trial and I crushed Olivia with a Decidueye/Wishiwashi/Mudsdale trio.

On 11/20/2016 at 5:48 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

Holy shit is Bewear a tank.

Is it really? I kinda wanted to use him as a Crabrawler replacement but Stufful feels impossible to train, and I'm having enough trouble as is trying to train Salandit.

9 hours ago, terminoob said:

Is it really? I kinda wanted to use him as a Crabrawler replacement but Stufful feels impossible to train, and I'm having enough trouble as is trying to train Salandit.

It saved me the entire Totem Mimikyu fight and can take a big hit. It's fantastic.

Just got to Ula'ula

Lv 39 Decidueye

Lv 37 Wishiwashi

Lv 36 Lycanroc

Lv 36 Salazzle

Lv 34 Passimian

Apparently this is the island I finally get my Alola Vulpix so my team will finally be completed.  I'm slightly tempted to replace Wishiwashi with demo Greninja but not completely sold due to how much time I've spent with Wishiwashi.  We shall see.

Just got to Ula'ula as well.

Raichu: Lv. 33
Araquanid: Lv. 32
Crabrawler: Lv. 30
Salazzle: Lv. 35
Sandygast: Lv. 32

Gotta do a bit of training, I think. Also gotta figure out a sixth member, but I have zero clue what I should be using. Guess I'll wait and see what pops up.

Right now, I'm getting ready for the Pokemon League. Team update, along with three new additions to it:

Decidueye: Lv 50
Mudsdale: Lv 50
Wishiwashi: Lv 49
Espeon: Lv 49
Kommo-o: Lv 49
Sneasel: Lv 49

-In the end, I decided to replace Slowpoke with Espeon, until post-game when I am able to get Slowking and the Trick Room TM.
-I dunno if I'm able to get the Razor Claw post-game or before post-game, but if I can't, it'll be while until I can get myself a Weavile.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Finishing up on Poni Island. Still having a bit of team trouble, so I've just resorted to rotating out when I need to. 

Raichu: Lv. 48
Bewear: Lv. 44
Salazzle: Lv. 41
Palossand: Lv. 42
Araquanid: Lv. 40
Ninetales: Lv. 37

And I've got Golisopod, Tsareena, Dugtrio, Exeggutor, Golem, Ribombee, and Crabrawler (I think a snowy area is coming up, so hopefully I'll have Crabominable soon) on rotation. Gonna do a bit on grinding before I progress so I can get Mudsdale and Toucannon, and I still wanna go find Komala, Mimikyu, and Mareanie before moving on in the story. Really really love the Pokemon this generation a lot. That tutorial was brutal but after that ended this game got amazing.

Played the fuck out of the game on Tuesday (like over 12 hours straight) so I beat the league two nights ago using pretty much the same team, and this is where they were/are now coming out of it.

z7GFD3Ih.jpg

I can vouch that Bewear has been a goddamn monster since I got it. It saved me the Totem Mimikyu battle and it ohko'd the fuck out of kukui's Snorlax. Right now I've just been going around catching stuff I neglected to catch like Passimian, Vulpix, Wimpod and Turtonator etc before really diving into post game stuff.

• Like 1

I finished Pokemon Sun and Moon last night, and I can, in all honesty, say this is now my favorite game in the series. What a step up from Pokemon X and Y.

While I do have criticisms like the first island being ridden with tutorials, when this game picked up, it fucking picked up. The game never felt rushed to me, and it always felt that Alola was booming with detail, creativity, and everything. I loved the Asian-themed towns, and the other environments, like the beach cities, the resort, and i felt like the island system was a nice way for the creators to become really creative with their environments. Alola felt like it was booming with creativity as I said, unlike Kalos, which was probably the most uninspired region yet in my opinion. Maybe it was because of the plot, but I felt that was one of my least favorite, if not my least favorite actual region yet.

First I would like to go over the Pokedex. While it's not over 100 new Pokemon, I thought it was great. Some of my new favorites include Incineroar, Primarina, Bewear, Ribombee, and those are just Pokemon I used. I can't wait to use some of the other mons, such as Mimikyu and Golisopod. Kalos Pokedex is something I can past as it had good mons and I feel there was a reason it was so small, just to make way for using all sorts of different Pokemon from previous games.

For story, Pokemon Sun and Moon is a step in the right direction. The big reason was the villains. Holy hell do I LOVE Team Skull. Probably my favorite villains yet, in all honesty. Here's the thing. I love Team Plasma and Galactic's big goals, and I thought they were great villians, but Team Skull was much more faithful to Team Rocket. They have no big goal like world domination or are super rich or classy or anything, they're just thugs that like to mess with people. And that makes them all the more breath of fresh air, as recent Pokemon villains are more serious. I'm not saying I dislike serious villains or general villains  i'm all for them in Pokemon games, but just try to make them original, which Team Flare was not. And Team Skull's street thug, almost rapper (Come on, Guzma's big gold chain!) personalities along with street lingo makes them a blast to watch, although they still pose a threat in the officials taking things seriously (Gladion especially, easily my favorite character in the entire game)

And the Aether Foundation was great. Besides Ghetsis, Lusamine might be the most intimidating villain yet. I mean, she CRYOGENICALLY FREEZES POKEMON SO THEY CAN STAY WITH HER, TREATS HER KIDS LIKE OBJECTS, AND ONLY CARES ABOUT THE WORMHOLE AND ULTRA BEASTS. Also her design is one that can be seen as EVIL or GOOD, take that fucking LYSANDRE, THE GUY WHO WAS SO FUCKING BLATANTLY FROM TEAM FLARE..... sorry i fucking hate team flare with a burning passion.

I even enjoyed Lillie a lot. A trainer who has a nice dependency on you, and is struggling with finding out about her mother's tyranny and trying to face her fears. I really thought she was a great character.

And Gladion...... FAVORITE FUCKING CHARACTER IN THE GAME, AND MAYBE EVEN IN THE SERIES! God, I LOVE EVERYTHING about this guy. His edgelord design instantly stuck with me and i loved his mysterious, kind of emo, attitude at the start and then when he had to team up with you, Hau, and Lillie to save Lillie and stop her mother is when he got to really shine. I love how even after that he doesn't have a grasp on his feelings, but he constantly pretends that you and him are just accquaitences, but he admires you and shows you that. I enjoyed every second this guy was on screen, and I'm glad to cosplay him to an upcoming convention. (Really, I'm gonna do it!)

If there's one criticism i have... It's Hau. He was just your average friendly rival who was super happy and excited and jumpy, which was already in Barry in Gen 4, but Barry's naive attitude along with how impatient he was made him a good character. Hau.... really wasn't that. He was just super happy and excited and friendly and all this stuff without really any character progression at all, while Lillie and Gladion changed quite a bit. I really wish we could have another rival like Gary or the guy from G/S/C/HG/SS, but I don't know about that. I even thought Hugh was a step in the right direction. Yeah, he was your friend, but he had this angry feel to his character due to Team Plasma and was super competitive made him an interesting character.

Anyways I'm done typing. Maybe I'll type something more coherent later.

Decided to start Pokémon Moon.  Right now here is my team getting ready to challenge Hala on Tutorial Island:

Level 20 Brionne

Level 20 Magnemite

Yeah I decided to try training a Magnemite for the first time in my years of playing Pokémon.  Love his defensive abilities.  Brionne is okay although I already miss my Rowlet days in Sun. Definitely the better of the two and we'll see when I decide to use Litten whenever that may be. 

As for who else I plan to have on my team?  I definitely want a Sandygast/Pallosand because its ability Water Compaction is amazing.  Definitely going to get a Bewear.  I'm going to do another first time training with Sneasel/Weavile, can't believe it's taken me so long on that one.  Last spot is up for grabs, but considering Alola Exeggutor for the hell of it.