• Advertisement

Pokemon, bitch

terminoob

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 8.41.49 PM.png

Been playing Pokemon since Yellow came out and for the first time I'm foregoing using a starter, so this is gonna be a bit strange. I'm disappointed in the designs across the board, so once I snag myself a Pichu/Pikachu (whichever it is that pops up) I'm boxing whatever it is I chose. I knew from the get-go I wanted A-Raichu, but everything else was super difficult because I love so many Pokemon this gen. This team is just me spit-balling ideas to myself because I have no idea what to do, so for all I know my final team is gonna look super different from this. All I know is I want one Alolan form (being Raichu), and the rest are gonna be straight Gen 7s. Komala and Passimian are probably locked in as well - other three slots are up for grabs. Might switch Araquanid for Golisopod, might swap Palossand for Dhelmise, might swap Salazzle for Toxapex (especially because Salandit only evolves if it's a female and the gender ratio is skewed towards male so I might get impatient). Might try to fit in Lycanroc or Ribombee or Crabominable. Who knows. This gen is gonna be so good.

So far, this is what my dream team looks like (no picture, the system doesn't work for my computer/browser. So I had to study the Alola Pokedex roster.):

Spoiler

Decidueye
Wishiwashi
Mudsdale
Kommo-o
Braviary
Weavile

Seriously can't wait until Sun/Moon come out.

Edited by Steel Sponge

On 11/13/2016 at 7:42 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Just a heads up, Goodra's exclusive to Moon and A-Ninetails and Passimian are both exclusive to Sun.

3 hours ago, terminoob said:
  Hide contents

Just a heads up, Goodra's exclusive to Moon and A-Ninetails and Passimian are both exclusive to Sun.

Yeah, I know. My sister owns a 3DS and she lets me use it to trade Pokemon among my games if i ask her, so I have no worries.

11 minutes ago, SpongeBob's Favorite Fighter said:

I'm not sure if I've said it here before or not, but, I hate Pokémon...

Then what is the purpose in posting here?

Like, I mean, it's alright if you come here stating why you dislike Pokemon and giving a somewhat decent explanation of why, but I don't see the point in just coming here just to say you dislike Pokemon. Whatever though

Edited by CyanideFishbone

10 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Then what is the purpose in posting here?

Like, I mean, it's alright if you come here stating why you dislike Pokemon and giving a somewhat decent explanation of why, but I don't see the point in just coming here just to say you dislike Pokemon. Whatever though

Okay.  I'll say why: I just have never liked it and I don't know why!  I just don't like it!  Is that good enough?

3 hours ago, SpongeBob's Favorite Fighter said:

Okay.  I'll say why: I just have never liked it and I don't know why!  I just don't like it!  Is that good enough?

It's fine, I just don't see much of a point in commenting here if that's the case. Whatever though

In another note I have to replace Bewear with Crabominable on my team I'm using through Moon (I'm getting Moon tomorrow, and using Litten) because according to Pokemondb, the only levels you can catch Bewear is in the LATE 50's, and to get Stufful you have to fucking BREED Bewear.

NOTE- I'm replacing Crabominable with Lycanroc and Vikavolt with Oranguru. I think they're better choices for a physical and special attacker.

NOTE 2- This was all pointless since Serebii says Stufful is on Route 8. Guess I'm back to my original team, but I'm replacing Vikavolt with Clefable as my final team adjustment. I really don't like how late Vikavolt evolves.

2 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

This has been fantastic so far, holy shit.

Really? It felt like the entirety of the first island was a massive tutorial that took, like, at least two hours. There were so many cutscenes and dialogue and I couldn't believe how slowly everything was progressing. Not to mention how often Kukui, Lillie, and Hua keep popping up. Like, holy crap, I started to hate all of them before I even got to Route 2, and by the time I was done with the first island I didn't want to ever see any of them again. The battles are fun and the trials are neat and the captains/kahunas are cool, but, jeez, it always feels like there's so much dragging me out of the game. Not to mention the infuriatingly low-encounter rates for the Alola Pokemon. Cutiefly took me like 10 minutes to find because of all the Spearows and Growlithes. I get that they didn't make a lot of them so they have to pad the game with a bunch of other Pokemon, but they could've at least made the encounter rates a smidge higher than the older gen Pokemon. I don't wanna sift through 15 Roggenrollas and 10 Carbinks to get 1 Rockruff, I just want to get a Rockruff.

That said, the new Pokemon are all great, the environments are great, Team Skull is hilarious and amazing, and I really hope the storyline and the gameplay itself gets a lot better because I want to like these games so much but all this dialogue is such a drag.

• Like 2

I just finished my first trial and think the game's really getting started now, but I'd agree the first couple hours were rough. So many cutscenes, just let me play! Maybe I've just got worse at this game since it's been a while but I feel like things are (ever so slightly) harder this time around, which is a nice surprise.

It took me five hours to get past the first island since I kept stopping to use the internet just to figure out where the hell the Pokémon I want are.  It's frustrating, yet I am having a good time.  I just wish there was a way to skip all the endless cut scenes and tedious dialogue because as termi said, I'm already getting sick of Lillie in particular since I keep having to drop everything I'm doing to do her side quests.  That being said, I FINALLY caught one of the Pokémon I wanted in Rockruff to go along with my Dartrix.  Yes, I was holding out the entire first island with pretty much my starter Pokemon in my party getting all the focus with a few side pieces just because a few someones needed to fill the gaps in case I got screwed over.  I am having fun though so that's something because if this were any other game series, I would be fed up with it by now but the game really should be getting started now that I'm on the second island.  Just please...I beg you Game Freak...provide me more of my potential team sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, Clappy said:

It took me five hours to get past the first island since I kept stopping to use the internet just to figure out where the hell the Pokémon I want are.  It's frustrating, yet I am having a good time.  I just wish there was a way to skip all the endless cut scenes and tedious dialogue because as termi said, I'm already getting sick of Lillie in particular since I keep having to drop everything I'm doing to do her side quests.  That being said, I FINALLY caught one of the Pokémon I wanted in Rockruff to go along with my Dartrix.  Yes, I was holding out the entire first island with pretty much my starter Pokemon in my party getting all the focus with a few side pieces just because a few someones needed to fill the gaps in case I got screwed over.  I am having fun though so that's something because if this were any other game series, I would be fed up with it by now but the game really should be getting started now that I'm on the second island.  Just please...I beg you Game Freak...provide me more of my potential team sooner rather than later.

I was really kinda ticked at how relatively long it took before you could get Rockruff, especially because if you took all the cutscenes and tutorials and sidequests out of it, it'd only take, like, at most 45 minutes of gameplay to reach Ten Carat Hill. But instead they padded it with all this junk and it took a number of hours instead.

Also, same boat with checking to see where the Pokemon are. I never have any clue where the Alolan Pokemon are because I just keep running into Gen 1-6 Pokemon. Fomantis and Dewpider in particular were both hard to find because I'd just never run into them and I'd have to keep checking Serebii and going "wait - no, this can't be right, they HAVE to be somewhere else". Found both of them eventually, but yeesh that was rough.

Just cleared the first trial on the second island and it's already much more enjoyable than the first island. Much less being sidetracked and much more just playing the game. SOS Battles are the one nitpick I have, just because it's super annoying when my Pokemon goes last and gets hit with, like, two attacks or two Smokescreens or two whatever in a row, but they're pretty helpful for finding Pokemon. Getting a female Salandit was super painless with that.

There were WAY too many tutorials on the first island holy shit although I perservered through it. They should really make those optional, but the trials have been fine. I'm on the 2nd island and it's been a lot better. Love the environments too.

Also Team Skull is hysterical. And I love everything about Gladion. I adore his design and he's literally the first emo Pokemon character