• Advertisement

203b. Salsa Imbecilicus

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade this episode?

• 5/5 Idiots: I don't understand that question.
    • 4/5 Idiots: I got the best taste in town!
    • 3/5 Idiots: This morning, everyone seems as dumb as traffic cones.
    • 2/5 Idiots: Plankton, you look like the cheese that fell off a cracker.
    • 1/5 Idiots: You're not boiling your underpants again, are you?

(No promo image available at this time) 

Premieres

Friday, July 15th @ 5:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

Sandy must save the day when a freak accident causes everyone in town to become as stupid as Patrick.

Clips:

N/A

Kaz wrote this episode. Note: This was originally titled "Idiot Sauce".

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, More said:

Maybe this is just the title of the Spanish dub? It literally translates to "Sauce Imbecile"

This is actually the legit new title of it, Vincent confirmed it on twitter. The title is in Latin.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

So it was sorta like the rest of the series didn't matter and it was a new beginning, interesting dynamic there. Weird how they didn't educate Patrick at all though if it'd be that easy. :P

Also Plankton playing a role was interesting here, I can't believe it worked as well as it did, and we sorta got to see Plankton go to college. I'll give this a bit more credit than Food Con, but I'll definitely need to re-watch maybe 5 times to get a hold of it.

This is a noteworthy episode, if for no other reason than Bikini Bottom now officially has a university! Kind of ironic, how Plankton, for all his bragging of having went to college, didn't even TRY to become smart again! Not only did Plankton's plan backfire, it backfired BIG time! Enough said!

This episode was a lot better than I thought it was would be. I liked seeing Sandy and Karen working together, and how Plankton (the smartest of everyone who originally went to college) became a delinquent who remained stupid. It was also funny how Patrick became a janitor at the university and they didn't even try to make him smart.

I honestly liked this episode. Not sure if it was my favorite of the week, but it was definitely the funniest of the week. The plot was different, and it went a different route that I wasn't expecting, but in a good way. I liked the whole university twist to it, and dumb Plankton was lulzy. 

Also, this was the first time in the whole series Sandy and Karen have ever interacted, so that's cool.

Grade: B+ or A-

• Confused 1

This wasn't the funniest of the week, but it's rather very clever (how ironic). The direction Kaz have taken was really intruguing and that's a huge props to him. I loved loved loved Sandy's inteactions with Karen, such a fresh way to see two characters, who don't interact much, interacting more. Another thing i loved about this is that how ironic I found that Plankton saying he went to college before but he didn't graduate from Sandy's college and he is still dumb at the end lol. Oh and the twist at the end was just so unexpected and clever, I loved it. My msin issue with this ep is that some of gags felt repetitive for me, i mean yeah, they are supposed to be dumb but most of time the dumb stuff were them just hurting each other or making noises and not enough clever gags revolving around their stupidity (The Futurama ep "The Day Earth stood Stupid" had similar thing but there were more clever gags about their stupidity imo). I can still forgive cuz some of them were a bit amusing and direction Kaz have taken was so well-done. Such a cool eppie imo.

Grade: A-

• Sad 1

The dumb designs for them were weird but it's pretty cool seeing Karen and Sandy interact again. (They did in Perfect Chemistry and Frozen Face-Off a little bit.) And it was a twist to see Plankton affected as well. I liked the laugh track at the beginning but Patrick licking Plankton's butt was quite weird. That scene with dumb Plankton and Krabs was funny. This has to be one of the weirdest twists episodes that literally went from average to weird in a great way. I just wish that this school plot was longer.

"If you must know, I made sauce. But. When I add Patrick's DNA to it, it will become Salsa Imbecilicus. Idiot Sauce! I'll serve it to Krabs and it'll make him so dumb, he'll just give me the secret formula." - Plankton

This episode was different, very different. The plot is Plankton makes sauce with Patrick's DNA to feed to Mr. Krabs to make him an idiot so he can give him the formula, but his plans go terribly wrong, and everyone in Bikini Bottom becomes an idiot, except for Sandy and Karen. I give Kaz credit, this was a very interesting plot and could've made a great episode. But, it didn't. The problem with this episode is, it's just so boring, the pacing feels very slow in this episode, and there seems to be little to no jokes. There are some good things about it but, it has more negatives than positives. I feel like it would've been more interesting if Sandy and Karen calculated a new sauce to feed to everybody in the town to make them smart again, but instead they basically start a high school and teach all the Bottomites to be smart again. This episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, it's more of a mediocre episode. I would recommend it if you think it sounds interesting, but if the episode doesn't sound interesting to you, odds are it won't be. Overall I would give this episode a 4/10, and it is my least favorite of the July 2016 premiere week and the second half of Season 9 so far.

latest?cb=20160716084422

Edited by Invincibubble

This is one of the most infantile episodes of the series, I don't understand how anyone can tolerate this, much less like it. Haha, the fish being dumb is so funny, haha Patrick licking Plankton is so meme worthy. The story is so sloppy, so idiotic. Giving Pat the Horse credit, the "work him like a horse" line is funny, this honestly has nothing. This is where Kaz's writing started declining, and his first true mistake.

10 minutes ago, hippythehippo said:

This is one of the most infantile episodes of the series, I don't understand how anyone can tolerate this, much less like it. Haha, the fish being dumb is so funny, haha Patrick licking Plankton is so meme worthy. The story is so sloppy, so idiotic. Giving Pat the Horse credit, the "work him like a horse" line is funny, this honestly has nothing. This is where Kaz's writing started declining, and his first true mistake.

As someone who really enjoys the episode, I personally don't enjoy it on it's comedic merits (Because the comedy is incredibly dumbed down), but rather on it's fascinating storyline, including the unique pairing of Karen/Sandy.

• Like 1