• Advertisement

198b. CopyBob DittoPants

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Clones: I always wanted a twin brother!
    • 4/5 Clones: I really am dreaming!
    • 3/5 Clones: What's your name, handsome stranger?
    • 2/5 Clones: I said whatever.
    • 1/5 Clones: There's one explanation: I'm still in bed, and I'm having a nightmare!

(No promo image available at this time) 

Premieres

Thursday, May 5th @ 5:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, May 7th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Plot:

Plankton clones SpongeBob to steal the secret formula, but his plans may be ruined by the original SpongeBob.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid

Basic clone plot. Basic Krusty Krab shenanigans.

I guess it was nice that they took more time to have Spongebob/Plankton interact, both at the beginning and them getting to talk about what happened at the end without Krab interference.

• Like 2

This episode was alright. It was nothing special, and felt like a standard S7/S8-esque Plankton episode, but at least the concept was something new. The beginning with SpongeBob at the Chum Bucket was random, but at least it got straight to the plot. Squidward's "dreaming" subplot seemed unnecessary, but I got a chuckle out of some of it. I did like the touch of SpongeBob and Plankton interacting more as well, especially with their heartfelt conversation at the end. I'm not sure why Mr. Krabs didn't ask where all of the SpongeBob clones came from though, but oh well. 

Grade: B

It was pretty decent. The beginning was a little rushed I thought but it didn't drag too long at least. I thought Squidward's "I'm in a dream" subplot was rather annoying and got old sans him pulling down Mr. Krabs pants which got a chuckle out of me. Otherwise, it was a standard Chum Bucket/steal the formula episode and it was a decent one at that. 6.5/10

• Like 1

This was incredible. I really loved this one. It was better than previous three episodes. A lot of gags hit me hard, especially Squidward thinking it's dream. Yeah it was pretty out of place but I enjoyed the gag more than Squidward running for ice cream in The Fishbowl. I loved the premise and I was surprised they've never done something like this before. Plankton cloning SpongeBob was pretty genius, yet it backfired with really funny results. Patrick's cameo was pretty funny as well. One of my favorites from season 9 for sure.

Grade: A

It was a really great episode. I thought Plankton cloning SpongeBob was a great idea. I really liked his funny line of "This is why I never had children." I also enjoyed the little conversation he and SpongeBob had at the end.

Holy crud, SB's design looks really s4ish, this is a cool throw-back. Like literally I'm just really noticing the smoothness and off model faces. Nugs is gonna die from this animation and hey where's paper jam dipper 

"You see this is why I've never had children." Oh my god, between this and hinting around about the former Mrs. Krabs, man.

I dunno, I'm enjoying the weirdness that is coming from watching the copies and SB doing strange stuff and Squidward thinking he's dreaming. I feel like Squidward in this. It's really intriguing just by the sci-fi aspects. I'm kinda surprised Krabs is cool with sharing the secret formula info with a bunch of SpongeBobs, but I guess he trusts the original so much that he doesn't mind? I really liked this though, maybe mostly for the beautiful animation but it was just a blast and Patrick's cameo made me laugh. "OS" oh god

5/5 

• Like 1

Say what you will about how the show was in seasons 4-9.1, this officially proves that SB can make an episode just as the best of it's first 3 seasons. Seriously, this is one of my favorite episodes of the series. It could make my top 10 or even top 5. It's very very funny, I laughed at pretty much every gag the episode had to offer. The whole thing just worked on so many levels and I am glad to see that they're still making episodes that can be up there with the classics like Wet Painters and Pizza Delivery. 12/10

I liked it although it was very predictable/formulaic.

I am shocked they didn't have a gag with Squidward suddenly being able to fly. Very funny too, I was laughing and smiling constantly.

7/10

Sorry I didn't talk about this one yet, I saw this later than all the others due to scheduling and then just put it as a low priority. But I liked this. It's colorful, random, manic fun all the way through. I really loved the subplot of Squidward thinking the whole sequence was a dream, and with all the SpongeBob's running around with how much chaos it caused in the Krusty Krab. However, give it a few weeks, it'd be the episode I'd forget because of its lack of substance. It's energetic but there's very little behind that, and if I wanted more clone mayhem, it was done better in The Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron, Gravity Falls and My Little Pony. 7/10 for me.