• Advertisement

Yearly Tradition: 2016 Kids Choice Awards' Discussion

Clappy

12 hours ago, Clappy said:

Because Chef Gordon Ramsay is so hugable and kid friendly.  Let him go up on stage and tell everyone that their cooking is garbage and that we can all go fuck off.

I just imagined Gordon Ramsay getting the award and saying "Thanks.... BUT THE FOOD ON THE WAY HERE TASTED LIKE FUCKING PISS!"

Honestly Gordon Ramsay getting on it would be some of the funniest stuff i've seen in a long time

Edited by CyanideFishbone

I'm glad they seem to have expanded their categories/choices. The KCA's has been bland for a long time, so it needed a shake up. I just think it's high time Nick hands the KCA's over to Disney, because Nick itself has become an irrelevant mess. It's highly telling that none of their shows or actors (aside from SpongeBob) won an award at 2015's ceremony, and I expect the same to happen again this time.

3 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

I just imagined Gordon Ramsay getting the award and saying "Thanks.... BUT THE FOOD ON THE WAY HERE TASTED LIKE FUCKING PISS!"

Honestly Gordon Ramsay getting on it would be some of the funniest stuff i've seen in a long time

Except he's super nice and down to earth and plays up the anger for ratings. Has anyone here even watched Masterchef Jr, or anything with him that isn't Hell's Kitchen? He's incredibly supportive to kids. He'd probably be super thankful for it and say something about how if kids show a passion for something then they need love and support to help them flourish. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I know Gordon Ramsey is actually a nice person in real life, I just want "Hell's Kitchen" to win just to hear the announcer say "Hell" on a Nick awards show. Hell, they even said it on their goddamn website!

EC3tNut.jpg

Even if they don't say it on the actual KCAs, I still have newfound respect for them for this.

• Like 1

Here's the full list of winners:

Favorite TV Show
The Thundermans

Favorite Family TV Show
The Muppets

Favorite Male TV Star – Kids' Show
Ross Lynch

Favorite Male TV Star – Family Show
Jim Parsons

Favorite Female TV Star – Kids' Show
Zendaya

Favorite Female TV Star – Family Show
Sofia Vergara

Favorite Talent Competition Show
The Voice

Favorite Cooking Show
Cake Boss

Favorite Cartoon
SpongeBob SquarePants (duh)

Favorite Movie
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Favorite Movie Actor
Will Ferrell

Favorite Movie Actress
Jennifer Lawrence

Favorite Animated Movie
Hotel Transylvania 2

Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie
Amy Poehler

Favorite Music Group
Fifth Harmony

Favorite Male Singer
Justin Bieber

Favorite Female Singer
Ariana Grande

Favorite Song of the Year
"Hello" – Adele

Favorite New Artist
Shawn Mendes

Favorite Collaboration
"See You Again" – Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth

Favorite Book
Diary of a Wimpy Kid series

Favorite Video Game
Just Dance 2016

This is why I stopped watching it, cuz I realized that the voting has to be rigged. It's making me agree with Alex Hirsch that SpongeBob is being unfair. As much as I LOVE SpongeBob, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are my top favorite shows and I think one of them deserves to win an award.

Also Justin Bieber as Favorite Male Singer? Kids can't be that dumb. 

Edited by NegiSpongie

I was unsurprised that Gravity Falls lost to SpongeBob. Spite being a SpongeBob fan, I wanted GF to win this year. I wouldn't call this thing rigged though. To make a point, Rugrats had a bit of streak at one point. I mean, Avatar did win once, but there was so many voices from its fans to insure that the show would win. There's just so many kids out there who voted for SpongeBob this year and wanted for him to win, but that's just what I believe in.

Edited by Steel Sponge