• Advertisement

Yearly Tradition: 2016 Kids Choice Awards' Discussion

Clappy

2 hours ago, JCM said:

CdZa2ifUIAA3aqb.jpg

Good to know Gravity Falls fans are taking this well.

Hey, they're just upset that their favorite show lost to a show that's much more directed at the target audience of the KCA's. :(

Seriously though, bemused as I am that Spongebob won for the umpteenth time, it does not in any way mean that the awards are rigged. It makes perfect sense that Spongebob keeps winning because one, most of the kids who vote in the KCA's also actively watch Nickelodeon because Nick is the channel that hosts the awards, two, most kids hate variety and likely don't watch many other kids shows besides it, three, Spongebob is very geared towards its target audience, kids aged 6-11, very likely the same crowd of kids who vote for it every year, and four, a lot of the kids who vote for Spongebob probably look at Spongebob as their icon, the "team" they play for every year.

And yes, ftr, I know most of you already know or surmised all of this, I just wanted to condense it to my best ability.

I've gotta say, it would be pretty fun if the kids had to actually (and I mean, actually) watch the other cartoons before voting. That would make things more interesting.

Edited by Metal Snake

Wumbo and Clappy's Gordon Ramsay book comments were the best thing about this thread.

Is it bad I didn't even know who DNCE was until the KCA's. Also I'm in favor of both sides of the "KCA's rigged SB" theory. I mean 8 years in a row is just silly, even if kids are actually voting for just SB they need to get out more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I still wonder why they chose DNCE to perform. Cake By the Ocean isn't really a song for kids lmao

A lot of pop songs today aren't kid friendly if you  think about it :P 

14 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I still wonder why they chose DNCE to perform. Cake By the Ocean isn't really a song for kids lmao

Well, seeing as Hell's Kitchen of all shows was nominated, I don't even think they care about what's kid-friendly anymore.