• Advertisement

Season 9.1: Best Episode Tournament: Squid Defense vs. Squid Baby

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

So, here's an interesting idea I got from another forum that I want to try, in an attempt to increase activity from SpongeBob Games. Using challonge.com, I've made a bracket for the first half of Season 9 (179-191), and they have all been randomly matched up against other episodes. I may do other seasons in the future depending how successful this goes, but let's give this a try.

Using said website, the episodes have been randomly placed into a bracket, each in a match. You can all vote on which one is better to make it move on in the bracket. We'll keep voting until we get an overall winner in the final two. I'll give people a day to vote, but I can wait longer if need be. You are also welcome to give your reasoning why you picked said episode just to generate some discussion. Now then...

ROUND 1

n02a20I.jpg?1

VS.

S7pf9n6.png?1

(yeah...this is probably an obvious match. :P 

Winner faces: Squid Plus One in Round 2

Jjs' prediction:

Spoiler

I'm not really a fan of either episode. Squid Defense I feel was wasted potential, and Squid Baby...the less said about, the better. However, if I had to pick one, it'd be Squid Defense, which I think will be the obvious winner for this match.

Now, have fun voting, and once again, everyone is welcome to give their thoughts here on both episodes.

haha *gets ready to be teared to shreds*

I'm one of the few members or only maybe who never hated Squid Baby. It's just even though it's a weird set up (Squidward gets brain damaged and wears a diaper which SB almost changes at the end) I just find it interesting. Like it's if Rock-a-Bye Bivalve had a morbid and interesting twist where instead Squidward is the baby. Squid Defense just fells kinda dull to me. We've got the whole message of not abusing your power from Sandy and yet another karate story. It just isn't that memorable or fun to me as would SB and Patrick's hijinks with Squidward are. Heck, I'd take The Way of the Sponge over Squid Defense. Sure Squid Baby towards the ending with the Krusty Krab was somewhat painful with Mr. Krabs lack of caring as always and the whole diaper changing scene. But it reminds me of S6 vs S7, where S6 has a disturbing plot BUT at least it draws you in aka Squid Baby and most of S7 where it's not really gross but it is generally boring. I think only the ending of Squid Baby declined imo. Guess it's just really a person preference since I'm not big on Sandy in these late seasons. 

then again I haven't seen Squid Defense in a while

Edited by Cha

5 minutes ago, Cha said:

Heck, I'd take Walking the Sponge over Squid Defense.

Walking the Sponge, what a strange title. *checks episode list* It definitely doesn't exist. Which episode are you referring to here? Walking the Plankton or The Way of the Sponge?

2 minutes ago, MrTortellini00 said:

Walking the Sponge, what a strange title. *checks episode list* It definitely doesn't exist. Which episode are you referring to here? Walking the Plankton or The Way of the Sponge?

yeah I edited it a few minutes ago and meant to say The Way of The Sponge, sorry I'm not feeling that well today

2 minutes ago, jjsthekid said:

Question: Would people prefer if I did this daily, or do you want me to wait 2-3 days after I post Match B? Since we got 16 votes (so far) in a day, I don't know if we'll need more time, but just asking to see what you guys think.

If we already get so many votes in only a day, it's better if it's done daily. I don't think that many people are going to vote after 3 days, but I could be wrong