• Advertisement

Guilty Pleasure Movies/Music

MrColeslaw

Cars 2. I know people hate it for making Mater the main character. Yeah, I can see that and the moral was obviously terrible but I enjoyed spy acpect of the movie. It was a fun action flick.

Unpopular Opinion time: Cars 2 is better than the first one because things actually happened.

Music:

Avril Lavigne (first three albums only)

The 1975

Ace of Base

"Coco" - O.T. Genasis

"Everytime We Touch" - Cascada

"50 Ways to Say Goodbye" - Train

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something

"I Just Called to Say I Love You" - Stevie Wonder

Movies:

Cat in the Hat

The Lorax (putting that in there too while I'm at it)

Pokemon: The First Movie

Man of Steel

Edited by Steel Sponge

All of the Mary Kate and Ashley movies.

As for movies, Good Burger and Space Jam are fantastic and no one can tell me otherwise.

Those aren't guilty pleasures. Those are just pleasures.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2015, 12:46:18, Wumbo said:

You're the first person I've ever seen who's said this. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I am curious as to why.

I'll admit that I tried to hate the movie retrospectively. I thought the movie had some really good jokes, which is one reason I stand by my guilty pleasure opinion. I feel guilty for liking a lot of the movie's jokes and because even if I'm aware of how tarnished The Cat In the Hat film is to the original source, I also get some "so bad it's good" vibes from the movie. Does it make sense to you?

Edited by Steel Sponge

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but Boyhood is a frustrating movie.  I get what they are going for and I can respect the risk they took, but so much of the movie drags that if you want to judge it, it's a good home movie because that's what it is.  But it's not a good movie when it comes to basic storytelling.  Which is why I don't understand the high praise.

29 minutes ago, Clappy said:

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but Boyhood is a frustrating movie.  I get what they are going for and I can respect the risk they took, but so much of the movie drags that if you want to judge it, it's a good home movie because that's what it is.  But it's not a good movie when it comes to basic storytelling.  Which is why I don't understand the high praise.

Wait, how is that a guilty pleasure movie for you? Cuz you didn't say "it was so bad but I still enjoyed it", kind of way. :P

Edited by WhoBob