• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2015 Edition!

Wumbo

I highly disagree with the fact that Pizza Delivery wasn't a character-building episode. Yeah, it had an original plot, but it also really built up the relationship between the two main characters of the episode.

• Like 1

I LOVE Pizza Delivery to the point where I almost made it my #1 episode, but #2 is just as good a spot for it on my list. :P It does a great job of exploring the SpongeBob/Squidward dynamic, Krusty Krab Pizza is a classic, and it still cracks me up as much as it did when I was a kid.

I highly disagree with the fact that Pizza Delivery wasn't a character-building episode. Yeah, it had an original plot, but it also really built up the relationship between the two main characters of the episode.

You have a point. What I meant was that the episode didn't have to build the characters and environment, and could instead experiment with the norm it set, unlike previous episodes. But you're right, it did add to Squidward's character.

Like I did with the Worst List, here's a recap for just before the Top 10 hits us. As an edition, though, I'm gonna compare the episode's placements with the last one's, highlight the number one votes, and tally the episodes by season, as well as give predictions.

50. Krabs á la Mode, w/ 53 points on 6 lists (#11 Katniss) New Entry!
49. Texas, w/ 57 points on 4 lists (#1 PatBack) New Entry!
48. Plankton’s Army, w/ 57 points on 5 lists (#1 SB_DW) New Entry!
47. Fear of a Krabby Patty, w/ 58 points on 3 lists (#1 Steel) Down 14 Spots
46. Squid on Strike, w/ 58 points on 4 lists (#5 NegiSpongie) New Entry!
45. The Two Faces of Squidward, w/ 58 points on 5 lists (#9 SOF) New Entry!
44. Just One Bite, w/ 61 points on 6 lists (#5 Halibut) Down 18 Spots
43. Missing Identity, w/ 62 points on 6 lists (#4 Steel) New Entry!
42. F.U.N., w/ 63 points on 4 lists (#6 4EverGreen) Down 12 Spots
41. The Paper, w/ 63 points on 4 lists (#1 SBLover) New Entry!
40. Dunces and Dragons, w/ 63 points on 5 lists (#3 SOF) New Entry!
39. The Great Snail Race, w/ 64 points on 4 lists (#5 SOF) Up 3 Spots
38. Club SpongeBob, w/ 64 points on 4 lists (#5 Clappy) (Technically tied with #39) Down 33 Spots :S
37. Jellyfish Jam, w/ 68 points on 5 lists (#5 Steel) New Entry!
36. Squidville, w/ 69 points on 6 lists (#1 Omair) New Entry!
35. Something Smells, w/ 70 points on 5 lists (#6 Steel) Down 14 Spots
34. Friend or Foe?, w/ 72 points on 5 lists (#7 Katniss) New Entry!
33. Pranks a Lot, w/ 72 points on 5 lists (#1 4EverGreen) Down 16 Spots
32. Squid’s Day Off, w/ 74 points on 5 lists (#1 Halibut) New Entry!
31. No Free Rides, w/ 80 points on 4 lists (#2 Wumbo and OMJ) New Entry!
30. Ripped Pants, w/ 80 points on 5 lists (#4 Spandyfan and Omair) Down 3 Spots
29. The Algae’s Always Greener, w/ 81 points on 5 lists (#2 4EverGreen) Up 11 Spots
28. SB-129, w/ 81 points on 6 lists (#2 SB_DW) New Entry!
27. Life of Crime, w/ 82 points on 4 lists (#3 Cha and Sir Rockman) Up 8 Spots
26. Big Pink Loser, w/ 86 points on 6 lists (#2 Clappy) Up 18 Spots
25. Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm, w/ 87 points on 5 lists (#2 Spandyfan) Down 13 Spots
24. Imitation Krabs, w/ 87 points on 5 lists (#2 Trophy) (Technically tied with #25) Up 23 Spots
23. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, w/ 93 points on 7 lists (#3 Hayden) Down 7 Spots
22. Wishing You Well, w/ 94 points on 8 lists (#3 Fluttershy (Myself)) New Entry!
21. Plankton’s Pet, w/ 94 points on 9 lists (#7 4EverGreen) New Entry!
20. Krab-Borg, w/ 100 points on 7 lists (#5 Fluttershy (Myself), Katniss, and SpongeBobViewer)  Up 12 Spots
19. Nasty Patty, w/ 111 points on 9 lists (#2 OMJ) Down 6 Spots
18. Welcome to the Chum Bucket, w/ 112 points on 7 lists (#1 Trophy) Up 18 Spots
17. Idiot Box, w/ 115 points on 7 lists (#1 Cha) Down 11 Spots
16. Survival of the Idiots, w/ 125 points on 7 lists (#1 OMJ) Up 32 Spots :D
15. Franken-Doodle, w/ 137 points on 9 lists (#4 Fluttershy (Myself)) New Entry!
14. Snowball Effect, w/ 137 points on 10 lists (#2 Cha) Up 11 Spots
13. Shanghaied, w/ 147 points on 9 lists (#2 PatBack and Milkmaidman) Down 5 Spots
12. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, w/ 148 points on 8 lists (#3 OMJ) Up 27 Spots
11. Pizza Delivery, w/ 152 points on 11 lists (#1 jjsthekid) Same Spot as Last Time

Wow, 17 episodes added since the last one. That's great. Present are 7 Season 1 Episodes, 13 Season 2 Episodes, 13 Season 3 Eppy's, 3 Season 4 Eps, 3 from 5 and a mere one from any season after (Plankton's Pet). Of course it's still kinda sad for later episodes, there's still plenty of variety, and heck, even if I kinda agree with the last list slightly more in some areas, it's not about agreeing it's about diversity. As for what'll come, er, there's your typical Krusty Krab Training Video, Chocolate With Nuts, Band Geeks, and Christmas Who?, and then there's Sailor Mouth, Wet Painters, Krusty Towers, Roller Cowards, The Camping Episode and Dying for Pie, which I find "most likely." Could be something like The Secret Box, No Weenies Allowed, Artist Unknown, Graveyard Shift, Have You Seen This Snail?, maybe Hello Bikini Bottom! has a chance, but obviously predictions are like the lottery here :P.

May as well give my list thus far:

Spoiler

1. TBA
2. TBA

3. Wishing You Well (#22)
4. Frankendoodle (#15)
5. Krab-Borg (#20)
6. TBA
7. TBA

8. TBA
9. TBA

10. The Great Snail Race (#39)

11. Imitation Krabs (#24)
12. TBA (Even if I did reveal this in my last post)
13. TBA

14. Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm (#25)
15. TBA
16. Plankton's Pet (#21)
17. TBA
18. TBA
19. TBA
20. TBA

21. TBA

22. TBA

23. Missing Identity (#43)
24. Welcome to the Chum Bucket (#18)
25. TBA

16 Spots left untouched, 10 still left here. Just have to hope for the best.

And last but not least...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i6RUN9Akuo

Yeah, Pizza Delivery's great.

• Like 3

12: I like it but I didn't think of it as universally loved.

11: This is easily one of the most overrated episodes, like an 8/10 maybe but nowhere close top 50 for me.

• Like 1

12. Holy crap I was waiting for this. It made #7 on my list and it's one of the few episodes that I loved ever since the first time I saw it.

11. However, I did not expect this episode to even make the top 50. I really don't find this one as good as I used to, and it's pretty overrated...

Also, many people have done this, so here's my list so far:

25. ---

24. ---

23. Squid On Strike (#46)

22. ---

21. ---

20. ---

19. ---

18. ---

17. Idiot Box (#17)

16. Nasty Patty (#19)

15. ---

14. ---

13. Imitation Krabs (#24)

12. Pranks A Lot (#33)

11. Just One Bite (#44)

10. Sandy, Spongebob And The Worm (#25)

9. Big Pink Loser (#26)

8. Shanghaied (#13)

7. Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy V (#12)

6. ---

5. Survival Of The Idiots (#16)

4. Squid's Day Off (#32)

3. Life Of Crime (#27)

2. --- (I can almost guarantee you this one won't make the list.)

1. ---

11: This is easily one of the most overrated episodes, like an 8/10 maybe but nowhere close top 50 for me.

11. However, I did not expect this episode to even make the top 50. I really don't find this one as good as I used to, and it's pretty overrated...

The word "overrated" is so overrated.

• Like 9

The word "overrated" is so overrated.

Then how come you use it? I mean I'm not saying it for the heck of it I don't mean I hate them, just not a burning passion as the others do.

I won't comment on everything because my writing sucks but I'll say (lenghty oops) stuff on episodes I particularly care about

Snowball Effect- I was literally 1 from tying with Cha it seems but us two both have had the discussion of the awesomeness about this episode. I actually think it's far superior to Christmas Who, personally, and that's saying a lot because CW is a fantastic episode. This episode managed to put the characters in their true characterizations given to them as early as episodes such as Reef Blower; in this situation, I refer to Squidward trying at first to avoid SpongeBob and Patrick being silly but eventually even freaking them out as he goes psycho in his match to annihilate them with snowballs. I love how SpongeBob was his old little silly self but not purposefully made a completely oblivious idiot either and I love how Patrick was a sophisticated idiot with his own adorable charm. I love how SpongeBob and Patrick had a friendly competition but made it not so friendly and I love how their rivalry involved the curmudgeon and pessimist known as Squidward Tentacles. Outside the amazing jokes, the awesome plotline, the great characterization, and the hawt appearance of Plankton, I love how this episode manages to be a winter themed episode that's not about Christmas. I understand this seems superficial and matters little to you but I never understood why winter was always associated immediately with Christmas and the holidays as the true part doesn't even start until after, let's not kid ourselves. This episode did a great job at showing both parts of the madness (or as psycho people like me call it, fun :P )--Squidward staying indoors and reading a good book at the fireplace and SpongeBob throwing snowballs at everyone--while managing to not even mention Christmas once. If only this could happen way more often than it does. 

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V- Who is E.V.I.L? I do not know him.. I think it actually stands for Every Villian is Lemons from this episode (Thanks for the name, you Season 3 classic). To be quite truthful, I've pretty much always enjoyed this episode more than its sister partner. The prospect of nearly every character being involved and absolutely failing to use their powerups to defeat a bubble will forever be classic to me. Also my little curious child brain who wondered about dirty things way more than an 8 year old should totally loved the idea of Makeout Reef. (; And like many episodes of the time, the jokes were too funny and common to not appreciate even if you're like me and don't have a soul.

Plankton's Pet- SPOT <333 That's literallyall I can say... the rest is answered for us. I also found it really cute when Patrick was a dog at the pet shop--I don't mind when he's exremely dumb when it;s only for small moments especially considering his really dumb but short moments are some of his most adorable moments. 

• Like 3

I may not be commentating on every episode after it gets posted but if I see the word "overrated" one more time...

Like seriously, I feel that word gets dropped after every single countdown reveal the last ten-fifteen rounds. At least provide insight why you think it's overrated because otherwise it's just you saying "it's good but it's overrated". That is a meaningless comment because I'm curious as to what aspect's you find overrated about the episode. Otherwise, it's just pointless to even post.

Can't wait for the Top 10 btw.

• Like 8

All right guys, welcome to the Top 10! The most overrated of the overrated best of the best! Here we go...

10. "Night, night, night, night, night, night, night, night, n-n-n-n-n-night, NIGHT!"

Hervy.png

Graveyard Shift, 164 points

(10 of 26 lists. Highest Ranking: #4, Trophy)

Mr. Krabs is inspired by a group of interested customers to lengthen the hours of the Krusty Krab to late at night, leaving an anticipating SpongeBob and a chagrined, irritated Squidward to work a night shift. Exasperated with his boss's demands, Squidward spins a horror tale with the intentions of shattering SpongeBob's enthusiasm over the legendary "Hash-Slinging Slasher", a former fry cook employed by the restaurant during the night shift, who inadvertently sliced off his own arm and was killed by a transportation bus late one night. He cautions SpongeBob about the multiple warning indications signaling the ghost's impending arrival.

Although Squidward manages to reassure a petrified SpongeBob that his story is fiction, the two employees are alarmed by the strange, coincidental occurrences paralleling the fictitious omens surrounding the murderous Hash-Slinging Slasher (such as flickering lights and repetitive anonymous telephone calls remaining unanswered). SpongeBob insists that these are clear indications of paranormal activity, whereas a dubious Squidward dismisses them as meaningless, until the warning signs continue recurring and reappearing, matching those described in the ghost story.

Finally, a mysterious, dark silhouette appears at the road outside the Krusty Krab matching Squidward's description of the Hash-Slinging Slasher. Both horrified men immediately realize that they are experiencing genuine supernatural events. Panicking and screaming, they are relieved when the strange, unidentified figure enters the restaurant with the intentions of applying for a fry cook position at the Krusty Krab, revealing that he had constantly tried contacting the establishment by telephone, but had hung up out of nervousness. The flickering lights were credited to the antics of Count Orlok of the 1922 silent film Nosferatu, with whom the characters are inexplicably familiar.

Trophy: This is the only highly loved one (at least UNIVERSALLY I have my other choices that would kill some of you :P) on here for me, and there are plenty of reasons why. First off Mr. Krabs says he has a life, when that's obviously false here, the setup for the main plot works off after all. The gags are quite funny throughout the what feels like an endless night, but they can be a tad bit annoying so if it weren't for them being a tad bit annoying I'd have it in my top 3, like I can't listen to one thing forever. Besides that this episode has tons of more in store, with the 3 AM gags, nosferatu (rip Floorboard Harry) and then the whole slash slinging tongue twister joke, just to find it's a guy without references. :P Honestly this episode is easily known for its' memorable gags and an interesting plot line, it tends to drag at some points and that's all I can say about negatives, they're made up for. Now I'm going to hide in my underground bunker, see you next time a list is made. :P

JCM: This was such a crazy episode, and I'm so glad it made the top ten. It has a relatively simple concept (Mr. Krabs opens the Krusty Krab for 24 hours), but the fun visual gags and clever writing make it an episode that's endlessly entertaining and a perfect example of the show firing on all cylinders. It's only one of three season two episodes in my top ten and one of two in my top five. I'll always love season three more, but episodes like this show that comparing the two seasons is like comparing The Godfather Parts I and II. You have two great but different entities with their own strengths and weaknesses that are better viewed together than alone. Graveyard Shift doesn't have as much heart as other great season two episodes, like Dying for Pie and Christmas Who?, but it makes up for it by being the funniest episode of the season by far. The ending alone is one of the most beautifully absurd moments I've witnessed in a television episode, and if the first ten minutes didn't guarantee it a spot on my list, the cameo by the source of my SBM username certainly did.

PatBack: Nearly all shows have bottle episodes to some extent, some more than others. SpongeBob is a master of these, and it isn't presented anywhere better than here. I mean, with an exception of two sequences, we never leave the Krusty Krab! But, like a lot of this show's best episodes, it manages to pull off simplicity with accuracy.. The plot is very thin, yet they manage to put little gags in there that make the episode feel all the more alive. With good atmosphere, great and memorable lines, and a hilariously absurd ending, it's a well-done segment. /end

Wumbo: I love Krusty Krab episodes that don't have some big ongoing elaborate scheme, either from Mr. Krabs to get more customers or Plankton to steal the formula. In this one, you don't even see Mr. Krabs after the first few minutes, despite his kickstarting the plot. I think that's why I prefer this one vastly over Fear of a Krabby Patty. While FOAKP is indeed hilarious and one of the standouts of Season 4, I really admire this episode for just letting the characters of SpongeBob and Squidward breathe. They work off of each other perfectly. The Hash-Slinging Slasher story is still hilarious, all the nuances that go into telling it and all the subtle details that make the storytelling environment realistic ("Dude, can I have some ketchup?") - it's a masterpiece in writing. This whole episode is, really. It's paced well and the payoff at the end is just absolutely hysterical. Classic SpongeBob, in my Top 25, what more can I say? Go watch it again.

• Like 6

This was so close to makin my list and part of me wishes I had put it on there, but oh well. You would think this episode would have low replay value after the reveal at the end but the suspense and jokes are still great.

• Like 1