• Advertisement

Xat Changes

Guest ssj4gogita4

Guest ssj4gogita4

This is a pointless load of steaming horsecrap, but i'll comply. It's not like imposters are gonna kill/ruin the xat, but whatever.

Imposters make it more stressful in the xat and we don't need that.

There is. I'll be banned.

Let's just ban you now and get it over with. :D

Well, what happens if someone signs after Augest 1?

That's where the 3 chances rule comes into play. When an owner/mod see you are no logged in to xat with a registered name, you will be asked to register one. If you don't comply, you'll be banned 24 hours. The next time will be 48 hours. The last time will be permabanned.

Oh, and registering is easier than everyone makes it out to be.

but what if someone's new?

And why Augest 1?

1 they register

2 BECAUSE THEY SAID SO THE STAFF KNOWS ALL AND MAKES NO MISTAKES AND EVERYTHING THEY DO IS GREAT AND HELPS US!

Guest ssj4gogita4

but what if someone's new?

And why Augest 1?

It gives at least a 2-week notice, which is standard for anything in the real world involving a job or something. It's just enough time to register.

What is Xat? Also If I don't register, I'll be banned from SBC?

The xat is our place to chat. And no, you won't be banned on SBC. But if you do come to the xat by August and aren't registered you'll probably be banned.

I don't find this necessary at all. I mean you could ban a REAL member by accident who hasn't been on xat recently which logs out their account and for some reason xat wont send you an email for a loss password. So yeah this would just be worse we're fine as it is now.

Trophy, we will give people a chance to log into their account. People are not going to be insta-banned on arrival. :P

• Like 1

Guest ssj4gogita4

Ok, let me further explain the situation.

I started mentioning this to the staff a few months ago and it didn't really get discussed all that much. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when an owner brings to my attention that the amount of unregistered names has been growing and will continue to grow until something is done about it. So, I started another topic about the discussion for making xat a registered username place so we can really know who is who (by ID number). Most were in agreement so I had the Loyal Customers group (aka Board Reps) vote on it and it was passed with the majority voting in favor of making it required to register for the sbc xat.

The reason why we are doing this is because there are so many multiple accounts from users that it's hard to keep track of who is who anymore. There is more likely to be an increase in the number of imposters without some sort of rule. So, we came up with this.

If you have not registered a username on the sbc xat by August 1, you will NOT be banned until after the first warning from an owner/mod. You will be given x amount of time, probably 24 hours, to get a registered name. If after 24 hours you have not, you will be banned for 24 hours on the xat only. The second warning of you not registering, you will be banned 48 hours from the xat only. The third warning of you not registering, you will be permabanned from the xat only.

If you do not attend the xat, you will NOT be banned on sbc forums. These (xat & forums) are two separate things.