• Advertisement

Clappy’s New Crap Cinema

Clappy

You should watch "The 41 Year Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It" it sounds like perfect review material

Like I said Sex, if you can tell me where to find it, I'll review it.  Having watched the trailer, I bet I can find it in a trash can. :P

Also, coming soon to a review thread near you.  Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm thankful that I am taking on one of my least favorite movies of all time.

Spoiler

• Like 4

So after much pondering, I think I have decided on what I'm going to do as my next film after Scooby Doo.

Spoiler

130731134001-planes-film-dusty-story-top

I know I have made topics about how awful this looks and how it's sole purpose is to make money.  But is Planes as awful as it's existence appears?  We all are pondering this and I'm willing to sit through this and give it my two cents.  It's on digital now so hopefully that means it will be on DVD not too long from now too.

• Like 2

Sorry for anyone who opens this thread and is disappointed to see that there is no review, but I should have the new Crap Cinema up either late Monday or early Tuesday.

Strange thing is, as much I disliked the Scooby-Doo live-action movie when I was a kid, I watched some of it when Cartoon Network aired it not too long ago and actually enjoyed it. Hilarious review though.

Are you kidding me? That movie is gold.

I actually really like this movie.

Honestly, I found this movie okay. I can see why you hate it, though.

Glad to see you all voicing your opinions.  I appreciate honesty when it comes to my movie critiques and if you disagree then I can respect that.

So this is a week late, but you guys try writing a review like this in this format:

265308_det.jpg

I hate this so much that I tried something special.  If you guys find this to be too cheesy for you, then I absolutely understand.  This is probably the worst Crap Cinema review I've ever written which is why I'm going to write another installment very soon.  Probably in the next week soon.  But I've been tempted to review this for quite some time since the original Crap Cinema run.  And of course since this is a Dr. Seuss adaptation, I figured I better review this in Seuss-ian format.  So without further ado, here comes the most pandering thing I've ever done for my loyal readers.  The Cat in the Hat review.  Rhyming style.

I am going to see The Cat in The Hat on the television screen.

For the first time in years, my friends who sat through this thought I was mean.

Universal, Dreamworks and Imagine Entertainment too

Have created this live action tale for me and you.

The story begins, with Sean Hayes as a germ-a-phobic boss

Kelly Preston, as a single-mom who is full of sauce.

Her two children , Sally (Dakota Fanning) an uptight girl

And Connor (Spencer Breslin) a boy who is always making a chaotic swirl.

All seems right until the moment that The Cat (Mike Myers) steps onto the scene.

Hes unfunny, painful and full of struggle to please me that fiend.

Ill wait says me. Ill wait and see.

Madlibbing is not Myers thing.

The Cat played a repertoire of characters from Austin Powers to the Cowardly Lion

With no zing.

He has no redeeming qualities, not a one.

This movie is anything but fun.

Alec Baldwin as Lawrence a neighbor bent on marrying the Mom.

He is looking for a military school for Connor, the son.

These two are not friends, I can claim.

Alec's character is quite lame.

Lawrence is sub-par toilet humor that makes me want to leave the theater sooner.

This sadness wont end, with the writing style of Berg, Schaffer and Mandel

Who I doubt have ever seen a pen.

They couldnt write a bank check says me,

They couldnt write it properly, the entire audience agrees.

I am disappointed, I am.

That Dr. Seusss beloved story has been made to offend.

nec3dz.jpg

nec3dz.jpg

nec3dz.jpg

nec3dz.jpg

nec3dz.jpg

This review is my first,

because this movie is the worst.

I gave it one star,

but that's too many by far.

It's so very bad,

Dr. Seuss must be sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough of my lousy rhyming, this movie is the absolute epitome of why these Dr. Seuss adaptations should end.  It's fucking awful.  Yes Dr. Seuss has a built in audience and they can adapt every single last one, but none of these films work because they lack the passion that Dr. Seuss gave while writing these stories.  The studios just want to make money without putting any sort of effort into them.  These are stories that we are continuing to read even today. They're stories that we remember years later, even when other stories fade from our memory. They're stories that we'll never forget - and for good reason! They're stories that helped shape our childhoods, through well thought-out writing, imaginative drawings and endearing morals.

The Cat in the Hat is none of this.  This is just pandering bullshit.  Now to get rid of this awful review from your memory banks, sit back and watch Beans from Even Stevens hit The Cat in the nards.

• Like 5

Nice review, but...

Enough of my lousy rhyming, this movie is the absolute epitome of why these Dr. Seuss adaptations should end.  It's fucking awful.  Yes Dr. Seuss has a built in audience and they can adapt every single last one, but none of these films work because they lack the passion that Dr. Seuss gave while writing these stories. 

I disagree. I thought that the animated film of Horton Hears a Who was awesome and I like The Lorax movie from what I've seen of it.

Nice review, but...

I disagree. I thought that the animated film of Horton Hears a Who was awesome and I like The Lorax movie from what I've seen of it.

I was never a fan of Horton Hears a Who as a book or a film.

The Lorax was ok, but it just lacked anything distinctive or memorable.  They played it far too safe to the point of making it a movie worth remembering.