• Advertisement

New Video Game: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

Jjs Goodman

It's been a long time since we've had any new info on a SpongeBob game after THQ announced they'd stop making games for the franchise. However, the other day it was revealed that Activision now will be taking THQ's place as the SpongeBob Video Game publisher (confirmed in video here). Today, the Australian Classification Board confirmed a new game on their twitter:

FTDYLmJ.png

No further details were given.

How do I feel about this? Truth be told, I'm not sure. Before THQ dropped out of the business, the SB games being cracked out at the time ranged from good (Drawn 2 Life: SpongeBob Edition and Truth or Square?), to okay (Boating Bash), to forgettable (SpongeBob SquigglePants and Surf and Skate Roadtrip) and to just flat out garbage (Globs of Doom). Still though, I will give Activision some hope they can turn the SB Video Game Franchise around. Hopefully more details come soon.

Special thanks to DadMomAngryPants on SBM for finding this.

Oh, god, whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did they give it to Activision?

I'm glad a new SpongeBob game is coming, I'm interested. Who knows? Maybe this'll be everything I want in a SpongeBob game - but my expectations are just so low for this because dear God, Activision. Of all the third-party companies they could've given SB to, they gave him to Activision. Still, more stuff for the Retrospective.. so I guess that's nice.

they ruined the crash bandicoot series for me, and ehh I jus do not like anyone that makes call of duty (after 3) so I jus do not enjoy activation but if they can impress then I give thumbs up

(facepalm)

I looked up on "Behaviour Interactive" and apparently they used to be some company called "Artificial Mind & Movement". They're a Canadian studio that seems to have a ton of employees and a lot of games done... which of course, all of are subpar or average-OKish quality. Not sure if this is great news when the most recent game of theirs is titled "Doritos Crash Course 2".

I'm still not really enticed yet.

(facepalm)

Call Of Duty fan?