• Advertisement

New Video Game: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

Jjs Goodman

Activision, this gonna sucks.....

Whether or not this is a sequel to BFBB, I have hopes for this. Otherwise, I'm waiting on the character designs...

No! sequel of BFBB must be developed by Heavy Iron Studio, the original developer, or else it's going to be RUINED FOREVER!!!!

Because they are the publishers of Call of Duty.

They've published Call of Duty, yes. Of course, I don't see why Call of Duty is worth hating on Activision....But coming from me, and probably coming from most people, they have the developing rights to Spyro. And that makes Skylanders, followed by Spyro's redesign. So yeah, I have a reason to feel finnicky with Activision's performance with Spongebob. It's the kind of method where video game graphics are becoming too realistic for its own good or whatever, and that's probably what they kind of did to Skylanders.

I don't know if CalvinFan64 is still facepalming here, I might as well have given him my own explanation.

Some new info:

The game will be released October 22nd for the US, and October 23rd for Australia. Here's a full press release on it:

Nickelodeon Extends Partnership With Activision Publishing, Inc.; Publisher Signs On As Master Video Game Licensee For SpongeBob SquarePants

Global, Multi-Year Agreement Includes Fall Release of Brand-New Title, SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

Nickelodeon and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard , today announced a new global, multi-year agreement to develop and publish video games featuring pop culture phenomenon SpongeBob SquarePants. The first game to be published in the new partnership will be SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge, an all-new action-adventure video game set to be released on Oct. 22 for the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii™ and Wii U™ systems, and the Nintendo DS™ and 3DS™ handheld systems.

"We are excited to expand our relationship with Activision for brand new SpongeBob video games," said Sherice Torres, Senior Vice President of Entertainment Products, Nickelodeon Consumer Products. "Plankton's Robotic Revenge captures the fun and excitement of SpongeBob and his pals, and gives fans a new way to experience the under the sea adventures of Bikini Bottom and its citizens."

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge is a third-person, co-op gaming adventure, developed by Behaviour Interactive, which combines exploration, adventure and puzzle-solving. In this original story, Sheldon J. Plankton - known for his obsession with stealing the Krusty Krab's secret formula - and his new legion of evil robots have destroyed the Krusty Krab and stolen the safe that houses the famous Krabby Patty formula. Fans can choose to play as SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy or Mr. Krabs as they try to locate the hidden keys to the safe before the Krabby Patty formula is lost forever.

Trailer:

Cover Art:

prr_zps9b2a2c69.jpg

Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nickelodeon-extends-partnership-with-activision-publishing-inc-publisher-signs-on-as-master-video-game-licensee-for-spongebob-squarepants-216925511.html

• Like 5

The effects remind me of the new 4D ride. I haven't got a SB video game since the movie. (I'm not a big gamer at all really, so that's mostly why. :P). But I've been looking through the games recently. I'm so glad it's on the 360, I am totally getting this. I think it would be fun someone made a thread where we talk about our progresses in the game and secret tips.

I think it's cool how it's like the Console NSMB games and Super Mario 3D World in that it's got four player support. Most likely gonna get this on the 3DS, might get it for the Wii as a sendoff for that old thing. :P

Wow, I watched the trailer (on mute even, so many tabs open i'm getting ads), and WOW I'm lovin the 3d animation! I can see it's really improved since Nicktoons Unite and the like, lol. XP

Actually, I love everything about it!

AND ITS ON 3DS AND WIIU YES! I've always dreamed SpongeBob videogames would make a grand return on the WiiU...

It's also nice they're releasing it on Wii and DS, knowing there's still some people who have neither 3DS or WiiU yet.

I'll likely get this on WiiU first lol

Any news on this recently? It's basically a ritual for me to buy the latest SB game when I can (yes, I'm one of those unsuspecting rugrats who got Globs Of Doom), with the exception for the consoles I don't have/augmentations I don't have and don't want. (UDraw and Kinect, respectively). Good thing is, it's out for the 360, probably'll get it for that so I can get some use out of the thing, haven't used it much since my Viva Pinata days. It does seem like a relatively playable mash-em-up, at least - the models look to me like some sort of characterless versions of the ones from BFBB, now that I look closely.

Oh, oh, buck-tooth Patrick on the cover too, that's a paddlin'.

"SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge is a third-person, co-op gaming adventure, developed by Behaviour Interactive, which combines exploration, adventure and puzzle-solving. In this original story, Sheldon J. Plankton - known for his obsession with stealing the Krusty Krab's secret formula - and his new legion of evil robots have destroyed the Krusty Krab and stolen the safe that houses the famous Krabby Patty formula. Fans can choose to play as SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy or Mr. Krabs as they try to locate the hidden keys to the safe before the Krabby Patty formula is lost forever."

Original story my bum.

• Like 2