• Advertisement

A Farewell

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

There isn't really any good way of saying this, but this is the end of my theatrical performance. I'm leaving.  :(

But why, doctor?
I don't feel like I've ever been close with the community. One of the few things that drives a member to coming back to the forums is the magic, or as I refer to as "the spark", that you get from its community. I don't think I've ever truly felt it from the community. As terrible as that is, this is a sad truth.

Does this decision involve Dylan in any way?

As much as I'd love to say yes, this isn't the case. Dylan is super cool, and as annoying as he can get, I can definitely say with my entire heart that I've enjoyed working with him and being his friend. We've been through a lot together, and I hope that we can remain good friends. Unfortunately, I've actually been contemplating about leaving for the longest time, even as far back as the first transition to phpBB3. I joined initially because of Jelly, and I can't thank her enough, but I don't think I've truly ever fit here. The only thing that kept me here was the staff, which are amazing, but SBC feels like work without knowing what you all feel about things.

Who is making you feel this way?

I don't think it's truly anybody. Mostly, I don't think that my personality has really matched anyone on SBC. I mean, there is the teasing, but that was so long ago that it doesn't really count. I just don't feel like I belong.

Will you still be helping?

I don't think I will. If it involves PHP coding (such as a crash), I will definitely, but as for features, I don't think I will. Most of the features here have been migrated to an automatic system which don't require me to be around to maintain. Dylan is also pretty good at PHP coding himself, so I'm leaving it to him. I also heard Nuggets knows HTML too, so you all are not left in the dark. If you all want to continue ROBLOX, I still have the scripts to make that happen. Teams 2 is still online.

But this seems so sudden.

For me, it's not sudden at all. When I first came onto SBC, I was ridiculed for my passion for anime. I was constantly told that marching band wasn't a sport, and whenever I got on tinychat, I was, and still am, ridiculed for my voice. No person would ever feel at home with conditions like this. Bare in mind that this was a while ago and nobody does this anymore, but I still feel it today. Also, I'm not speaking for the entire community as a whole, this is definitely not the case - I just feel like I'm not at home here. I'll also reveal this: this is the second "leave" topic I've made within the past few months. Earlier, I made a staff topic saying that I was leaving the community, but I came back a few days later. Now I'm absolutely sure that I want to leave.

Are you still going to be actively involved with SpongeBob forums?

Most likely. As you all know, I started with SBM, and my childhood centered around it almost entirely. As much as it has changed, it still holds a special place in my heart that no other forum could ever replace. Because of SBM's special place to me, you will probably find me there. I might not post actively, but if you were to send me a PM, I would definitely see it. Who knows? I might start another SpongeBob website of my own.

Will you ever get on the Xat?
I may pop in once in a while for nostalgic reasons. As some members pointed out, I've never really been a Xat person, so my appearances will probably be rare.

Can I contact you in any other way?

Absolutely. If you PM me, I'll give you my Skype name (it is guessable though).

Je vais vous manquez tous beaucoup~

Well then, good luck with your future endeavors and thank you for all you've done for the community. Also, whoever has ridiculed you in the past, I bet they aren't half the mastermind at coding that you are.

Again? I bet this has something to do with the fight that went on in the xat that pushed you to do this.

But all of that aside, you'll be missed hilaryfan80 as you are a great part of the community. You're coding was excellent and it truly helped SBC to become what it is today. Adios amigo. And stay gold for me, k?

As for personalities I think we both have things in common. I'm really sad to see you go, I feel like I was finally getting to know you with our Nanny references and having a fellow redhead in the community. Sorry if I upsetted you in any way in the past. Meanwhile, I hope I'll be able to have contact with you in the future. I don't want to see you leave, but if you have to I'll miss you. Bye Boobcock. :( :(

Oh and I said "meanwhile", so you know what that means.... :smirk:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4d81c1cae35ee7ea93ac13a5bdcdaf30/tumblr_mgvv9dMhVe1s3h87ro1_50.gif

Guest ssj4gogita4

As for personalities I think we both have things in common. I'm really sad to see you go, I feel like I was finally getting to know you with our Nanny references and having a fellow redhead in the community. Sorry if I upsetted you in any way in the past. Meanwhile, I hope I'll be able to have contact with you in the future. I don't want to see you leave, but if you have to I'll miss you. Bye Boobcock. :( :(

Oh and I said "meanwhile", so you know what that means.... :smirk:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4d81c1cae35ee7ea93ac13a5bdcdaf30/tumblr_mgvv9dMhVe1s3h87ro1_50.gif

fellow redhead here

:\

Everyone's getting the retirement bug.

First JCM, then spreaded to OMJ, eventally spreaded to jjs and Dylan, and now hilaryfan80's got it.

Well, goodbye hilaryfan80.

Spoiler

But, since there's no longer a Graphics Designer on the Team...

• Like 1

Well, you were a good addition to the community and your job with coding the site was one that should be appreciated. Even though we had short conversations here and there but we had some common interests as well as differences. But I wish you luck on your future endeavors.

To be totally honest, I didn't really get you at first.

You came into the Xat, rarely spoke, and we never had any interaction. I knew you were good at graphics, but that was it. I didn't really know you much aside from that. That was all you were to me- the quiet guy that did gfx. But over Christmas, we started to talk a bit, and I started to understand you more. I still didn't really get you, but I was able to see the inside of your job and what it took. It wasn't until recently that we became good friends, though, and that's when I finally started to understand who you were and how you tick. And it was that understanding that made me like you a lot more. And even though we've had some differences, I still consider you a friend, above all.

hilaryfan80 has done so much for the site, only to be matched by Dylan. Your coding skills are wonderful, and your contributions to Orca and Teams are greatly appreciated. Sometimes I don't think anyone understands how much hilaryfan80 and Dylan do for SBC. Pages and pages of code, learning new coding languages, and staying up late going back and forth about designs is just a small part. And I'll miss you doing that work for us. I can relate to you feeling alone or not fitting in on SBC- we're really not so different. But you're never as alone as you might think. In conclusion, there's not much else to say but bye. I appreciate your work and I hope we can still talk on Skype.

you'll still always look like ron weasley to me though :P

• Like 6

Guest ssj4gogita4

You are? You look like you had brown hair to me. :P

I'm a ginger but it looks more auburn than anything else.