• Advertisement

Please Do Not Go See This Movie 2.0 - Planes: The "Spin-off" to Cars

Clappy

I don't hate cars, I felt like making an acronym.

I get the acronym now, but don't lie for the sake of the flow. XD

I dunno. I thought Waiting and Dan in Real Life were pretty okay.

Dan in Real Life had its moments, but I got bored of it easily.

I want to say it was Jack and Jill, but Clappy would know better than I.

Eeyup, you're right.

http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2924-please-do-not-see-this-movie/

But disregarding him the rest of the cast is pretty good. I think the collective talent of all of them outweighs his... presence.

You almost had me...until I noticed Sinbad was in the cast list...then you lost me again.

Whatdid ACS mean anyway?

Prince Darkstar was a name I thought of myself. But ACS wasn't. The name ACSBehemothHellcat was derived from stuff from Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier. The cruiser named the ACS Behemoth and the transport named the Hellcat.

http://jakanddaxter.wikia.com/wiki/ACS_Behemoth

http://jakanddaxter.wikia.com/wiki/Hellcat

Here you go.

• Like 1

Welp, I saw this. Results? Mixed. Spoilers ahoy, so caution.

The first 30 or so minutes left me thinking...this is a Disney movie? I already knew I wasn't going to like this as much as Cars just from the first 2 minutes alone. It just felt like an honest jumbled up mess during that time.

...then after that, some real Disney magic started to shine. Some scenes went really deep for me, such as the navy scene with The Skipper. Though the movie really felt out of place with it's PG content tbh. I know it wasn't meant for thetratical release, but they still should have kept the G nature in this film.

Interesting parts I found were that Sony Pictures Sound is where the score was recorded and Warner Brothers Sound was credited for something as well. John Lassator was involved, so maybe he helped out with some things, but he basically runs every single Disney movie these days so idk. Pixar's Renderman system was used for the film; I'm glad they used it to make it more like the Cars films and not starting from scratch or something. We also got some teasers for Disney's Boats and Trains (kidding, but there were some boats and trains in the movie). The tractors made cameos in the film, which I thought was kinda cool I suppose.

All in all, this was basically a poor mans Cars movie. I'd say if you're a Disney fan, go see it for yourself. If not, then you'd probably be disappointed by the film.

Oh btw, at the very end we find out Dusty will return in Planes: Fire and Rescue. Oh boy...

Looks like you're getting voiced by Rob Schneider instead.

I think that having a character that YOU came up with being voiced by Rob Schneider would be a fate FAR worse than death; Rob Schneider makes Adam Sandler look like Sean Connery!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And BTW, I'm planning on seeing this movie!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Enough said! ;)